Hong Kong Democratic Protests

the more I read and see on this, the more I think China is about to implode. It seems like everyone is po'ed over there about something, and they are just looking for a cause to latch onto. Only thing that bothers me is a lack of international pressure at the moment. I wonder how the Brits are feeling about this, specifically that the Chinese are going against their agreement of one country two systems.

You seriously underestimate the brainwashing effect. It is quite impressive.

You seriously underestimate the brainwashing effect. It is quite impressive.

brainwashing of whom? The chinese or of us? I have said it before and will say it again China won't face major problems because right now 90% of the population (complete guess on that number) is kept happy by the jobs and stuff created by their expansion. When that runs out, which it can be argued that it already has started, that 90% number plummets very fast when the Chinese government doesn't have the money to float a lot of the new cities and population dispersion efforts they have instituted.

here's a NY Times article that actually goes into this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/16/world/asia/chinas-great-uprooting-moving-250-million-into-cities.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

The US has had it's eyes on destabilizing Russia and China for a long time. This is just part of that process..

The US has had it's eyes on destabilizing Russia and China for a long time. This is just part of that process..

right, we are coercing them to uber-urbanize so they can become 'self dependent' and therefore create an untold amount of joblessness and unrest. And we orchestrated Hong Kong being handed over to the Chinese (that part is true) just so the Chinese can go back on their promises and piss people off (that not so much). We have also pushed them to destroy farmland, create an unbelievable amount of pollution. I guess we also instituted the communist regime in China and forced them to become a welfare state. And we have been forcing the Chinese to move huge numbers of eastern chinese into west China, Tibet and Xia Jiang, to de-culturize the population. As well as directly funded all of their big projects which have forced the removal of local populations, destroyed cultural locations and homes.

That's a lot of credit you're giving an administration that can't even secure the White House.

You honestly believe these guys are smart and sophisticated enough to pull off the destabilization of 2 major countries?

Of course. Nothing is better than a destablized trading partner.

As we speak, the US is meddling in a sovereign part of Chinese territory. This is like Russia doing the same thing in San Francisco.

It's so easy to read. Sorry you can't follow along...

That's a lot of credit you're giving an administration that can't even secure the White House.

You honestly believe these guys are smart and sophisticated enough to pull off the destabilization of 2 major countries?

They've destabilized the whole Middle East and Ukraine......why not?

By856YaCEAAFrkv.jpg

PLA trucks on the move in Hong Kong.

It's no secret that Chinese opposition leaders have met on multiple occasions with Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, amongst others.

What do you think they're discussing.....The best recipes for chow mein??

It's no secret that Chinese opposition leaders have met on multiple occasions with Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, amongst others.

What do you think they're discussing.....The best recipes for chow mein??

i am willing to bet those same people have met more times with the pro-government factions. why do world leaders and dignitaries talk to the Republicans? OH MY GOSH GOVERNMENT OVERTHROW!!!!!!

The US is Scooby Doo and the gang. China and Russia would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

i am willing to bet those same people have met more times with the pro-government factions. why do world leaders and dignitaries talk to the Republicans? OH MY GOSH GOVERNMENT OVERTHROW!!!!!!

Of course that's their goal!! Don't think it's not. Do you think the US govt would allow such protest and occupations by pro communists in Washington DC? Being coached by Chinese leaders? Lol

so we aren't allowed to put money into groups that go about the world promoting our system of government? What I will call political advertising. And how is it our fault that people that have received training or and education in our country go back to their country and then find out it sucks and does what they can to fix it? Once again the articles posted makes it seems like we are the only nation to promote our ideology by financially backing institutions in other countries. Plenty of Chinese and Russia backed Communist groups here in America. I guess you are saying its only wrong because our 'plan' works while theirs doesn't; and thankfully we live in a country that at least somewhat tolerates differing ideas. Do you know what would happen to you if you post this type of stuff in Russia about Russia? Thrown in jail, never heard from again. Get over it, we aren't cheating the system, we are just better than everyone else at the game.

It's a lot easier to sell a good product vs a bad one. Democracy vs Communism, and only one of those lets the people decide.

so we aren't allowed to put money into groups that go about the world promoting our system of government? What I will call political advertising. And how is it our fault that people that have received training or and education in our country go back to their country and then find out it sucks and does what they can to fix it? Once again the articles posted makes it seems like we are the only nation to promote our ideology by financially backing institutions in other countries. Plenty of Chinese and Russia backed Communist groups here in America. I guess you are saying its only wrong because our 'plan' works while theirs doesn't; and thankfully we live in a country that at least somewhat tolerates differing ideas. Do you know what would happen to you if you post this type of stuff in Russia about Russia? Thrown in jail, never heard from again. Get over it, we aren't cheating the system, we are just better than everyone else at the game.

It's a lot easier to sell a good product vs a bad one. Democracy vs Communism, and only one of those lets the people decide.

You may be surprised to find out that Hong Kong leads the world in economic freedom (US is 17th). They rank number 3 on the world freedom index that is a composite of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, discrimination against homosexuals and women's rights (US was 7th).

To me, the right to vote from a selection of handpicked candidates is less important than these other indices. The people of Hong Kong already have tremendous freedoms and JMO, we shouldn't be funding uprisings in other countries (caveat: unless they're our enemies).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
So if we are intentionally destabilizing HK and China why did we ignore the freedom movement in Iran? We had a chance to destabilize them and passed completely by openly endorsing the existing Iranian leadership.

Yes, we are better at it because of our control of the media and propaganda. You're mistaken if this is a innocent game though. We don't spend money not to make money. It's about destabilizing and control.

VN Store

Back