Hong Kong Democratic Protests

the more I read and see on this, the more I think China is about to implode. It seems like everyone is po'ed over there about something, and they are just looking for a cause to latch onto. Only thing that bothers me is a lack of international pressure at the moment. I wonder how the Brits are feeling about this, specifically that the Chinese are going against their agreement of one country two systems.

the more I read and see on this, the more I think China is about to implode. It seems like everyone is po'ed over there about something, and they are just looking for a cause to latch onto. Only thing that bothers me is a lack of international pressure at the moment. I wonder how the Brits are feeling about this, specifically that the Chinese are going against their agreement of one country two systems.

Once the Chinese people no longer fear the Central Committee their power is gone. Fear is the only means of rule and control in a communist regime.

The Dems in this country are following their playbook.

Reactions: 1 person
Once the Chinese people no longer fear the Central Committee their power is gone. Fear is the only means of rule and control in a communist regime.

The Dems in this country are following their playbook.

that's why I said earlier the Chinese military is going to have to step in at Hong Kong, because if the protesters win, that's a chink in the armor. and that would encourage a lot of the other groups on the mainland, as it already is.

I would say the dems are using welfare instead of fear per se. but its the same idea.

that's why I said earlier the Chinese military is going to have to step in at Hong Kong, because if the protesters win, that's a chink in the armor. and that would encourage a lot of the other groups on the mainland, as it already is.

I would say the dems are using welfare instead of fear per se. but its the same idea.

It would cause an economic collapse for the Red Army to step in or any other Tiananmen square event to happen. The western consumer (I hope) would boycott Chinese goods.

that's why I said earlier the Chinese military is going to have to step in at Hong Kong, because if the protesters win, that's a chink in the armor.

Can you say that in a thread about Hong Kong/China???

Reactions: 2 people
Can you say that in a thread about Hong Kong/China???

safer to use a pic of the same thing...

asian-cartoon-soldier-tank-illustration-35876064.jpg

It would cause an economic collapse for the Red Army to step in or any other Tiananmen square event to happen. The western consumer (I hope) would boycott Chinese goods.

we have turned a pretty blind eye on Tibet. Right now there is no international pressure on China, for any number of reasons, change will have to come from within.

safer to use a pic of the same thing...

asian-cartoon-soldier-tank-illustration-35876064.jpg

Normally, i typr LOL if something is amusing whether i laugh or not

but that made me laugh so hard i cried.

You guys (hog, sewage, you) are sharp today!!!

LOLSHIC.

we have turned a pretty blind eye on Tibet. Right now there is no international pressure on China, for any number of reasons, change will have to come from within.

Hong Kong is too economically important for the free world to ignore a military crackdown. How many corporations would be forced to pull out due to consumer demand?

Hong Kong is too economically important for the free world to ignore a military crackdown. How many corporations would be forced to pull out due to consumer demand?

it is much more in the public eye, which is why I am so interested in seeing how it turns out. and we the consumer have proved long term that we don't care enough, enough to hurt them for a quarter or so but not long term enough to drive them out of business. How many sweat shops corporations do we still support? How many HMO operations have we shut down? All we the consumer will do will allow another company to step up a little that offers a more PC version of the Hong Kong alternative, and a lot of time those PC versions are owned by the same company.

Protesters cleaning up after themselves:

BUn1ntt.jpg

this is effing brilliant on their part, keeps the view of the general public positive, they aren't destroying anything they aren't being a blight on the area (except for shutting it down). this is how protests should be done. It also gives the crowd something to do besides sitting there all day.

Sentenced to community service?

voluntary action after the night that QT got jacked up. you are simply ignoring evidence if you actually believe what you said to push your idea along. while there is a lot of jacked up stuff with ferguson, the community has occasionally responded positively. but keep believing because they are black they can't do good things.

voluntary action after the night that QT got jacked up. you are simply ignoring evidence if you actually believe what you said to push your idea along. while there is a lot of jacked up stuff with ferguson, the community has occasionally responded positively. but keep believing because they are black they can't do good things.

Lighten up Francis, there appears to be a white guy in the picture also.

Quit looking for it at every turn.

Right, because in other threads I have justified the rioting looting and other foolishness, and been attacking people who have commented on such action. please point out one other time I have 'attacked' someone for 'racist' comments and I will concede the point. :eek:k:

Right, because in other threads I have justified the rioting looting and other foolishness, and been attacking people who have commented on such action. please point out one other time I have 'attacked' someone for 'racist' comments and I will concede the point. :eek:k:

You attacked me when there was nothing racist in my post.

Think we can get the "protesters" in Ferguson to do the same?

Sentenced to community service?

What was the point of the community service comment then? these people were only cleaning up because they had too? implying that the largely black community of 'protesters' wouldn't perform the actions seen in China comes across as racist. Then pointing out that there was a white guy in the picture to make it ok comes off as racism, or reverse racism if you believe in that nonsense. Similar to the belief that because we have a black president the US isn't racist anymore. 'My joke was ok because there was a white guy to make it not racist'.

Reactions: 2 people
What was the point of the community service comment then? these people were only cleaning up because they had too? implying that the largely black community of 'protesters' wouldn't perform the actions seen in China comes across as racist. Then pointing out that there was a white guy in the picture to make it ok comes off as racism, or reverse racism if you believe in that nonsense. Similar to the belief that because we have a black president the US isn't racist anymore. 'My joke was ok because there was a white guy to make it not racist'.

Panties get in a wad much? Take a chill pill. Nothing I posted was racist in the least unless you're really trying.

VN Store

Back