Holly Warlick's response worse than Lady Vols' loss

Holly warlick response was to you fans and media that talk sooooo bad about the players . I thought it was appropriate and needed to be said you guys can say whatever you want about her , but when she say something its worst please. We had a better season than last , we need guards that can shoot and I hope we can fix that

how exactly was this season better than last? back to back losses in the 2nd round of the tournament. this year was even on our home court.

Reactions: 2 people
The irony of Holly Warlick's outburst at the press conference is that the only people on this forum bad mouthing the players are Holly supporters. The ones that want her gone put the blame squarely on her shoulders.

Reactions: 10 people
Off topic but since a UConn fan is posting here... I really think they are in for a taste of what it's like to lose a legendary coach when Auriemma steps down. Whether it's Chris Dailey or whoever steps in to replace him? This transition from one of the all time greats isn't easy. Look at the state of their men's program since Calhoun retired especially if they remain stuck in that mid-major conference. I think that's what their women's team is for as well.

I doubt very much they would go after Holly. :)

I see where the tournament loss on the LVs home court is another of Holly's firsts. My question is how many more of these 'never happened under Pat' remain to fall? Surely the list is growing short.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok so it's been 4 hours and I have some words, not many but some as it relates to our #ladyvols.

I was a player, so was Abby and Pashen and Tamika and Semeka and Chamique and Candace and Dawn and Shelley and Lisa and Pam and and and......

And I'm sorry but you just can't blame this on the coach. Players play. Players make plays. Players win games. Players make free throws or they don't. Players are on the court. Players are in control. Players contest shots. Players get defensive stops. Players make or cause turnovers. Players take charges or punk out and don't sacrifice their bodies to do so. Players hit chippies or they don't. Players dive after loose balls or they choose not to. Players are taught by their leaders, their coaches and I cannot stress enough the experience of this staff who is coaching these kids....is beyond what any other program can ask for. The grass is NOT greener on the other side folks. Players need to mature. Players need to value winning. Players need to feel the pain. So the next time when pain is looming, it feels different and therefore they will get a different outcome. I really don't care if some fans don't agree with what I am saying but we have great players and great players need to step up as they always have in the TN program. Onus is on the players. I will remind everyone that in 1996, we were 5 years without a Championship and Pat was as stressed as anyone EVER. She put the blame ON US to win. Mark my word, it was ours to win or not. So please before you throw a baby out with the bathwater in blaming Holly, just remember it's a journey, not a sprint. In today's Me first, Video game reset world, everyone wants to get rid of the coach and think it will make it all right. Not so people. Holly is a Pat's protege. She's got her blue print mapped in her body, soul and mind. You won't get any better, any closer to Pat than Holly. I'd like everyone to think about this post as we tend not to blame the players only the coaches. Trust me, Pat blamed us and held us responsible. Time for the players to own up. Whether anyone likes to read this or not, it's true and you can't argue it because I have been there and done that. 18 to 21 year olds are adults.

I think we agree about the current players not having performed to the best of their abilities. And I think we agree that Holly is THE direct line back to your coach, Pat Summitt. And I think we agree that Holly is a wonderful person and a VFL--just like you.

In my opinion, here's where I think we differ---Pat always challenged you and made you either perform or sit. Pat always demanded that you improve. Most important, I think, Pat never tolerated half effort from you or the repetition of fixable errors. If you didn't hustle, if you didn't listen, if you played "your game" rather than the Lady Vols' game, you sat. And if sitting didn't cure what ailed you, maybe playing somewhere else would. And Pat didn't ever let a player be bigger than the team or her. As big as UT's big stars have been, Pat never let their light outshine the teams'. Everyone on the team was expected to perform to the best of their God given ability. If they didn't, there were consequences.

Holly simply is not that coach. It doesn't appear to be in her makeup. At least she has not shown it. It has been a long time since big name/high school everything Lady Vol players were treated the same as the least talented on the team (who are themselves very talented or they wouldn't be here). Rick Barnes demands the same effort and response from his best player that he demands from his less talented guys. If they stray from the coach's demands, they sit. If sitting doesn't fix the issue, they leave.

Now, full circle, can you really say that the lack of hustle shown by recent Lady Vol "leaders" looks anything like the effort we saw from the list of former players you posted? What's the difference? When was the last time you saw our bigs consistently dive for a ball? When was the last time you saw our team consistently sprint to the defensive end the way you guys did it in your day? Were you allowed to turn sideways to let a driving guard go by rather than take a bone crushing charge/block? These girls come here with the same talent you and your teammates did, but you and your girls wouldn't have been as great as you were without the consistent and well reasoned demands of your true leader---Pat. In my opinion, Holly either cannot or chooses not to demand of her recruits what Pat demanded of you. To do so is confrontational and not outwardly supportive and understanding. Maybe Holly is too nice.

That's where we disagree. And I hope you know I mean to express my disagreement with respect and appreciation for the Lady Vols basketball team, including this one and its VFL coach, Holly Warlick. As a player Holly couldn't dunk like Parker, but she was every bit as great in my book---a great VFL. And, add to that she is a wonderful person. She's simply not a great coach.

The Lady Vols deserve great.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
YES, the American Athletic Conference is on par with the Southeastern Conference, especially with that dominant Women's Field Hockey program.

Does your mommy know you spend so much time on Volnation? Same thing every time... grow up. UCF 34 Auburn 27. And exactly how many National Championships does the SEC have?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I see where the tournament loss on the LVs home court is another of Holly's firsts. My question is how many more of these 'never happened under Pat' remain to fall? Surely the list is growing short.

Only school to appear in every NCAA tournament

Does your mommy know you spend so much time on Volnation? Same thing every time... grow up. UCF 34 Auburn 27. And exactly how many National Championships does the SEC have?

Which two teams played in the women's basketball national championship game last season?

Which two teams played in the college football national championship game last season?

I wonder also which team from which conference was crowned the NCAA Baseball National Champion last season.

In the current NCAA Baseball national rankings the SEC has the numbers 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, and number 20 ranked teams. Eight of the top 20 ranked schools are from the SEC.

The SEC currently has the numbers 2 (Lady Vols), 6, 7, 8, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, and 20 positions in the national Softball rankings.

I find it incredible that you would show your utter stupidity by actually asking how many national championships the Southeastern Conference has.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I think we agree about the current players not having performed to the best of their abilities. And I think we agree that Holly is THE direct line back to your coach, Pat Summitt. And I think we agree that Holly is a wonderful person and a VFL--just like you.

In my opinion, here's where I think we differ---Pat always challenged you and made you either perform or sit. Pat always demanded that you improve. Most important, I think, Pat never tolerated half effort from you or the repetition of fixable errors. If you didn't hustle, if you didn't listen, if you played "your game" rather than the Lady Vols' game, you sat. And if sitting didn't cure what ailed you, maybe playing somewhere else would. And Pat didn't ever let a player be bigger than the team or her. As big as UT's big stars have been, Pat never let their light outshine the teams'. Everyone on the team was expected to perform to the best of their God given ability. If they didn't, there were consequences.

Holly simply is not that coach. It doesn't appear to be in her makeup. At least she has not shown it. It has been a long time since big name/high school everything Lady Vol players were treated the same as the least talented on the team (who are themselves very talented or they wouldn't be here). Rick Barnes demands the same effort and response from his best player that he demands from his less talented guys. If they stray from the coach's demands, they sit. If sitting doesn't fix the issue, they leave.

Now, full circle, can you really say that the lack of hustle shown by recent Lady Vol "leaders" looks anything like the effort we saw from the list of former players you posted? What's the difference? When was the last time you saw our bigs consistently dive for a ball? When was the last time you saw our team consistently sprint to the defensive end the way you guys did it in your day? Where you allowed to turn sideways to let a driving guard go by rather than take a bone crushing charge/block? These girls come here with the same talent you and your teammates did, but you and your girls wouldn't have been as great as you were without the consistent and well reasoned demands of your true leader---Pat. In my opinion, Holly either cannot or chooses not to demand of her recruits what Pat demanded of you. To do so is confrontational and not outwardly supportive and understanding. Maybe Holly is too nice.

That's where we disagree. And I hope you know I mean to express my disagreement with respect and appreciation for the Lady Vols basketball team, including this one and its VFL coach, Holly Warlick. As a player Holly couldn't dunk like Parker, but she was every bit as great in my book---a great VFL. And, add to that she is a wonderful person. She's simply not a great coach.

The Lady Vols deserve great.

Thank you for your message. It is so thoughtful and insightful. And your final 2 sentences and statements are the reason we need action from the AD and a new coach.

Which two teams played in the women's basketball national championship game last season?

Which two teams played in the college football national championship game last season?

I wonder also which team from which conference was crowned the NCAA Baseball National Champion last season.

In the current NCAA Baseball national rankings the SEC has the numbers 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, and number 20 ranked teams. Eight of the top 20 ranked schools are from the SEC.

The SEC currently has the numbers 2 (Lady Vols), 6, 7, 8, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, and 20 positions in the national Softball rankings.

I find it incredible that you would show your utter stupidity by actually asking how many national championships the Southeastern Conference has.

So I guess that would be 2 or was that 3 ...... how dominant a conference.

She may not comprehend it with PTSD and all (no disrespect to Vets) but I'll bet her emotional support dog does.

So I guess that would be 2 or was that 3 ...... how dominant a conference.

The list of Southeastern Conference national championships begins in 1933, the first year of competition for the Southeastern Conference (SEC), and includes 203 team national championships sanctioned by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and four additional national championships sanctioned by the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW), won by current conference members through the end of the 2016−17 academic year. During 2016−17, SEC members won six national championships—women's basketball (South Carolina), men's indoor track & field (Texas A&M), women's equestrian (Texas A&M), men's outdoor track & field (Florida), women's tennis (Florida), and baseball (Florida). The conference has so far won four national titles in 2017–18, with Alabama claiming the consensus football championship, Florida winning the men's indoor track title, Georgia winning the women's indoor track crown, and Kentucky winning the rifle crown.

The SEC has averaged almost seven national championships per year since 1990.

You can continue, though, to brag about the field hockey (or whatever it was) championship for UCon.

UCon is a school buried inside a totally insignificant conference with no way out. No power 5 conference wants you.

Reactions: 6 people
The irony of Holly Warlick's outburst at the press conference is that the only people on this forum bad mouthing the players are Holly supporters. The ones that want her gone put the blame squarely on her shoulders.

And the lady with a dang DOG in her lap at the game.....

Reactions: 1 person
She definitely is forgetting who is paying the bills for athletics that is the fans that spend their money to go to games and donate to the University. She acts like fans should not have a voice that whatever they do should be accepted.
I hope we can change direction now her thought process is wrong and is not giving fans any benefit for caring about the players. Fans want players to succeed they need proper guidance not gonna get it from Holly.

She is not forgetting who pays the bills because she doesn't have to worry about it. It's not like she is driving donations to the university and revenues at the gate. I'm not sure the womens program even finishes in the black anymore. These Europe trips are a waste and nothing more than a free vacation because this program is still terrible and it ensures their budget deficit is that much higher.

I agree with most of what you say, but you should check the AAC sports a little more carefully. While they aren't the SEC in football they had 3 ranked teams at the end of the season and were 4-3 in bowl games, including a UCF win over Auburn. Only undefeated team, UCF (13-0), USF and Memphis were ranked 6,21,25. They have a national championship in Women's Field Hockey, they represent well in soccer, ice hockey, women's volleyball, softball and baseball. Maybe these aren't marquee sports to some people, but they are important to others.

Are you still pushing your Women's Field Hockey trophy? That is about like Vanderbilt talking up the Women's Bowling National Championship and they are the only SEC team that fields a team. The sport is barely represented. I wonder if a school should start a Women's Arm Wrestling league.

Reactions: 3 people
Are you still pushing your Women's Field Hockey trophy? That is about like Vanderbilt talking up the Women's Bowling National Championship and they are the only SEC team that fields a team. The sport is barely represented. I wonder if a school should start a Women's Arm Wrestling league.

That's hot!♨

VN Store

Back