Holly Warlick should step down after this season

Until a few years ago, we were the premier program in women's basketball for a /long/ time. We've got 8 national titles. We need a coach that reflects that tradition. That's the point. The point is not can you take our talent and beat mississippi state or even win the (fairly weak) SEC--even as you underachieve and play sloppy basketball. The point is, can you pull together a collection of individual talent and build a kick-a$$ team, which we haven't had in a long time.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope not that would be real stupid.

Yes, it would. However, there are some who claim to be Vols fans who's canvas is real stupid. And if stupid is an art form, their work belongs in the louvre.

How some of you are so blind is beyond me. Warlick is a hack and she shouldn't be given several more years to see if she can get the job done or not. She's not going to be any better in 3 or 4 years than she is now. Cut ties now and go get an actual head coach not the best friend of a former legend. The longer it goes the larger the hole will become to climb out of. Tennessee deserves to be back at the top and its not gonna happen with Warlick.

Reactions: 4 people
I seriously hope not, she is from PHS coaching family, to me there's is no person out there who wants the Lady Vols to be more successful than Holly, no one. And we may soon find out if want and how to matches up, bout three more years. Can she replicate a Championship program? We know its all hard to follow a legend. So, I'm curious to see how she does, cos if she does, she will be an exception to the rule.

But she has to become a better coach, I do agree if she wants to compete for final fours and that too, is a process. Not a lot of coaches make it to the final four and or compete for championship for the past four years, there's only been three coaches playing for Championships.

So don't make it seem like it an easy task, Summitt made it look easy cos she was PHS.

People forget that one of Pat's teams had ten losses during the regular season but ended up winning the national championship.

Pat isn't coaching, its it's a wannabe that should be coaching at the high school level at best.

I think we will get better year after year. I think that's her progression, she has til the class of Deshield and Russell leaves, two final fours or 1 Championship. If not, then she gets a couple of more years, we have to recruit better basketball players. None of her guards after all that playing time, has made the leap to All American or an all SEC performer and that's our problem.

The future looks bright. Let's go Lady Vols. I back Pat and roll with Holly!

Say after me: Holly CAN'T develop players well enough to compete on the B-I-G stage.

Reactions: 3 people
People forget that one of Pat's teams had ten losses during the regular season but ended up winning the national championship.

Chamique Holdsclaw ain't walkin through that door. And even if she did, Holly would have no clue what to do with her...

Reactions: 7 people
really ? step down? why would a coach that is winning over 80% of there games step down ? and why would we as fans want her to ?

she is doing a very good job,don't be forgetting how injury riddled her teams have been when they get to the Tournament, ever since she has been the head coach

Nared has been out,which is big,DeSheilds looks ginger,hopefully that doesn't get worse and no telling what happened to Jones,hopefully not another concussion,I didn't see Dunbar playing any either,so the injury bug is all ready started this year

team chemistry and getting players to hit some damn shots,seems to be the biggest problem this year ,there is no reason for these kinda of crap talking threads about our head coach

I place the Texas game squarely on the players,make some of those wide open and easy shots,they were in position to put a lot more points on the score board and guess what ? they didn't,I guess that is CHWs fault too ?

Last edited:
Say after me: Holly CAN'T develop players well enough to compete on the B-I-G stage.

Like every player we recruit is going to be great. Develop players, three first round draft picks last year and two were injured.

really ? step down? why would a coach that is winning over 80% of there games step down ? and why would we as fans want her too ?

she is doing a very good job,don't be forgetting how injury riddled her teams have been when they get to the Tournament, ever since she has been the head coach

Nared has been out,which is big,DeSheilds looks ginger,hopefully that doesn't get worse and no telling what happened to Jones,hopefully not another concussion,I didn't see Dunbar playing any either,so the injury bug is all ready started this year

team chemistry and getting players to hit some damn shots,seems to be the biggest problem this year ,there is no reason for these kinda of crap talking threads about our head coach

I place the Texas game squarely on the players,make some of those wide open and easy shots,they were in position to put a lot more points on the score board and guess what ? they didn't,I guess that is CHWs fault too ?

The fact remains: Holly is almost clueless.

really ? step down? why would a coach that is winning over 80% of there games step down ? and why would we as fans want her too ?

:rock:

The fact remains: Holly is almost clueless.

That isn't a fact. That is an opinion, and a baseless one at that. The number one problem today wasn't coaching. It was the fact that the players (minus Diamond) couldn't hit their shots.

Some of you people are incredibly unfair, shortsighted, and prone to ridiculous knee-jerk reactions. Rude, ill-mannered, and disrespectful are also apt descriptions.

Reactions: 8 people
who coached that team? Why was it so bad????

Pat Summitt coached that team and they were young in 2008-2009 having lost Candace Parker and Shannon Bobbitt off of the National Champion 2007-2008 team

Players graduated off of the 2007-2008 team

Candace Parker 1st round draft pick
Alexis Hornbuckle 1st round draft pick
Shannon Bobbitt 2nd round draft pick
Nicky Anosike 2nd round draft pick
Alberta Auguste 3rd round draft pick

Last edited:
I am so confused. I am out of country and haven't been following the Lady Vols as usual but after seeing this thread I checked thinking they would have 3 or 4 losses already. They haven't even lost 1 game yet. What is the uproar about so early in the season? Seems like every time I log on to Volnation it is coach bashing season.

It isn't just today. If you had been watching every game for the last couple of weeks, you wouldn't be confused...

Making mindless substitutions didn't help us any. We had momentum there once and she took Tea out for Reynolds who at the time was giving us nothing. What about Moore who never got off the bench? I've been a supporter of Holly and I know if the girls could at least hit a lay up it would help, but these girls seem to be unprepared. Mindless turnovers!! These to me are a reflection of coaching.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back