Holly Warlick should step down after this season

For some of you Pat Summitt! lol

There's no other program besides be Uconn who has sustained success, and there's no coach other there can handle you all as fans, and understand the demands of Lady Vols basketball, and players.

Holly will be fine, she's in her fourth year, and she's a work in progress, no coach was great right way; not even, Geno or Muffett or Summitt.

Diamond got better tonite, our defense for the most part was solid tonite, our ladies have to get in the gym that's all, with a defender. Please do not go to shoot without a defender, we need to take shots with a defender.

Chill the hell out, and realize its a long season. :)

We can be a great team, once our team plays more together.

Y'all keep saying this stuff acting like anything is going to change and anything will get better.

It's cute. Really, it is.

Reactions: 5 people
I think we will get better year after year. I think that's her progression, she has til the class of Deshield and Russell leaves, two final fours or 1 Championship. If not, then she gets a couple of more years, we have to recruit better basketball players. None of her guards after all that playing time, has made the leap to All American or an all SEC performer and that's our problem.

The future looks bright. Let's go Lady Vols. I back Pat and roll with Holly!

Jim Foster isn't a good coach, either. He underachieved big time at Ohio State and that's why he was canned. The fact that he can beat Holly two out of four years, and nearly beat her in a third at TBA, just shows how horrible of a coach Holly is.

Reactions: 6 people
Jim Foster isn't a good coach, either. He underachieved big time at Ohio State and that's why he was canned. The fact that he can beat Holly two out of four years, and nearly beat her in a third at TBA, just shows how horrible of a coach Holly is.

Pat used to spank him, no matter where he went. I think some coaches have other coaches numbers. Jim is not the right coach for the Lady Vols. Holly is the right coach. The product on the court has to get better tho. lol

Should get Chattanooga coach imo. He beat her two out of 3 times iirc and certainly with way less talent.

Wes Moore beat her and then Jim Foster (current coach). I'd take Wes Moore in a heartbeat- a great coach that knows how to run an offense. I don't think Wes ever beat Pat but he played her tough about every time with a fraction of the talent.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd like a change at head coach but Hart doesn't give a dayumm about Women's Basketball and Holly will be around for a while to come(at least until the 2018-2019 season).

Last edited:
For some of you Pat Summitt! lol

There's no other program besides be Uconn who has sustained success, and there's no coach other there can handle you all as fans, and understand the demands of Lady Vols basketball, and players.

Holly will be fine, she's in her fourth year, and she's a work in progress, no coach was great right way; not even, Geno or Muffett or Summitt.

Diamond got better tonite, our defense for the most part was solid tonite, our ladies have to get in the gym that's all, with a defender. Please do not go to shoot without a defender, we need to take shots with a defender.

Do you think any program in any sport would keep a coach who is over her head, should not have gotten the job in the first place--and is, as you describe Warlick, a "work in progress"? First, Warlick is not "in progress." She and her staff are not good--period. The woman is in her mid-50s+; she's been coaching for more than 30 years. She is what she is. Second, great programs do not hire coaches so that s/he can learn on the job. They hire proven winners.

There are a TON of good coaches around the country--coaches at mid-majors, coaches at big universities that are building up programs that traditionally haven't been very good. You've got to conduct a thorough search. Hell, we get out-coached by numerous head coaches at schools with lesser talent EVERY year. I'll guarantee you that if we put the word out, we'd have a few dozen good coaches with solid coaching experience who'd be interested in this job. The key is to get someone who is smart, dynamic and demanding--someone who can make a collection of players a good, cohesive TEAM--which is something Warlick has proven incapable of doing.

One of my criteria for a new coach would be someone who can give a post-game press conference without saying "quick-shoot the basketball" for at least 5 minutes....

Reactions: 3 people
You might be right. But I'd like for her to have the time with her own recruits to see, after Diamond and Russell leaves, I would know better if she is the right fit for the Lady Vols or not, like you all said she is a new head coach.

I get it mane, I was there the first two years after PHS stepped down, and I kept my expectations the for the program high, and I compared her to Pat.

Then, I realized she is not PHS, this are not Pat's Lady Vols, now they are Tenn and Holly's Lady Vols but I still want us to be playing for Championships and going to the Final four, and playing basketball like Lady Vols, like female gladiators, wonder women, cos that's what PHS created and that is my expectation every year, but I also realize its might look different than it did with PHS at the helm, it took Pat a while to get her system up and running and for the players to buy into it.

So rather than apply false expectations on each of Holly's team, I can only focus on the final results, until her system and expectation and philosophy is in place and that takes time.

If you would have told me a coach taking over after PHS, would have gone to two Elite 8, and 1 sweet sixteen and win two SEC titles within there first three years. I would have said, get out of here, but that is my expectation, so I'm glad she's maintained that, our ladies compete for SEC titles every year.

And none of the coaches anyone mention would want this job, it may be glamorous to us, but they want to do what PHS did here at Tenn on their current job. It will have to be someone from PHS basketball family, the only coaches qualified to hold this position is Tara (her team is struggling, lost to OSU, fire her), Geno, Muffett and maybe Kim, and all of those coaches are out of the question.

And none of the other coaches has had the success of Holly at the helm in the last three years but those ones mention above maybe besides Brenda Frese, who won't leave Maryland, and Louisville Waltz.

The next coach of the Lady Vols will prolly be Carolyn Peck (ijs) or Elzy or McCray at South Carolina but that's after Holly has had enough time to see if she's a winner at head coach. Her winning percentage is amongst the top five for all active coaches.

huh? what? shut up!

The results we have seen the last three years plus, should not be a surprise to anyone. This is what you get when you allow a former legend / future hall of fame coach like PS choose her successor instead of the AD.

Last edited:
You might be right. But I'd like for her to have the time with her own recruits to see, after Diamond and Russell leaves, I would know better if she is the right fit for the Lady Vols or not, like you all said she is a new head coach.

I get it mane, I was there the first two years after PHS stepped down, and I kept my expectations the for the program high, and I compared her to Pat.

Then, I realized she is not PHS, this are not Pat's Lady Vols, now they are Tenn and Holly's Lady Vols but I still want us to be playing for Championships and going to the Final four, and playing basketball like Lady Vols, like female gladiators, wonder women, cos that's what PHS created and that is my expectation every year, but I also realize its might look different than it did with PHS at the helm, it took Pat a while to get her system up and running and for the players to buy into it.

So rather than apply false expectations on each of Holly's team, I can only focus on the final results, until her system and expectation and philosophy is in place and that takes time.

If you would have told me a coach taking over after PHS, would have gone to two Elite 8, and 1 sweet sixteen and win two SEC titles within there first three years. I would have said, get out of here, but that is my expectation, so I'm glad she's maintained that, our ladies compete for SEC titles every year.

And none of the coaches anyone mention would want this job, it may be glamorous to us, but they want to do what PHS did here at Tenn on their current job. It will have to be someone from PHS basketball family, the only coaches qualified to hold this position is Tara (her team is struggling, lost to OSU, fire her), Geno, Muffett and maybe Kim, and all of those coaches are out of the question.

And none of the other coaches has had the success of Holly at the helm in the last three years but those ones mention above maybe besides Brenda Frese, who won't leave Maryland, and Louisville Waltz.

The next coach of the Lady Vols will prolly be Carolyn Peck (ijs) or Elzy or McCray at South Carolina but that's after Holly has had enough time to see if she's a winner at head coach. Her winning percentage is amongst the top five for all active coaches.

huh? what? shut up!

The program will be below the dung heap by that time which is what is going to happen.

Reactions: 1 person
Holly is in an absolute no win situation. A coach at any other school with an 85% win rate would be praised. Here, she loses a game to a top ten team in the nation and she needs to be burned at the stake.

Her job is to beat Texas, South Carolina, Maryland, Notre Dame, and ultimately UConn and win championships. Sweet Sixteens and Elite Eights are failures here.

It would be like Bama football being content with ten wins and no championship. Ain't happenin.

i checked out Wes Moore because somebody mentioned him in one of these threads. This is someone with the kind of background worthy of being the head coach at UT--dominated at a small school for years, now at a bigger ACC school that doesn't have much tradition but has clearly got the program moving in a good direction. Proven head-coaching chops--and there are surely a number of people around the country with similar backgrounds. I cannot make any excuses for the tie he is wearing, however--it is hideous.

NC State Athletics - 2015-16 Women's Basketball Coaching Staff

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back