Holly has to lead us to the final four next season.

Let's have some fun with this Coach Amb vs Coach Volbaby!! lol

My starters and why? DEFENSE ALONE

Carter > Sessions Win I don't need a pg that can score if she is surrounded by all-americans just some drawn up plays that put them in position (cough Coaching)

Tucker = Mitchell I have not been impressed by Mitchell i know she will get better but the game plan going into the game will be go under screens make her become a jump shooter sag off on defense if she gets hit then we will adjust. I say JT is probably our best option here along with A.Mass/Carter/Reynolds rotating. I just need to see more of Tucker before i can determine her role in the offense but with MItchell guarding her i'm going to use her size advantage!!

If Wilson starts at the 3 they will have to play zone because if not keeping i'll start Jones i need her atheletism to take advantage of Wilson lateral movement ISO drive to the basket creating a mismatch it might be a problem on the other if they pound the ball inside but i don't think thats her game she is more finesse. I just need Jones to understand that get physical and contest every shot without fouling we will work on it in practice. Let's remember Wilson has done zero at the college level so she will have to prove she is great
(I see Welch starting at the 3 but will see)

Graves/Harrison/Burdick < Welch she was there best player last season in my eyes every time i watched them she took it to the opposition.
I think Graves comes back to life next season, Welch excels driving to the basket as well make her become a jump shooter.
I think this 3-headed monster can take a toll on her.
(i see Coates at the 4)

Harrison > Ibiam We have to take advantage of this matchup when it's there

This is my defensive lineup which means we are trapping and pressing half court make them use the shot clock.

Bottom line SC wil have to make jump shots to win the game as seen watch the match against UNC it's still unproven.

I'm faxing over the gameplan now Amb3096 i'll will the send the invoice too LOL!!
Your Turn Counter!

No Jones no way !

Jones is a very good defender, but on offense she will turn the ball over 50% of the time, either by just losing it, making a bad pass or missing a shot.

You forgot "making a fluid cut to the basket and making a sick layup...and forgetting to begin her dribble until she's taken 4 steps."

Let's have some fun with this Coach Amb vs Coach Volbaby!! lol

My starters and why? DEFENSE ALONE

Carter > Sessions Win I don't need a pg that can score if she is surrounded by all-americans just some drawn up plays that put them in position (cough Coaching)

Tucker = Mitchell I have not been impressed by Mitchell i know she will get better but the game plan going into the game will be go under screens make her become a jump shooter sag off on defense if she gets hit then we will adjust. I say JT is probably our best option here along with A.Mass/Carter/Reynolds rotating. I just need to see more of Tucker before i can determine her role in the offense but with MItchell guarding her i'm going to use her size advantage!!

If Wilson starts at the 3 they will have to play zone because if not keeping i'll start Jones i need her atheletism to take advantage of Wilson lateral movement ISO drive to the basket creating a mismatch it might be a problem on the other if they pound the ball inside but i don't think thats her game she is more finesse. I just need Jones to understand that get physical and contest every shot without fouling we will work on it in practice. Let's remember Wilson has done zero at the college level so she will have to prove she is great
(I see Welch starting at the 3 but will see)

Graves/Harrison/Burdick < Welch she was there best player last season in my eyes every time i watched them she took it to the opposition.
I think Graves comes back to life next season, Welch excels driving to the basket as well make her become a jump shooter.
I think this 3-headed monster can take a toll on her.
(i see Coates at the 4)

Harrison > Ibiam We have to take advantage of this matchup when it's there

This is my defensive lineup which means we are trapping and pressing half court make them use the shot clock.

Bottom line SC wil have to make jump shots to win the game as seen watch the match against UNC it's still unproven.

I'm faxing over the gameplan now Amb3096 i'll will the send the invoice too LOL!!
Your Turn Counter!

I'm still not sold on Carter at PG because she's not as good a passer as Ariel is. But in either case, I still give the edge to Tennessee at PG unless Cuevas is a star from the get go.

I don't see how you can put Tucker and Mitchell as equal. Based on what? Mitchell is the reigning SEC CPOY, 1st team all SEC, a WBCA/AP All American and a Wooden Award Finalist. Tucker hasn't played competitive basketball in 2 years and is coming off an injury. Tucker has the size advantage, but Mitchell has speed and a very reliable mid range jump shot.

Welch isn't going up against Tennessee's entire frontcourt by herself. She has Wilson, Ibiam, Dozier, Coates and White riding along with her. Plus, Welch has a deadeye 12-15 foot pull up jumper. SC is the only team in the country that can match Tennessee's size, talent and depth in the frontcourt. If Wilson is anywhere close to being as good as advertised, SC will be ridiculously good next year.

I agree that making SC into a jumpshooting team was the key to beating them this year. But next year with Wilson in the mix with her size, length, ball handling and face up shooting ability will give them a player that can just shoot over her defenders. If you close in too tight, she can drive past them. Even if she isn't as good as Breanna Stewart right out of the gate, she will be good enough to become a defensive mismatch.

I don't see Tennessee beating them with defense. They will need to outscore them and hit their own outside jumpers. Tucker, Middleton and Massengale's return will help with that. Hopefully, Reynolds and Carter work on being more consistent from the arc as well. If Tennessee plays well, then I think it would be a close high scoring game. If Tennessee's frontcourt (Harrison excluded) show up in the same form as this year, then I see this game being a rout.

Graves NEEDS to get her freshman form back and Tucker/Middleton have to combine to = Simmons. SC should be the preseason #1, and it should be a close race for the SEC title assuming Tennessee plays up to their talent.

You should get my invoice via email before yours arrives in the mail :)

Reactions: 1 person
I'm still not sold on Carter at PG because she's not as good a passer as Ariel is. But in either case, I still give the edge to Tennessee at PG unless Cuevas is a star from the get go.

I don't see how you can put Tucker and Mitchell as equal. Based on what? Mitchell is the reigning SEC CPOY, 1st team all SEC, a WBCA/AP All American and a Wooden Award Finalist. Tucker hasn't played competitive basketball in 2 years and is coming off an injury. Tucker has the size advantage, but Mitchell has speed and a very reliable mid range jump shot.

Welch isn't going up against Tennessee's entire frontcourt by herself. She has Wilson, Ibiam, Dozier, Coates and White riding along with her. Plus, Welch has a deadeye 12-15 foot pull up jumper. SC is the only team in the country that can match Tennessee's size, talent and depth in the frontcourt. If Wilson is anywhere close to being as good as advertised, SC will be ridiculously good next year.

I agree that making SC into a jumpshooting team was the key to beating them this year. But next year with Wilson in the mix with her size, length, ball handling and face up shooting ability will give them a player that can just shoot over her defenders. If you close in too tight, she can drive past them. Even if she isn't as good as Breanna Stewart right out of the gate, she will be good enough to become a defensive mismatch.

I don't see Tennessee beating them with defense. They will need to outscore them and hit their own outside jumpers. Tucker, Middleton and Massengale's return will help with that. Hopefully, Reynolds and Carter work on being more consistent from the arc as well. If Tennessee plays well, then I think it would be a close high scoring game. If Tennessee's frontcourt (Harrison excluded) show up in the same form as this year, then I see this game being a rout.

Graves NEEDS to get her freshman form back and Tucker/Middleton have to combine to = Simmons. SC should be the preseason #1, and it should be a close race for the SEC title assuming Tennessee plays up to their talent.

You should get my invoice via email before yours arrives in the mail :)

:salute::salute: I'll see your game plan an add this it will be a close race to the finish line 2 talented teams and depth the question is who gets nod STALEY vs WARLICK

And you made this irrelevant comment why, exactly? I'm an avid Lady Vols fan and have been since childhood. That I refuse to engage in pointless debate with those who are only interested in coach bashing doesn't make me any less so. And I'm sorry if standard English offends you.

it isn't so much what your saying,i'm like you,I love me some Lady Vols Sports,not just basketball and like talking about them,as you seem to like doing also

I don't care for the coach bashing either ,CHW has done a pretty good job so far and seems to have the team heading in the right direction,everybody seems to forget she has done a fine job as a 2nd year coach

She has been an assistant for many a year here,some act like it is a crime that she likes being a Vol and wonder why she didn't pursue a position as a head coach elsewhere,as to why,I have no idea

I guess being a true Vol and likes being here under Coach Summit should be held against her,does she need more experience as a head coach ? Hell yea,does she have a learning curve as the head coach of the Lady Vols ? that is another hell yea

but i think she will be just fine,of course time will tell,it is more your attitude is why I posted that :hi:

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back