Holly Extension is being finalized...

There's way more to this, but I can tell that you really don't care to know & understand.

FAHR HOLLY.

Well please explain it to us idiots since you were theré and in the know! I am glad you have such and insider exclusive the rest of us don't have! Facts are this, Oregon State had one first rounder and nothing else on that team and the best player they have sat the bench as a transfer, while UT had 2 picks and that game wasn't even close, there was never any pressure on OSU to lose that game and it was in Knoxville, those are games that I used to go to with my family, instead I watched till OSU got ahead by over 10 and turned it off instead and did other things with the family, but I guess between the football team and women's basketball sucking it sure has made other quality time with the family. But at least some of our fans aren't insane they see that doing the same thing over and over again expecting diiferent results doesn't happen. And to compare Barnes and Holly might be the dumbest thing I have seen on this board, a program with no final fours in history vs one with how many NC again? Yeah that sure works :loco:

Reactions: 1 person
The one thing that Holly or her Assistants have done very well is recruit. This is the main reason she faces higher expectations as well as the fact that Summitt built a National program that was number one.
When you have upwards of 7 McDonalds All Americans in the roster you shouldn't be losing the games that she is losing. Your record vs the top twenty should be better and you should never lose an NCAA game at home in the first two rounds. The fact that you are allowed the first two games at home is because you are rated higher than the teams you will be playing. This not even considering the home court advantage.
She is the coach next year so ready to move on. Her performance has been subpar based on the talent she has recruited. If her staff could coach like they have recruited we wouldn't be having this conversation now.

You do realize that Oregon State was ranked above us by the Coaches? And one slot below us in the AP Poll. They finished the season at #8. They just had a first round draft pick.

They were under-seeded because of their SoS. I agree we should've won, but it's hardly a career embarrassment.

Reactions: 3 people
You do realize that Oregon State was ranked above us by the Coaches? And one slot below us in the AP Poll. They finished the season at #8. They just had a first round draft pick.

They were under-seeded because of their SoS. I agree we should've won, but it's hardly a career embarrassment.

And that's what great coaching will do for a team, glad you were able to see Great coaching in person. UT had 2 WNBA picks while no one else from Oregon state got picked and that pick was ONE Spot ahead of a girl from TN! Also they came into the Lady Vols house and whipped them on national TV, so yes they were underseeded about as much as UT was overrated.

And that's what great coaching will do for a team, glad you were able to see Great coaching in person. UT had 2 WNBA picks while no one else from Oregon state got picked and that pick was ONE Spot ahead of a girl from TN! Also they came into the Lady Vols house and whipped them on national TV, so yes they were underseeded about as much as UT was overrated.

Whipped? UT led through 3 quarters and lost by 7 pts.

My point was that it was disappointing but not embarrassing because the teams were closer than their seeding. You helped prove my point, then just tried to cover it by saying "whipped" and "overrated".

My point was that it was disappointing but not embarrassing because the teams were closer than their seeding. You helped prove my point, then just tried to cover it by saying "whipped" and "overrated".

UT was down by 12 with garbage time after, not sure what you called whipped but final score only tells a small story compared to what actually happens, I have seen close games end at 10 points because of made FT at the end compared to non close games end at 5 or so points because of those same FT not made, OSU whipped the lady vols and sorry you arent man or woman enough to admit it!

and in case you dont remember here in the game with a 1:07 to go 12 point lead before a missed OSU FT, after that they held the ball trying to get time off close while UT wasnt. But I am guessing you dont think ND whipped UT, you know since UT lead by 23 at one point LOL wow we sure have some dumb fans!

Oregon State vs. Tennessee - Play-By-Play - March 18, 2018 - ESPN

Last edited:

I just looked at the box score and Oregon State led 44-39 at the end of the 3rd quarter, up 8 at 7:53 in the 4th, up 13 at 3:12.

I agree with the technical improvements you're suggesting, though I do think it sounds like a list for every team including ones with great players.

I just wanted to note that so much of this dissatisfaction stems from perception.

You realize Oregon State finished as #8 in the country and had a first round WNBA player. (They were NCAA under-seeded due to their SOS.) TN didn't play well and could've won. I see it as disappointing but not shameful or fahr-worthy.

As for the men's team, Barnes has over 30 years as a HEAD COACH. He had a losing record his first 2 years at TN. He had a great season this past year because of no expectations.

He actually finished the NCAA tourney at the same point with about the same record. Yes, he did it without HS AA's. But he wasn't ABLE to recruit them to TN. A lot of players don't want to play for Barnes because of his system and harsh style.

(Don't get me wrong. I really like Coach Barnes as a person and as a coach...though he doesn't take time outs or coach with a lot of antimated sideline passion [HW critiques].)

Just seems like nothing will please folks with Holly. National title or bust! Perception.

This was a final 4 program. That was the annual goal. You might say that is no longer possible but Uconn would disagree. If you shelf that idea then "who the coach is" doesn't make much difference.

I agree with the technical improvements you're suggesting, though I do think it sounds like a list for every team including ones with great players.

I just wanted to note that so much of this dissatisfaction stems from perception.

You realize Oregon State finished as #8 in the country and had a first round WNBA player. (They were NCAA under-seeded due to their SOS.) TN didn't play well and could've won. I see it as disappointing but not shameful or fahr-worthy.

As for the men's team, Barnes has over 30 years as a HEAD COACH. He had a losing record his first 2 years at TN. He had a great season this past year because of no expectations.

With the Lady Vol program,, expectations are part of the package.

He actually finished the NCAA tourney at the same point with about the same record. Yes, he did it without HS AA's. But he wasn't ABLE to recruit them to TN. A lot of players don't want to play for Barnes because of his system and harsh style.

(Don't get me wrong. I really like Coach Barnes as a person and as a coach...though he doesn't take time outs or coach with a lot of antimated sideline passion [HW critiques].)

Just seems like nothing will please folks with Holly. National title or bust! Perception.

Perception is reality

Shhhhh.....don't bring reality into the kumbaya society......you are just a hater......

Nah, I'm good with reality. Just not with dark interpretations of reality. Still doesn't change my point: we weren't "whipped" . You may think we were. We were ahead until somewhere in 3Rd quarter (not the end...oooh) , and we lost by 7pts.

I just looked at the box score and Oregon State led 44-39 at the end of the 3rd quarter, up 8 at 7:53 in the 4th, up 13 at 3:12.

Thanks. I looked after previous poster providedicated link.

Iirc, TN led by 10 after 1st. TN led by 2 at half. TN led until 1:42 or so in 3rd. TN lost by 7.

Thanks for the help, Noback. But do you feel this was a "whipping" or just a disappointing loss?

It's subjective, so just curious.

Nah, I'm good with reality. Just not with dark interpretations of reality. Still doesn't change my point: we weren't "whipped" . You may think we were. We were ahead until somewhere in 3Rd quarter (not the end...oooh) , and we lost by 7pts.

I never said we were whipped......it's hard keeping up with correcting EVERY post that is not by the Huggers huh......

I never said we were whipped......it's hard keeping up with correcting EVERY post that is not by the Huggers huh......

I was not referring to you, Daddy. I was disagreeing with another poster. I know it's tough to believe, but alas...

And I don't touch most of the negative posts. There's not enough time, and many don't truly care anyway.

I was not referring to you, Daddy. I was disagreeing with another poster. I know it's tough to believe, but alas...

And I don't touch most of the negative posts. There's not enough time, and many don't truly care anyway.

I feel "special"......

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks. I looked after previous poster providedicated link.

Iirc, TN led by 10 after 1st. TN led by 2 at half. TN led until 1:42 or so in 3rd. TN lost by 7.

Thanks for the help, Noback. But do you feel this was a "whipping" or just a disappointing loss?

It's subjective, so just curious.

YOU dont have to agree, but I am pretty sure that 3/4 of those with a minute to go heading to the exits KNEW that the Lady Vols werent coming back and guess what they were right! Fact is when you get outscored as they did in the 3rd and 4th quarter you got whipped, and again with 1:07 seconds left they were down by 12, OSU missed a few of their free throws and MR made a junk basket with a few seconds left, but it still didnt matter because at pretty much NO time during the 4th quarter did UT mount a comeback, so again that is whipped. Also like i said per your definition they cant be whipped if they led, so how about that ND game? LOL sometimes our UT fans just need to shut up and be quiet because whatever they say makes a fool of themselves, Chatt1 you would be one of those!

Reactions: 7 people
YOU dont have to agree, but I am pretty sure that 3/4 of those with a minute to go heading to the exits KNEW that the Lady Vols werent coming back and guess what they were right! Fact is when you get outscored as they did in the 3rd and 4th quarter you got whipped, and again with 1:07 seconds left they were down by 12, OSU missed a few of their free throws and MR made a junk basket with a few seconds left, but it still didnt matter because at pretty much NO time during the 4th quarter did UT mount a comeback, so again that is whipped. Also like i said per your definition they cant be whipped if they led, so how about that ND game? LOL sometimes our UT fans just need to shut up and be quiet because whatever they say makes a fool of themselves, Chatt1 you would be one of those!

Wow, if you think I sound foolish, you should hear yourself. I've tried to be civil, and never said the ending was any different than it was in reality. I gave you my definition of "whipped". But feel free to think as you will. It's your misery. FOR THREE MORE YEARS! HAHAHA!

The coach that follows Saban, Geno A, and Belichick will all be in the same no win situations Holly is in.

If you can’t stand the heat, then get your butt out of the kitchen. You should know the expectations before you take the job. Just because you bleed orange does not mean you can do the job. Realize you lack the ability to take the team to the next level and do you and the team a favor, step down.

Wow, if you think I sound foolish, you should hear yourself. I've tried to be civil, and never said the ending was any different than it was in reality. I gave you my definition of "whipped". But feel free to think as you will. It's your misery. FOR THREE MORE YEARS! HAHAHA!

I'll take that bet......

You trying to be civil? Hahahaha crazy isn't civil even when it tries and you are crazy and delusional! And for three more years, that does sound about right for our stupid administration but how much you want to bet about attendance that you would be willing to pay? Because after three more years of Holly it doesn't matter how well recruiting is doing she will still turn UT into even more an afterthought and attendance will suck because first the old gray hairs will be passing on and/or cannot make games anymore(my grandmother) and although they are stubborn as hell they can't keep the wheels from coming off and they aren't getting new fans each and every year at the same rate a day the ones being loss! But I am pretty sure our administration doesn't care about the Lady Vols program to begin with, so you might be right about three years, but I will also be right that UT will be the next ODU and LA Tech, two teams in top 10 all time wins but never a NC threat again. Good luck with that because at that point it will be the idiots rallying around Holly that will be the ones to blame because they allowed it to continue happening!

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back