Hire Tyndall today???

I hope DT works out, but if he doesn't , let's hope the next coach isn't as stubborn as the last two. It really is ok to play man and switch to zone or vice versa

Reactions: 2 people
IMO, the likelihood of Tennessee hiring anything other than a decidedly average coach at this point is very slim. NCAA issues aside, Tyndall is a great coach and in the top 1/3rd of the conference.

I hope Tennessee is able to keep him, even if he's not able to truly get his team rolling until the 2016-2017 season. The SEC is full of coaches with good to great resumes at mid-majors who have so far flopped in the big leagues, and that's the most likely scenario at UT should we have to hire someone else.

Reactions: 1 person
He had problems at Morehead St. previously and I had a feeling UT could have at least found out the NCAA was sniffing around Southern Miss as well.

I think S Miss started due to an asst coach not being brought with him getting his feelings hurt and contacting a friend who worked at NCAA. No way any vets Chevy or otherwise could've known.

Sorry but He will stay the coach.

I'm not sorry.....I'm happy to have a coach who knows how to teach and inspire his makeshift team to play more competitively than any other coach in the SEC, including calipari! If he had the roster of most any coach in the SEC, his team would not be playing until Friday. In fact, I feel confident that had it not been for Jabari's season ending injury, Friday would have been our 1st tournament game.

As far as cheating goes, if someone under your authority does something against the rules, how can you correct it if you have no knowledge of the infraction?

At Morehead, it was a booster who had contacted a potential recruit, without the authority to do so. Was it proven that CDT knew about this? Did he know about it and lie to the NCAA when asked?

What is the proof that CDT knew anything about what an assistant coach at USM had done, behind his back?

Stop trying to fire our coach, until there is more information! Unless you have nothing better to do with your time.

Reactions: 4 people
This is correct. It's not like the SM situation is the first instance.

And if you keep him recruiting will continue to tank and this will drag on for years. Better to cut the cord now and get serious about hiring a good coach and quit trying to do it on the cheap.

There isn't an unlimited bucket of money to work with. Hart has to let the NCAA bring something before CDT is let go. They can't afford to pay yet another coach to not coach. TN is screwed, replace CDT now and they'll owe him millions. Wait for the NCAA to rule and it could drag on for years.

I, too, think he would have been passed over but I am very glad he wasn't! I honestly think we have a coach who can cut down nets.

NCAA protocol seems to be to wait until August which means another recruiting cycle will be disrupted which really bites and frankly unfair. I like what Tyndall has shown and if we stay with him, we shouldn't expect too much until recruiting can come back around if the NCAA drags this out into the summer.

He had problems at Morehead St. previously and I had a feeling UT could have at least found out the NCAA was sniffing around Southern Miss as well.

The ironic thing about all of this is most Vol fans would want Pearl back, and he has had serious trouble with the NCAA. That is why this argument against Tyndall is comical. The NCAA hadn't even opened a file about Southern Miss when we hired him. The snitch was a former assistant at Southern Miss. Unless we had someone who could see into the future, how would we know?

Basketball recruiting is a dirty game. It just is. Our fans want to criticize when you can't get recruits and then criticize when there is merely a hint of impropriety. Too bad Donnie couldn't win like Bruce in year one, even though Bruce inherited the best 3 point shooter in SEC history and an NBA point guard. Too bad Donnie had to recruit 2/3 of his roster. Yet some still want to compare him to Bruce.

I think it's obvious had UT known about the NCAA issues they WOULD NOT have hired CDT. I think he's a really good X and O 's coach and gets players to play hard. Trying to paint him as a bad coach using this year is frankly just plain silly. We are in a holding pattern right now. It's time for cooler heads to lead not like the knee jerks we see here....

I think it's obvious had UT known about the NCAA issues they WOULD NOT have hired CDT. I think he's a really good X and O 's coach and gets players to play hard. Trying to paint him as a bad coach using this year is frankly just plain silly. We are in a holding pattern right now. It's time for cooler heads to lead not like the knee jerks we see here....

You sure that is all they are jerking

I would say absolutely not. I understand coaches are people and make mistakes but if you hire someone with baggage, they need time to show they can be trusted again. Plus, we have no idea what the NCAA is going to do to him.

As for the other part, I really like him and think he can coach but if Tennessee can get out of this without paying a huge amount of money, I'd get rid of him. Nothing personal, its just because he was caught cheating. Those things can hang over your head for so long.

I disagree..past performance/decisions predicts future perf/decisions..

Hart knew he was a cheater so what made him think he wouldn't be doing it again or would at ut to cut corners..

There were red flags on how he was winning n getting players sorry.

You r spending 2m bucks a yr n don't investigate his current bb roaster n admin of his team.

I just think our ad is a joke in how they hire coaches n their process..remember hart didn't a search firm...well maybe he did.

Every coach in major college athletics bends the rules. Tyndall just happened to get caught. They all "cheat"...

I would have hired Pearl again without hesitation and not thought a nano-ounce about CDT.

And frankly Volnation I just don't give a damn what would have been said or thought about it.

VN Store

Back