Hey, anybody else think Holly should go?

I disagree with much of your post, Amb. Not so much the facts but the interpretation of them.

Baylor has as many AA's as TN or more.

Other than last year, HW's teams ran through the conference.

They didn't stumble into the Elite 8. They earned their way through superior play against higher ranked teams across the country on one team's home court.

Destroyed is not fair considering that we led for a third of the game. Cuse shot out of their mind like 15 made 3pt shots. We had beaten this team earlier when healthy, but in that game our two experienced guards and post were injured sitting on the bench or trying to play with 1 hand. When they tried to play, those players turned it over repeatedly.

Cuse did go on to the championship game, so it wasn't like they were a scrub.

I'm not blindly supporting everything HW does. But as she is our coach and a friend, I won't call her names or call for her job. And frankly I'm disappointed in any real fan that would - even though they certainly have the right to. Anyone can bash anyone.

Not sure how negative posting on a fan board is going to bring a grand
resurgence to the glory days, but again I will defer to your wisdom and choice.

Believe me, I'm not expecting anyone to tow a line. I apologize if I've offended anyone. After years of reading this, I was hoping to show a better way.

Nice post!

Reactions: 3 people
No! CHATT!

Holly was given a team with 7 McDonald's All Americans initially. Last year was the first year of HW's HC task without Pat in full tow, she had six McD AA's The present team has five. . . . That is NOT the definition of rebuilding.

However, we could be headed towards the official definition if we did continue last year's spiral.

Unless, you are saying that the staff is in a rebuilding era...then maybe yes.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. That's still rebuilding. Folks have posted that they would take an unproven mid-major coach over HW and give him several years to rebuild. But "fans" being chewing HW's backside since her first year. Boggles the mind. And Pat has not been a direct influence on this team since during her final year. HW coached that whole year, too.

to me the biggest problem CHW has had,has been injuries,her teams have been beat up every year at one point or the other,I assume this should be at there S&C coach ? and who is the Lady Vols S&C coach ?

Reactions: 2 people
to me the biggest problem CHW has had,has been injuries,her teams have been beat up every year at one point or the other,I assume this should be at there S&C coach ? and who is the Lady Vols S&C coach ?

Welllllll it was Heather Mason (the one the foorball program consulted with too). Let's see...after Hart managed to do his thing, she's gone, but we did get to pay out a lawsuit.....one of several hart managed to cost us. IMO those lawsuits helped lay the groundwork for a very undeserved one later. I mean heck, when you've paid out four or more discrimination settlements you must be providing a rape culture too (not saying that's not idiotic but you know, money is money). So why not sue on those grounds and get a quick payout.

So glad hart is gone. And cheek too. I've actually read a couple of John Adams' articles recently. He's a jerk but occasionally does find an acorn.

I do have to say that Hart coming in to wreck the Lady Vols program has been fairly successful ,the powers that be wanted to dismantle the program and the name,probably for monetary reason(like T Shirt Sells and the Gray crap),but they have took a lot more,now it is up to CHW and the Weeklys to get it back :)

Yes, that's what I'm saying. That's still rebuilding. Folks have posted that they would take an unproven mid-major coach over HW and give him several years to rebuild. But "fans" being chewing HW's backside since her first year. Boggles the mind. And Pat has not been a direct influence on this team since during her final year. HW coached that whole year, too.

I think she has been under intense scrutiny she took over. Many wanted to continue the run of dominance but there was a lot of distractions not the least of which was Pat's illness that had to be dealt with. Posters will never know or understand the turmoil the past few teams must have undergone. I will readily admit that I don't have the definitive answers but believe the coaches and players want to win and uphold the LV'S tradition.

I disagree with much of your post, Amb. Not so much the facts but the interpretation of them.

They didn't stumble into the Elite 8. They earned their way through superior play against higher ranked teams across the country on one team's home court.

Destroyed is not fair considering that we led for a third of the game. Cuse shot out of their mind like 15 made 3pt shots. We had beaten this team earlier when healthy, but in that game our two experienced guards and post were injured sitting on the bench or trying to play with 1 hand. When they tried to play, those players turned it over repeatedly.

I'm not blindly supporting everything HW does. But as she is our coach and a friend, I won't call her names or call for her job. And frankly I'm disappointed in any real fan that would - even though they certainly have the right to. Anyone can bash anyone.

Believe me, I'm not expecting anyone to toe line. I apologize if I've offended anyone. After years of reading this, I was hoping to show a better way.

Nice post. Agree 100%

Warlick is not a good coach. We've seen PLENTY of evidence of that. The diehards can pretend that she is, and that lightning is going to strike and we're going to win a title with her as coach, but that is not going to happen. The program needs fresh blood, not to keep hanging onto a mediocrity because she was friends with PS. And the team needs a new logo too--the old one is just that....old and dated looking, much like the basketball we play. UConn has won 85 straight and we've lost 4 of 6 and are limping around and not even in the top 25 anymore and the diehards are pretending that things aren't all that bad. Good grief...wake up and smell the coffee. We'll be like Louisiana Tech in another year or two--completely irrelevant.

Reactions: 1 person
Warlick is not a good coach. We've seen PLENTY of evidence of that. The diehards can pretend that she is, and that lightning is going to strike and we're going to win a title with her as coach, but that is not going to happen. The program needs fresh blood, not to keep hanging onto a mediocrity because she was friends with PS. And the team needs a new logo too--the old one is just that....old and dated looking, much like the basketball we play. UConn has won 85 straight and we've lost 4 of 6 and are limping around and not even in the top 25 anymore and the diehards are pretending that things aren't all that bad. Good grief...wake up and smell the coffee. We'll be like Louisiana Tech in another year or two--completely irrelevant.

:clapping::good!:

You summed it succinctly.

The team looks awful on the court. A direct reflection of CHW.

Now if The LVS had looked awful against the likes of VT, PSU, Baylor & Texas but had won those games we wouldn't be talking about getting rid of CHW. But that didn't happen, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Yes Holly should go. There is a coach out there that took her first 4 teams to 3 elite 8s and a sweet 16. Got a boat load of top 10 recruits to come to school and played in olympics, was an all american point guard, and the first player to have her jersey retired at her school! Even in an off year her team pulled it together and got to elite 8. Her schools fans are some of the stupidest bunch and hate her, but the real fans go to the game and think things will even get even better. She has better results in her first years than any coach ever inspite of their wanting someone with a better resume...like geno or muffett i guess only ones lately to have done better, maybe the lady from Maryland...oh gee her name is Holly too!

Last edited:
Top 10 recruits
Merecedes
Jamie
Diamond
Turner
And next years class and the one already in 2018
Other outstanding recruits
Cooper
Middleton
Returning next year
Jamie
Merecedes
Diamond
Cooper
Middleton
And the number 1 class
By all means lets piss them off. Continue talking crap about them and their coach and look for greener pastures lol

Last edited:
Top 10 recruits
Merecedes
Jamie
Diamond
Turner
And next years class and the one already in 2018
Other outstanding recruits
Cooper
Middleton
Returning next year
Jamie
Merecedes
Diamond
Cooper
Middleton
And the number 1 class
By all means lets piss them off. Continue talking crap about them and their coach and look for greener pastures lol

Yawns... heard it all before..

Believe me, I'm not expecting anyone to toe line. I apologize if I've offended anyone. After years of reading this, I was hoping to show a better way.

Nice. Sometimes, a gentle voice is heard above the naysayers. Nice post.

Yawns... heard it all before..
So then stop with the lame comments. Like baseball the only thing that matters is the tournament. She has better results than any coach you much of whinners can dream might come here. She may have become the head coach at UT but she wasn't handed much to work with including fans like you. Yawn tired of hearing you bunch of whinners too. If it isn't Holly it is student atheles you say are not trying or selfish. Blah blah and then turn around and cry that Holly can't win with this awesome talent...you just trashed a second ago! All of you are a much of quiters probably broken marriages and families because team just isn't something you understand learns from tough times and sticks together to make it better. Quitters, with false memories of perfect teams. Pat had one perfect team and even they had bad games. Tennessee has never been a pretty offensive team all season. Take out the perfect team and the answer is never! Holly has 3 sec titles in 4 years. 3 elite 8s in 4 years. There isn't a Pat Summitt (spelled correctly) out there. If there is they aren't getting the results Holly is or the whinners are going to expect.

So then stop with the lame comments. Like baseball the only thing that matters is the tournament. She has better results than any coach you much of whinners can dream might come here. She may have become the head coach at UT but she wasn't handed much to work with including fans like you. Yawn tired of hearing you bunch of whinners too. If it isn't Holly it is student atheles you say are not trying or selfish. Blah blah and then turn around and cry that Holly can't win with this awesome talent...you just trashed a second ago! All of you are a much of quiters probably broken marriages and families because team just isn't something you understand learns from tough times and sticks together to make it better. Quitters, with false memories of perfect teams. Pat had one perfect team and even they had bad games. Tennessee has never been a pretty offensive team all season. Take out the perfect team and the answer is never! Holly has 3 sec titles in 4 years. 3 elite 8s in 4 years. There isn't a Pat Summitt (spelled correctly) out there. If there is they aren't getting the results Holly is or the whinners are going to expect.

Maybe you should run for office...Of course the "whinners" and "quiters" and "atheles" might not vote for you for bad speeeeeling.

I think she has been under intense scrutiny she took over. Many wanted to continue the run of dominance but there was a lot of distractions not the least of which was Pat's illness that had to be dealt with. Posters will never know or understand the turmoil the past few teams must have undergone. I will readily admit that I don't have the definitive answers but believe the coaches and players want to win and uphold the LV'S tradition.

I agree that the things you mention has affected the team, however, we have to improve our in game changes. Russell has great talent but needs more training in the post. The post playing really looks lacking when Russell leaves the game. We have to teach our post how to block out and how to play with toughness. The guards are turnover machines. You have crazy passes and other unforced errors. Most of our playing woes relate to coaching, or lack thereof. There is way too much standing around and lack of movement on the offense. Now with next year's crop coming, what we have, and those on the injury reserve, there should be zero excuses. With proper coaching next year's team really should be a top 10 team. I would still like for Holly to secure a bigs coach that has proven bigs coaching skills. If we play consistently, like we did against Stanford, this program is back on track.

I think she stays into her 70s and I don't think there is anything that could happen from a performance standpoint that would change that. I am more interested in how the LVs fair in their 9 January games. That is where they lost a bulk of their games last year. I think if they can go 5-4 that would be a small enough improvement that they should feel like they are heading in the right direction.

If they go 6-3 or better then maybe the changes to the offense are finally sinking in and people are feeling more comfortable in their roles. By the SEC tourney they could be a whole new team. I am not saying Zebras change their stripes but when they are all at the waterhole sometimes you can't tell them apart and I think they could get some revenge wins in this stretch that might surprise a few people.

I agree that the things you mention has affected the team, however, we have to improve our in game changes. Russell has great talent but needs more training in the post. The post playing really looks lacking when Russell leaves the game. We have to teach our post how to block out and how to play with toughness. The guards are turnover machines. You have crazy passes and other unforced errors. Most of our playing woes relate to coaching, or lack thereof. There is way too much standing around and lack of movement on the offense. Now with next year's crop coming, what we have, and those on the injury reserve, there should be zero excuses. With proper coaching next year's team really should be a top 10 team. I would still like for Holly to secure a bigs coach that has proven bigs coaching skills. If we play consistently, like we did against Stanford, this program is back on track.

What you said is all coaching, Teach. This and last year's group with all of these former HS AA's, with the right coaching staff, would be top five easily and would definitely challenge Geno and his girls.

The lack of coaching IMO, really stands out with Diamond. I've said this in other threads that she has just as much talent and athleticism as Bre Stewart but the difference is/was, Bre Stewart was coached by a great coach and played in a great program that pushed and strives for excellence.

I recall Geno saying in his show on ESPN that Stewart knows she's good and that she often tunes him out. But he keeps on coaching. They were running a post drill where Stewart had to come across the lane and establish position on the post.

She kept arching across the lane to the spot and the guy that was defending her was able push her further out. Geno stopped the drill and lit into her telling her to stop going around to get position and run directly to the spot to establish that position because it pins the defender right on the block. Arching to the spot allows the defender to push you out.

She then ran it just the way Geno showed her and she was able to lock that the defender into that spot by running straight at him to the spot, not allowing him to push her out. She got that ball where she was supposed to.

That's coaching. That's drawing the best out of your players. The fruit of that is not evident here because the play shows it and Diamond has great talent but it's not developed as it should be. The turnovers, etc. should not be happening at the rate with her that they do. Great coaching fixes that....

What you said is all coaching, Teach. This and last year's group with all of these former HS AA's, with the right coaching staff, would be top five easily and would definitely challenge Geno and his girls.

The lack of coaching IMO, really stands out with Diamond. I've said this in other threads that she has just as much talent and athleticism as Bre Stewart but the difference is/was, Bre Stewart was coached by a great coach and played in a great program that pushed and strives for excellence.

I recall Geno saying in his show on ESPN that Stewart knows she's good and that she often tunes him out. But he keeps on coaching. They were running a post drill where Stewart had to come across the lane and establish position on the post.

She kept arching across the lane to the spot and the guy that was defending her was able push her further out. Geno stopped the drill and lit into her telling her to stop going around to get position and run directly to the spot to establish that position because it pins the defender right on the block. Arching to the spot allows the defender to push you out.

She then ran it just the way Geno showed her and she was able to lock that the defender into that spot by running straight at him to the spot, not allowing him to push her out. She got that ball where she was supposed to.

That's coaching. That's drawing the best out of your players. The fruit of that is not evident here because the play shows it and Diamond has great talent but it's not developed as it should be. The turnovers, etc. should not be happening at the rate with her that they do. Great coaching fixes that....

Damn almost all your post trash the coaching staff no matter what the subject is.

Headline: "Diamond DeShields goes on a picnic"

MDVolPoster: "It's the coaching staff. She shouldn't even be on picnics. Geno wouldn't have his girls on picnics"

Reactions: 6 people
Damn almost all your post trash the coaching staff no matter what the subject is.

Headline: "Diamond DeShields goes on a picnic"

MDVolPoster: "It's the coaching staff. She shouldn't even be on picnics. Geno wouldn't have his girls on picnics"

Diamond went on a picnic! OOOH, MYYYY, GAWD! How seeeelfiiiiish, that would have never aaaargh, blurb, hack, hack, gag spit., help, ack, ack I am glaark, gurgle, busting a vess, ack, el, aaargh....ack, ack

My last words to the world, ugh, ack Fire, ack, gurgle, gaps Hawl, ack eeee (RIP).

VN Store

Back