Hey, anybody else think Holly should go?

Who pissed in your cheerios? Nobody was even talking to you.

You pissed in my cheerios!

Let's recap.
I posted a comment and you called it "Assinigne."

Then TNnative responded to you stating that you won't be winning any spelling bees.

Then you thanked him but you weren't trying to win a spelling bee.

Then I read that and was like 'Oh'... Mr. Bully? That would be you are doing what bullies do best.

In the words of Travis Bickle 'You talkin' to me?':yes:

Last edited:
yee haw, 1 game winning streak! Go LADIES! :)

We need more sunshine pumpers round here!

I hear what you're saying, but this is a common misperception. DD makes most of her turnovers trying too hard to get others the ball. She is also one of the few that can create her own shot, so she puts it on her back when the team needs scoring.

She leads or is close to leading the team in assists. She also rebounds, blocks, and leads in scoring.

No need to throw her under the bus. Take a closer look.

She's still not playing All SEC and All American type basketball, no way you slice it and a lot of her turnovers are unforced.

DD play so far, has been average at best or maybe this is the player she is... I mean on this team, statistics isn't something we can use alone for quality of play, Mercedes, Nared, and Diamond, we knew are (were) going to dominate the stats.

Go Nared!

You pissed in my cheerios!

Let's recap.
I posted a comment and you called it "Assinigne."

Then TNnative responded to you stating that you won't be winning any spelling bees.

Then you thanked him but you weren't trying to win a spelling bee.

Then I read that and was like 'Oh'... Mr. Bully? That would be you are doing what bullies do best.

In the words of Travis Bickle 'You talkin' to me?':yes:

You cannot be serious calling my response to TNnative bullying.

As I have said before, Holly is not going anywhere unless something really dramatic occurs, such as she fails to make the NCAA's, she pulls something crazy like Pokey at LSU, and only the janitor and a few dozen fans attend home games. However, if any of that happens, Holly should do the right thing and resign. That is if she really cares for the program and the house Pat built.

I would not get my hopes up because, unless things really go South, Holly will be back in the saddle leading the Lady Vols for 2017-2018. I believe that if she fails, with what she has coming in, there is a chance that she could get the axe. I think in Holly's heart, she believes that she can turn this program around and I believe administration will give her a chance.

How much further south would you like the program to go?

How much further south would you like the program to go?

So low? Let's see 5 years...4 Elite 8's & and a Sweet 16. 27 wins average per season. 3 SEC championships. #1 recruiting class. Programs out there begging for those results.

Definitely want more & better but the sky isn't falling...

Reactions: 6 people
So low? Let's see 5 years...4 Elite 8's & and a Sweet 16. 27 wins average per season. 3 SEC championships. #1 recruiting class. Programs out there begging for those results.

---
Things okay until last year. Record setting for program futility. Can't overlook that. The fact is the program is in a crucial point right now. Critical. 5-4? Out of the top 25 for the 2nd yr in a row?

Now she has this # 1 class for next year but it doesn't matter if she can't coach them to win. We saw what Holly did with 7 all americans. NOTHING! Some saying she should be fired IF some disaster happens such as missing the NCAA tourney. They say this cuz they think there is no way that could ever happen. I'm telling you right now that it could very well happen....AND happen THIS YEAR. Not saying it will for sure...but this team is THAT BAD where it shouldn't surprise anyone if it does happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
---
Things okay until last year. Record setting for program futility. Can't overlook that. The fact is the program is in a crucial point right now. Critical. 5-4? Out of the top 25 for the 2nd yr in a row?

Now she has this # 1 class for next year but it doesn't matter if she can't coach them to win. We saw what Holly did with 7 all americans. NOTHING! Some saying she should be fired IF some disaster happens such as missing the NCAA tourney. They say this cuz they think there is no way that could ever happen. I'm telling you right now that it could very well happen....AND happen THIS YEAR. Not saying it will for sure...but this team is THAT BAD where it shouldn't surprise anyone if it does happen.

Just ok until last year? Wow.
And they finished the season well last year. SEC Tournament semi & Elite 8. This year remains to be seen, but I have the feeling the team will finish strong.

Reactions: 2 people

You may not know it but those are the lady vols out there, the premier program in the country--well until Holly took over--the success you are talking about is subpar for the LV's, the sky has already fallen and there's no way to get it back in the air unless we get someone who can coach!

Reactions: 1 person

If you are talking about teams like Alabama or Mississippi, then I'm sure you are right. They would love to have those kinds of results.

Baylor had almost identical tournament results as Tennessee the last 4 years...3 E8s and 1 S16, 4 B12 regular season and tournament championships. Yet, I'm sure that Kim is not happy with those results despite losing fewer games during that period than Tennessee lost just last season, and those were with a much less talented team than what Tennessee has fielded during the same period (minus the S16 loss as the defending national champs).

IMO, Tennessee should have the same expectations as a team like Baylor, not Alabama.

If you are talking about teams like Alabama or Mississippi, then I'm sure you are right. They would love to have those kinds of results.

Baylor had almost identical tournament results as Tennessee the last 4 years...3 E8s and 1 S16, 4 B12 regular season and tournament championships. Yet, I'm sure that Kim is not happy with those results despite losing fewer games during that period than Tennessee lost just last season, and those were with a much less talented team than what Tennessee has fielded during the same period (minus the S16 loss as the defending national champs).

IMO, Tennessee should have the same expectations as a team like Baylor, not Alabama.

Lol. You're just trolling me, Amb. Because you know better than this. Alabama is happy to even make the tournament.

I never said we might not want to do better. I don't think HW or the team are satisfied with their results. Everyone wants rings. BUT folks are acting like these results are terrible/proof of incompetence/grounds for termination. RIDICULOUS.

You just gave a great example, comparing our results to Baylor. Do you think their fans are calling for Mulkey's head? Hmmm? No. And Mulkey ain't half the person HW is.

Reactions: 4 people
You may not know it but those are the lady vols out there, the premier program in the country--well until Holly took over--the success you are talking about is subpar for the LV's, the sky has already fallen and there's no way to get it back in the air unless we get someone who can coach!

The sky has only fallen in the minds of those looking for failure.

Lol. You're just trolling me, Amb. Because you know better than this. Alabama is happy to even make the tournament.

I never said we might not want to do better. I don't think HW or the team are satisfied with their results. Everyone wants rings. BUT folks are acting like these results are terrible/proof of incompetence/grounds for termination. RIDICULOUS.

You just gave a great example, comparing our results to Baylor. Do you think their fans are calling for Mulkey's head? Hmmm? No. And Mulkey ain't half the person HW is.

Actually, I'm not trolling you. Because this isn't the first time that you said that Holly had results that "other programs were begging for". Maybe Alabama, but do you think that Louisville, ND, UConn, Baylor, SC or any other top 10 teams are looking at Tennessee like they are an aspirational target? So it seems that instead of looking at the state of the program and wondering why it's fallen from their 2000s peak, stagnated at that lower level, and then dropped even further, I hear a lot of "but our results are better than 341 other teams out there!".

As for the Baylor example, sure Kim hasn't made a FF since her last tournament...but a.) she won a NC in the past 5 years and b.) after she lost Griner and Baylor was in rebuilding mode, she exceeded expectations by rolling through the B12, getting her team ranked higher than they were in the beginning of the season, and falling short against UConn and ND among others in the tournament. That's actually a better coaching job than taking a team with 7 McD AA, losing to a bunch of unranked teams, falling out of the rankings, and stumbling into the E8 only to get absolutely destroyed by an inexperienced tournament team. Frankly, I don't care if Kim is "half the person Holly is.". I'm sure she's a very nice person, but they are in different stratosphere's when it comes to coaching abilities.

If you are happy to lower expectations for the Lady Vols and throw your support behind Holly no matter how she does...that's fine. We're all entitled to our opinions. Just don't be surprised if the rest of the posters who are dying to get the program back to where it should be won't toe that line with you.

Truthfully, Holly is lucky that WCBB isn't taken nearly as seriously as MCBB...because she would have been fired after last season given the prominence of the program name, the level of talent on the team and the poor results.

Actually, I'm not trolling you. Because this isn't the first time that you said that Holly had results that "other programs were begging for". Maybe Alabama, but do you think that Louisville, ND, UConn, Baylor, SC or any other top 10 teams are looking at Tennessee like they are an aspirational target? So it seems that instead of looking at the state of the program and wondering why it's fallen from their 2000s peak, stagnated at that lower level, and then dropped even further, I hear a lot of "but our results are better than 341 other teams out there!".

As for the Baylor example, sure Kim hasn't made a FF since her last tournament...but a.) she won a NC in the past 5 years and b.) after she lost Griner and Baylor was in rebuilding mode, she exceeded expectations by rolling through the B12, getting her team ranked higher than they were in the beginning of the season, and falling short against UConn and ND among others in the tournament. That's actually a better coaching job than taking a team with 7 McD AA, losing to a bunch of unranked teams, falling out of the rankings, and stumbling into the E8 only to get absolutely destroyed by an inexperienced tournament team. Frankly, I don't care if Kim is "half the person Holly is.". I'm sure she's a very nice person, but they are in different stratosphere's when it comes to coaching abilities.

If you are happy to lower expectations for the Lady Vols and throw your support behind Holly no matter how she does...that's fine. We're all entitled to our opinions. Just don't be surprised if the rest of the posters who are dying to get the program back to where it should be won't toe that line with you.

Truthfully, Holly is lucky that WCBB isn't taken nearly as seriously as MCBB...because she would have been fired after last season given the prominence of the program name, the level of talent on the team and the poor results.

Amb you are fighting a losing battle with an obvious Holly Warlick Proxy if not Holly herself.......wait I take that back since there is no way that Holly herself could craft such responses as the poster that you are responding to.:)

I disagree with much of your post, Amb. Not so much the facts but the interpretation of them.

Baylor has as many AA's as TN or more.

Other than last year, HW's teams ran through the conference.

They didn't stumble into the Elite 8. They earned their way through superior play against higher ranked teams across the country on one team's home court.

Destroyed is not fair considering that we led for a third of the game. Cuse shot out of their mind like 15 made 3pt shots. We had beaten this team earlier when healthy, but in that game our two experienced guards and post were injured sitting on the bench or trying to play with 1 hand. When they tried to play, those players turned it over repeatedly.

Cuse did go on to the championship game, so it wasn't like they were a scrub.

I'm not blindly supporting everything HW does. But as she is our coach and a friend, I won't call her names or call for her job. And frankly I'm disappointed in any real fan that would - even though they certainly have the right to. Anyone can bash anyone.

Not sure how negative posting on a fan board is going to bring a grand
resurgence to the glory days, but again I will defer to your wisdom and choice.

Believe me, I'm not expecting anyone to toe line. I apologize if I've offended anyone. After years of reading this, I was hoping to show a better way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

Also, aren't we in a rebuilding mode after Pat's retirement and death? Just a thought.

This is complete BS. Please name any men's coach who got fired for anything close to resembling Holly's results.

Reactions: 6 people
Also, aren't we in a rebuilding mode after Pat's retirement and death? Just a thought.

No! CHATT!

Holly was given a team with 7 McDonald's All Americans initially. Last year was the first year of HW's HC task without Pat in full tow, she had six McD AA's The present team has five. . . . That is NOT the definition of rebuilding.

However, we could be headed towards the official definition if we did continue last year's spiral.

Unless, you are saying that the staff is in a rebuilding era...then maybe yes.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back