Hey, anybody else think Holly should go?

I would not get my hopes up because, unless things really go South, Holly will be back in the saddle leading the Lady Vols for 2017-2018. I believe that if she fails, with what she has coming in, there is a chance that she could get the axe. I think in Holly's heart, she believes that she can turn this program around and I believe administration will give her a chance.

How do you begin to turn a program around when you're one of the main reasons it is faltering in the first place?

Reactions: 1 person
Holly should start looking at walk-ons on campus to play point guard. I bet we have a person going to school that is a better point guard than Reynolds or Middleton. We should find that person.

Hey now, I want partial credit for this idea. I remember saying this at least 5 games ago. :)

Holly should start looking at walk-ons on campus to play point guard. I bet we have a person going to school that is a better point guard than Reynolds or Middleton. We should find that person.

There

I believe there is a young lady on campus by the name of Tresurary Poindexter! She plays on the softball team and walked on there she is 5'6" and scored 36 points in a basketball game last year in high school! For depth purposes I would've been reached out to her, she can't be any worst than what we currently have at the PG position!

I hear what you're saying, but this is a common misperception. DD makes most of her turnovers trying too hard to get others the ball. She is also one of the few that can create her own shot, so she puts it on her back when the team needs scoring.

She leads or is close to leading the team in assists. She also rebounds, blocks, and leads in scoring.

No need to throw her under the bus. Take a closer look.

Spot on point. DD really is the opposite of a selfish player.

Reactions: 6 people
TopGun - My bad...you are right, after the NLI is signed the commit has to follow through or lose a year if they go somewhere else per NCAA. I posted based on one of the Holly believers on the Summitt, I should have know better. But I did look up the rule. There is some talk about an escape clause being introduced. But I still fear that the changes at the top will just push it aside until after Dolly screws up the first year of a number one recruiting class. :hi:

hey, Dolly's not here man...you really think it's that bad...or it's just gonna get worse...ok...fire her now...who's interim...for the rest of the year...:dunno:..:question:...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

SMDH. You guys really should try using your powers for good.

Holly's not going anywhere.

I'd like to think our fans are more like family and are above snarky put downs of our own.

Reactions: 3 people
Let me put some facts in this thread as well:

2015-16 season saw the Lady Vols set several team lows since they've been in the NCAA (1981-82 - present):

Most losses in a season (14)
Fewest wins in a season (22, tied with 1981-82, 1984-85 and 2008-09 team)
Lowest place finish in conference (7th)
Most SEC losses in a season (8)
Lowest win percentage in conference play (.500, tied with 1984-85 team)
Lowest overall win percentage (.611)

So far in 2016-17 season UT is 4-4. But don't worry, Appy St is coming up and I'm sure UT will win by 30+ so all is good!

Beating Appy is a bandaid, beating Stanford is a splint

When is Warlick going to get the fact that our offense is terrible. It is terrible against a zone because there is not enough player and ball movement, and the same is true against a man defense. Against a man we run this NBA-style weave that seems to mostly result in a Vol player going one on one and trying to score. This is not a good college offense--and yet we have been running it for years. I mean, is there anyone who really thinks HW should stay at this point?

yes, Holly should stay.

And hire me to help her .. because even I would be an improvement over Dean & company. lol

I hear what you're saying, but this is a common misperception. DD makes most of her turnovers trying too hard to get others the ball. She is also one of the few that can create her own shot, so she puts it on her back when the team needs scoring.

She leads or is close to leading the team in assists. She also rebounds, blocks, and leads in scoring.

No need to throw her under the bus. Take a closer look.

Actually that is what I am saying to a point. But her problem isn't turnovers. Her ability to create shots is why she should pass to open player instead of taking bad shots. Most skill on the team but not a team player.

Actually that is what I am saying to a point. But her problem isn't turnovers. Her ability to create shots is why she should pass to open player instead of taking bad shots. Most skill on the team but not a team player.

DD is one of those unusual "superstars" in that,

instead of making those around her better,,,,those around her have to "elevates" HER game to standard....Very unusual.

Her turnovers are mostly off of her foot dribbling, or because she gets too deep in trouble and gives up on making something happen and just throws the ball away.

Last edited:

DD does pass to open players. One of the top assist-ers on the team. BUT, I think she also needs to hunt her shot. She is one of our best scorers, but she can start out cold. DD may only end up at 40% because of early misses, but that's much better than J ReynOlds that was 1-9 last night.

Unless JR spends hours in the gym, she needs to STOP shooting and just distribute.

DD needs to stay prominent in our offense. She's not selfish. She's not a prima donna. Where she really gets in trouble is trying to prove to folks that she's not those things.

Her body has let her down and she let's that get in her head a bit. NO one cared when Candace took all the shots.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back