Heisman Trophy Watch List - Tyler Bray

if peyton manning couldn't win the Heisman, as much as i would like to see bray win it i don't think he will. the simple way to determine if he has a shot will be if Tennessee wins all their games and brays stats are great. lose one game he will not have a chance. especially if that game is the Florida game.

Note Tajh Boyd is on the list. Remember he committed to UT, but was told by Kiffin to take a hike. Meanwhile look at the rest of the class he brought in... where are they all now?

Reactions: 4 people
Bray and Hunter will both be in the running by end of season..It's going to be a very good year :)

Note Tajh Boyd is on the list. Remember he committed to UT, but was told by Kiffin to take a hike. Meanwhile look at the rest of the class he brought in... where are they all now?

1 just went to the NFL that didn't even have a college career

QB's from Arky and Mizzou have a better chance since the press hates Tennessee.

Bray will have a much better chance in his Senior year IF he stays and CP can replace D. Rogers production and then our other WR's will be more ready to make big plays too.

I still believe the heisTman is garbage and Tennessee will never have a winner if Peyton couldn't win it over a Michigan D player.

The heisTman will always be meaningless to me since that happened.

VFL...GBO!!!

The only way Bray is on that platform, IMO, is if he and Hunter stay for their senior year. A solid 9 wins this year, with competitive losses to the SEC top guns, and a trip to the Dome next year could put him in the mix. This year is just not his year, unless he throws for 4000 yards and 50 TDs or something. It would be huge if he would just shut some mouths and whip some butt, starting on the Last Saturday in August and the Third Saturday in September.

No such thing. A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss.

Oh wow! Is it not ironic the guy running this HesimanPundit site has USC Matt Barkley in the early lead for Heisman?
He also gets to vote. VolNation might as well have a Hesiman vote prediction.

Chris Huston, A.K.A. ‘The Heisman Pundit‘, is a former assistant sports information director at the University of Southern California where, among other things, he conceived and directed the successful Heisman campaigns of both Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart.

:nono: :question:

it's matt barkley's to lose. with his weapons and their schedule, it's his if he performs to his ability. don't like saying this, but he is a very good player.

Same thing was said about Andrew Luck last year

:lolabove: The funny thing is, what I posted was a logical, reasonable assertion:

lol... Logic and reason.

Let's test that.

Tyler Bray has no business being on anyone's Heisman list...

Logical Fallacy:

The Argument from Incredulity.
The Argument from Repetition

...and the vast majority of posts on this thread agree with me.

Logical Fallacies:

Argumentum ad Populum

The Argument from Appeal to Authority

Tyler Bray actually has a great shot at a Heisman mention this year. If he performs well, puts up stats and leads his team to a lot of wins, who better to get Heisman mentions than the QB that took a 5-6 team to 10 wins?

It's funny that your doom and gloom now extends to what everyone else should think... and then you call it, what was that? Logical and reasonable?

If Bray plays well enough to be a finalist, then it should be a great year for us and I will be very happy!! :rock:

It is absolutely sickening how this award has turned into, more or less, a "best QB" or "best RB" award. I know it's given to the best overall player that had the biggest impact on his team, but when a QB and/or RB is a player that has the ball in his hands on the majority of offensive plays of the game, he's got far more opportunity to make things happen. IMO, the Heisman has just lost some of its luster to me. Too hard for a defensive guy to win it, which isn't exactly fair, IMO.

When was the award something else?

VN Store

Back