Heisman Trophy Watch List - Tyler Bray

You've been on the ENTIRE internet?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He did congratulate you for sucking. Also, one does not need to poll the entire population to get a statistical likelihood of an outcome. He should have probably given you a probability of being the worst by (+)(-)3%.

Reactions: 1 person
The only way Bray is on that platform, IMO, is if he and Hunter stay for their senior year. A solid 9 wins this year, with competitive losses to the SEC top guns, and a trip to the Dome next year could put him in the mix. This year is just not his year, unless he throws for 4000 yards and 50 TDs or something. It would be huge if he would just shut some mouths and whip some butt, starting on the Last Saturday in August and the Third Saturday in September.

This.....seems like you gotta "make" the list before you "eventually" win it.

The only way Bray is on that platform, IMO, is if he and Hunter stay for their senior year. A solid 9 wins this year, with competitive losses to the SEC top guns, and a trip to the Dome next year could put him in the mix. This year is just not his year, unless he throws for 4000 yards and 50 TDs or something. It would be huge if he would just shut some mouths and whip some butt, starting on the Last Saturday in August and the Third Saturday in September.

It could happen - I don't recall seeing RG3 or Cam on any of the preseason lists so you can come out of nowhere and win it - in this case he doesn't even have to come out of nowhere being that he is already on the list

He did congratulate you for sucking. Also, one does not need to poll the entire population to get a statistical likelihood of an outcome. He should have probably given you a probability of being the worst by (+)(-)3%.

:lolabove: The funny thing is, what I posted was a logical, reasonable assertion: Tyler Bray has no business being on anyone's Heisman list and the vast majority of posts on this thread agree with me. Sounds like Ron has a bad case of the "you mad, bro?"s.

Bray's name even being mentioned makes the list garbage.

just not sure why a Vol fan would be negative about this - it is great for the program - he is projected as one of the top NFL QB's in the nation next year by multiple respected sources so it makes perfect sense he could also make a list like this

if someone had said list the top 4 QB's in the SEC noone would bat an eye to include him - well a QB usually wins it and if your one of the best in the best conference in the country you have a shot

Sure, it could happen, especially if UT has a Cinderella season, but it seems very unlikely... this year. I hope it gives Bray a reason to stay for his final year. Since Hunter probably won't be 100% this year, it would be awesome if he would stay, too. Another year with that chemistry and timing could be spectacular. No way Da'Rick sticks around.

just not sure why a Vol fan would be negative about this - it is great for the program - he is projected as one of the top NFL QB's in the nation next year by multiple respected sources so it makes perfect sense he could also make a list like this

if someone had said list the top 4 QB's in the SEC noone would bat an eye to include him - well a QB usually wins it and if your one of the best in the best conference in the country you have a shot

No problem with the attention it brings to the program, love that in fact. But I'm just incredulous to the notion that he has acheived anything remotely close to deserving of even being in the conversation. He's a nice guy, a tru VFL, and has a howitzer for an arm. But that is it to this point. He's had one good game against a CUSA team, and that's pretty much it. There are many who get uber-defensive when someone points this out, and I just don't get it. He may be the second coming of Peyton Manning this year, but there is nothing on his resume' to suggest that's likely. As always,.....jmo.

You obviously have not seen any of Fade's posts.

I've seen more than I care to remember but at the end of the day, everyone is entitled to an opinion and it doesn't have to match mine or anyone else's. As long as it is expressed with a modicum of respect then on we go. I don't ever recall Fade being disrepectful to anyone, even if he is in the darkest depths of depression over the state of our program. Winning cures lots of ills. And besides, his avatar makes me laugh every time I see it. :)

:lolabove: The funny thing is, what I posted was a logical, reasonable assertion: Tyler Bray has no business being on anyone's Heisman list and the vast majority of posts on this thread agree with me. Sounds like Ron has a bad case of the "you mad, bro?"s.

Ron's post was funny and so was your retort. I do enjoy my Volnation.

I've seen more than I care to remember but at the end of the day, everyone is entitled to an opinion and it doesn't have to match mine or anyone else's. As long as it is expressed with a modicum of respect then on we go. I don't ever recall Fade being disrepectful to anyone, even if he is in the darkest depths of depression over the state of our program. Winning cures lots of ills. And besides, his avatar makes me laugh every time I see it. :)

Thanks bro!!

you gotta be kidding me. the qb who lost played like that last year against kentucky will not be ut's first ever heisman trophy winner.

No problem with the attention it brings to the program, love that in fact. But I'm just incredulous to the notion that he has acheived anything remotely close to deserving of even being in the conversation. He's a nice guy, a tru VFL, and has a howitzer for an arm. But that is it to this point. He's had one good game against a CUSA team, and that's pretty much it. There are many who get uber-defensive when someone points this out, and I just don't get it. He may be the second coming of Peyton Manning this year, but there is nothing on his resume' to suggest that's likely. As always,.....jmo.

While I understand where your coming from on the whole "Bray hasn't proven anything" idea, you need to remember that this a WATCH list. As in, let's watch out for this guy in the future. It has very little to do with what he has accomplished and more to do with what potential he has. I don't think anyone would argue whether Bray has the potential.

Reactions: 4 people
While I understand where your coming from on the whole "Bray hasn't proven anything" idea, you need to remember that this a WATCH list. As in, let's watch out for this guy in the future. It has very little to do with what he has accomplished and more to do with what potential he has. I don't think anyone would argue whether Bray has the potential.

I can respect that...............just like I can repect a guy puttin himself with his better half as his avi :)

As much as I would like to see it, the only way Bray will bring home the Heisman is if a crystall ball comes to Knoxville. Its a stretch even if.

Agree except the stretch even if part. If TB led the Vols to a NC in 2012, he'd be a lock considering what it would take to make that happen.

Barring injury, I say Denard Robinson. Hes RG3 with some of the plays he can make. Bray, idk. My other two are Matt Barkley and Marcus Lattimore

Barring injury, I say Denard Robinson. Hes RG3 with some of the plays he can make. Bray, idk. My other two are Matt Barkley and Marcus Lattimore

Denard Robinson as a QB does not even belong in the same sentence as RG3. As an athlete yes, but not as a QB. What has Robinson done to make you think he can do anything near RG3's outing against then #5 Oklahoma (21/34 for 479 yards 4 touchdowns and 0 interceptions)? They played two top 25 teams last year Virginia Tech (9/21 for 117 yards, 2 touchdowns, and 1 interception), Nebraska (11/18 for 280 yards, 2 touchdowns, and an interception), and Michigan State (9/24 for 123 yards, 1 touchdown, and 1 interception). The two do have similar rushing statistics though, as they are both good athletes. However, at no point has Robinson shown he is anywhere near being able to make some of the throws that RG3 can make.

VN Store

Back