HBO's The Leftovers

I actually watched last night and put my hand up to not watch a couple of those stone shots. I don't know. I know its a show but peeked and looked away, then peeked again. Didn't like it. (so glad I just corrected "peaked" to it's proper spelling of "peeked" or it really would've been awkward during the stoning)
Then the rest of the show sucked again. What's the point? Are they just being idiots because they can't get over whatever happened? Did they just not go a little psycho with the ordeal? Build a new psyche hospital, throw them all in there and be done with the show.
Dammit I can't find a show to watch. I try to always have one and I haven't had one for weeks.

I agree with most of y'all about the show being slow. I think I keep watching it because I try to overanalyze it. When the GR are out in the woods searching and the guy with the fat hog in his lip shoots 2 dogs, what's with the dogs?? Also what's with the guy that has 2 dogs that are going crazy on the leash while he's talking to the police chief? Hope this show concludes after 1 season.

I agree with most of y'all about the show being slow. I think I keep watching it because I try to overanalyze it. When the GR are out in the woods searching and the guy with the fat hog in his lip shoots 2 dogs, what's with the dogs?? Also what's with the guy that has 2 dogs that are going crazy on the leash while he's talking to the police chief? Hope this show concludes after 1 season.

The dogs were all house pets that witnessed the "event". For whatever reason after that every dog that witnessed the event went back to being feral.

Ya I did as well. I kinda wish she had...woulda made it a tad more exciting.

An interesting thought about the general mood of this series...in most cases the show maintains itself just on the precipice of all out chaos.

The characters, the town, and the world are just barely holding together.

Now who wants to know what was in that 1971 National Geographic?

What was that a bear busting through the wooden door in the previews after the show?

Reactions: 1 person
Another interesting episode...it was suuupppeerrr slow to develop but I'm really digging it

Leftovers RENEWED for season 2.

I'm glad I've stuck with it. It has been slow and totally benefited from the fact that it's not right in the middle of the Fall lineups, but it has slowly built into some really interesting characters and dynamics.

Last nights episode was the best of any single episode from any show this entire summer!

Leftovers RENEWED for season 2.

I'm glad I've stuck with it. It has been slow and totally benefited from the fact that it's not right in the middle of the Fall lineups, but it has slowly built into some really interesting characters and dynamics.

Last nights episode was the best of any single episode from any show this entire summer!

You exaggerate a lot here I think.

They just turned the chief of police into Tyler Durden, the head woman of the GR just stabbed herself and they were putting what looks like dead bodies into the church probably to set it on fire and start some more drama. To add to it the daughter appears to be joining the GR all because the woman his dad is dating lied about getting rid of the gun.

They just turned the chief of police into Tyler Durden, the head woman of the GR just stabbed herself and they were putting what looks like dead bodies into the church probably to set it on fire and start some more drama. To add to it the daughter appears to be joining the GR all because the woman his dad is dating lied about getting rid of the gun.

Nope. I think people got super negative on this show too quickly. No exaggeration....perhaps it's just not how you feel about this show. Me personally I see a lot of really dynamic characters facing an unimaginable event. Being put into a society that has had something like a rapture type event occurred really is intriguing to see how people react.

I think the bodies are those replicas they make and they ordered them to match all the people in that town that disappeared. Could be wrong tho.

I agree that this show has gained some momentum over the last 2-3 episodes. I know I am really enjoying it now.

Reactions: 1 person
Nope. I think people got super negative on this show too quickly. No exaggeration....perhaps it's just not how you feel about this show. Me personally I see a lot of really dynamic characters facing an unimaginable event. Being put into a society that has had something like a rapture type event occurred really is intriguing to see how people react.

I totally get where you're coming from as I've also stuck with it since the beginning. I think the problem is that the majority of the audience was lost too early. It's definitely a show that's an acquired taste.

I think the bodies are those replicas they make and they ordered them to match all the people in that town that disappeared. Could be wrong tho.

I agree that this show has gained some momentum over the last 2-3 episodes. I know I am really enjoying it now.

Ahh, great observation I like it! I still think they do something horrible to the bodies after they reveal them though.

I'm watching this but its because I really don't have anything else to watch on TV right now. Im through episode 9 (I think) and to be honest this feels like a Lifetime tv movie without all of the man hating coupled with ideas from Lost fans. Like hey lets just have this crazy sh!t happening that actually makes zero sense and maybe if we get picked up for a second season we can explain it..or not.

Its weird but not good weird like True Detective. Just my opinion. There is this supernatural element that I feel is being woefully underdeveloped.

Oh yeah and for an HBO show there is an extreme lack of :boobies:

Thats exactly what it is. They stole the pictures to have the bodies made and have the clothes (I assume stolen) and plan on doing some sort of gotcha moment to the townspeople. I think they also realize that afterwards they are about to get pummeled by the townsfolk. The death of the cops chain smoking mute wife has already been foreshadowed.

Thats exactly what it is. They stole the pictures to have the bodies made and have the clothes (I assume stolen) and plan on doing some sort of gotcha moment to the townspeople. I think they also realize that afterwards they are about to get pummeled by the townsfolk. The death of the cops chain smoking mute wife has already been foreshadowed.

That's a real problem now that his daughter has joined up with them. He could wind up with them both dead. He should have just arrested his wife for some fake charge to get her out of danger and then called the FBI guy that "gets rid" of the cult.

This is a long shot but is anyone still watching?

Two episodes into the second season and I was hopeful until the dead GR woman showed up.

i have been getting caught back up on this. it's getting better. i'm about 2 episodes away from being caught back up. the dead woman is exactly what his dad was referring to when he said he heard "voices" i'm thinking. i'll give it to the end of this season at least...

This show is out there but I look forward to it every week. Last show really had me lost till last second and now I can't wait to see what happens next. Kevin has had a rough way to go but maybe he is finally rid of Patti but who the hell knows

VN Store

Back