Have Mercy...but What If the Unspeakable Happens...?

I think we all know the game in the Swamp will be a blowout in the Gators' favor. BYU is a tossup. I'm not sure UT even beats Chattanooga. Could be looking at 0-fer-12 this season.

[QUOTE="BOB in GA, post: 17118139, member: 71416
So...WHAT IF we lose to BYU (surely not), lose to Chattanooga (Lord have mercy), and then get destroyed by Florida in the Swamp? Does anyone at all survive with an 0-4 start, and we’re suddenly facing the distinct previously unspeakable possibility of going completely, 100% winless in 2019?
[/QUOTE]

If that happens the sky will fall down, we will all surely die and nobody will be left to give two flips. Problem solved.

That’s what concerns me. Minnesota was a football powerhouse at one time, claiming 7 national titles (according to Bleacher Report) and they’re pretty much irrelevant now, along with Syracuse, who with 699 all-time victories have more total wins than Texas A&M, Florida, Clemson and Virginia Tech (Bleacher Report again). It just appears that it’s very difficult for any team to climb out of a deep, deep hole when all of your rivals are getting the top tier talent every year, and we’re changing coaches every two or three years. The BYU game has to be considered a “must win” to keep the sky from falling, IMHO.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
We all have it now man. You can't be a fan of this team for as long as most of us have without being at the brink of insanity.
And there is no logical explanation. It's unprecedented. What's happened to UCLA is the closest thing I can imagine. But I'm not sure that even fits. According to 24/7 we still have top 15 talent. If my name was Van Gogh I'd cut off my ear.

I don’t post much, and have seldom, if ever created a thread, but then again I’ve never seen my beloved Vols where they are right now. Let it be clearly stated that I BELIEVE we will win this Saturday, but then again I absolutely thought we would have won last Saturday with no problems.

So...WHAT IF we lose to BYU (surely not), lose to Chattanooga (Lord have mercy), and then get destroyed by Florida in the Swamp? Does anyone at all survive with an 0-4 start, and we’re suddenly facing the distinct previously unspeakable possibility of going completely, 100% winless in 2019?

*BTW, I hate the negative tone of my own post, and it’s not my nature to think this way...but after last week maybe it bears discussion...

Imagine the creativity of J Murphy’s tweets if all that happens.

Reactions: saxvol
We're not getting beat by Chattanooga. Chatt is an FCS squad; Georgia State is much, much better.

Worst case scenario is 1-3. Which is still pretty horrible, when you consider this is one of the easiest parts of our schedule.

If we lose to Chattanooga, Pruitt will be fired within 24 hours....
I wish I was that confident of getting that kind of resolution that quickly. I just don’t believe that to be the case as much as I want it to be true. They think they can pawn this product off on us, and we’ll just keep asking for more. Looking at many of the supporters on these boards I can only conclude that they’re right.

Nope....the finances are against us. He’s likely here through 2020. But the coaching search should be legen-wait for it-dary.

Reactions: CJBlaze
The sun will come out tomorrow. It's not the end of the world. Just maybe the end of UT Football. We don't have to watch football. There's other things we could be doing that's more productive. We can still spend time with friends and family and grill out and drink without having to have a football game on.

I don’t post much, and have seldom, if ever created a thread, but then again I’ve never seen my beloved Vols where they are right now. Let it be clearly stated that I BELIEVE we will win this Saturday, but then again I absolutely thought we would have won last Saturday with no problems.

*BTW, I hate the negative tone of my own post, and it’s not my nature to think this way...but after last week maybe it bears discussion...
That's not going to happen...

Actually the tone seems to be the norm for all 33 of your posts. Click on the name and read the 33 messages you have posted. There is a very common theme to all of them. Maybe being a "fan" just isnt healthy

I wish I was that confident of getting that kind of resolution that quickly. I just don’t believe that to be the case as much as I want it to be true. They think they can pawn this product off on us, and we’ll just keep asking for more. Looking at many of the supporters on these boards I can only conclude that they’re right.

Nope....the finances are against us. He’s likely here through 2020. But the coaching search should be legen-wait for it-dary.

If this thing tanks, he's gone this year. Fulmer's mouthpiece Doug Matthews is on the radio blasting the coaching staff. Matthews isn't saying anything that Fulmer doesn't think....

Is it REALLY unthinkable to suggest we lose to BYU? This is a 50/50 game at best.
I think the BYU game is a slippery slope scenario. If last week was an outlier and we win Saturday, especially convincingly, it can help right the ship and we could be OK (by today’s diminished VOL standards of 5,6,7 wins). If we look like last week and lose, I think we have the very real possibility of slipping into the dreaded pit of misery where any and every bad thing can happen. I’m hoping for a different Bug Orange Team this Saturday...

Dear Bob, I only hope you don't have to deal with what I do here in Georgia.

Sincerely,
Joevol33

If that's what it takes.

If this thing tanks, he's gone this year. Fulmer's mouthpiece Doug Matthews is on the radio blasting the coaching staff. Matthews isn't saying anything that Fulmer doesn't think....
I heard it. Again, the only thing keeping me from agreeing is the financial situation. I’m done believing we have people willing to pony up the buyout, and new coach money. If we did, it would have happened two hires ago and we wouldn’t be here now.

I hope you are right....I’ve thought he was a bad hire from the get-go. But UTAD doesn’t pull the ripcord that way.

Reactions: tbh and BOB in GA
It is possible...After watching last weeks disaster I only have them winning 2 games.....Chattanooga and UAB...The rest will be brutal beatings unlike anything we have ever seen at Tennessee.
UAB is a very good and well coached team they will beat us and handily it we don’t do a 360 from the Georgia st. game

VN Store

Back