Have Mercy...but What If the Unspeakable Happens...?

BOB in GA

Big Orange Born
I don’t post much, and have seldom, if ever created a thread, but then again I’ve never seen my beloved Vols where they are right now. Let it be clearly stated that I BELIEVE we will win this Saturday, but then again I absolutely thought we would have won last Saturday with no problems.

So...WHAT IF we lose to BYU (surely not), lose to Chattanooga (Lord have mercy), and then get destroyed by Florida in the Swamp? Does anyone at all survive with an 0-4 start, and we’re suddenly facing the distinct previously unspeakable possibility of going completely, 100% winless in 2019?

*BTW, I hate the negative tone of my own post, and it’s not my nature to think this way...but after last week maybe it bears discussion...

All of your scenarios have a high chance of happening..0-4.

What happens? Tennessee goes winless and Pruitt goes bye bye and the program is officially dead. It will continue to be a fetid corpse in a ditch until someone finds a way to work some magic to resurrect it.

I'd expect Pruitt's dad to come to Knoxville, march him into Fulmer's office, and make him resign for ruining his good name.
I’m old enough to remember when the President (Nixon) just said “F it, I’m outa here” and flew away on a helicopter. I suppose anything could happen.

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
At this point, I think it’s a real possibility.

That said, I hope it isn’t because I have zero faith in the administration to not bungle the next hire. Another coaching search, especially the way we do coaching searches, would be the final nail in the coffin....we are on life support as is

Reactions: BOB in GA

VN Store

Back