Have Mercy...but What If the Unspeakable Happens...?

Nope....he’s never coming. But coaching searches sure beat the football around here these days.

But you go ahead and beat that dead horse buddy. You brought him up, not me.

Coaching searches are no different than you showing up for them. Rinse. Repeat.

I wouldn't have brought it up if you'd stayed gone like you made such a big deal about being done and letting everyone know you were gonna be when Pruitt was hired.

Me beating a dead horse, that's rich coming from you. But, Ive just started.

Look forward to seeing you around now that you're back.

Coaching searches are no different than you showing up for them. Rinse. Repeat.

I wouldn't have brought it up if you'd stayed gone like you made such a big deal about being done and letting everyone know you were gonna be when Pruitt was hired.

Me beating a dead horse, that's rich coming from you. But, Ive just started.

Look forward to seeing you around now that you're back.
I sat out an entire season give Pruitt a chance.

I’m truly sorry my returning triggers you enough to call me out. But if trolling is what you need to do, knock yourself out.

You have a blessed day.

I sat out an entire season give Pruitt a chance.

I’m truly sorry my returning triggers you enough to call me out. But if trolling is what you need to do, knock yourself out.

You have a blessed day.

I'm glad you're back, that's what "look forward to seeing you around" means.

This type of thinking is why we are in the situation we are in now. It costs more to hire cheap no good coaches (and replace them with more cheap no good coaches) than it does hiring competent coaches on the front end. We have proven this with 4 straight bargain bin hires. Regarding the $$$$, if we hired the right coach, money wouldn't be an object (see Alabama with Saban, UGA with Kirby, UF with Mullen, etc.) The UTAD generates over $100M in revenues annually with a crap football program and any buyouts would be paid over 48 months (if after this season). The lost revenue next year from bringing back a 4-8 Pruitt next season would far exceed the amount of the buyout payments we would make to him in 2020.

This simply isn't true. Just last year, the UTAD operated at a 6.5 million dollar loss, thanks in large part to huge buyouts to Butch and his staff and John Curry. Firing Pruitt would make that even higher. Plus the contract of the "right coach" whoever that may be. It simply isn't feasible for any program to be run this way. That's why some schools have over $20 million in DEBT and are terribly run.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Imo we come and curbstomp BYU that's my gut feeling but I will say this if we come out and lose to them in the same fashion we lost to GSU then by all means he's lost the team and I'm open to a new coach. My question for y'all is would you comfortable with having Chaney or Tee as head coach cuz honestly don't see anyone else coming here unless we actually fork out big money this time around.

This simply isn't true. Just last year, the UTAD operated at a 6.5 million dollar loss, thanks in large part to huge buyouts to Butch and his staff and John Curry. Firing Pruitt would make that even higher. Plus the contract of the "right coach" whoever that may be. It simply isn't feasible for any program to be run this way. That's why some schools have over $20 million in DEBT and are terribly run.
The only scenario I see is where an AD goes to his biggest supporters in the donor community and ask for a onetime payment of 20-30 million and pay off any and all buyouts on the books. You rework the deals via arbitration with fired coaches that they can get the money now but taking any job would mean paying back the money within 12 months of their new job.

You then go out and find a new coach basically operating with zero debt.

In our case, I assume Beer sales starting will eat into that operating loss.

Reactions: Carp
I really think it would all be over before the Florida game started.

They would have to do something (even if they shouldn’t or even if they “should” give more time) because I think possibly the entire city of Knoxville would be burned to the ground.

All of your scenarios have a high chance of happening..0-4.

What happens? Tennessee goes winless and Pruitt goes bye bye and the program is officially dead. It will continue to be a fetid corpse in a ditch until someone finds a way to work some magic to resurrect it.
Should the team go 0-12 the school should shut it down for awhile and maybe try again in a few years...if changes aren’t made it’s posduble this could be the worst season in history....

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
All of your scenarios have a high chance of happening..0-4.

What happens? Tennessee goes winless and Pruitt goes bye bye and the program is officially dead. It will continue to be a fetid corpse in a ditch until someone finds a way to work some magic to resurrect it.
" Fetid Corpse" what an accurate description my friend. Kudos to you.

Should the team go 0-12 the school should shut it down for awhile and maybe try again in a few years...if changes aren’t made it’s posduble this could be the worst season in history....
Even if Tennessee goes 0-12 the football program would never be shut down because there's too much money in it.

How can we spend all the money we have spent since the devil's spawn ( aka Lane Kiffin) was here and still manage to be a joke in college FB? What happened to the law of averages? One should be able to pick a coach at random after 3 tries and have a decent one.

How can we spend all the money we have spent since the devil's spawn ( aka Lane Kiffin) was here and still manage to be a joke in college FB? What happened to the law of averages? One should be able to pick a coach at random after 3 tries and have a decent one.
Look at the jackasses they chose. Dooley? His daddy was a coach, he trained to be a lawyer. Butch Jones? He followed the future coach of Notre Dame around to 2 different schools. Now we have a guy that can't conjugate a coherent sentence. You get what you pay for and also ask for.

I’m old enough to remember when the President (Nixon) just said “F it, I’m outa here” and flew away on a helicopter. I suppose anything could happen.
I wasn't even alive at the time, and perhaps it's my complete ignorance, but when impeached what other option did he have?

I wasn't even alive at the time, and perhaps it's my complete ignorance, but when impeached what other option did he have?
Oh nooo, he bailed out before he could be impeached. He knew it was coming, and so spared himself (and to a certain extent, the country) from the misery of an impeachment process.

I don’t post much, and have seldom, if ever created a thread, but then again I’ve never seen my beloved Vols where they are right now. Let it be clearly stated that I BELIEVE we will win this Saturday, but then again I absolutely thought we would have won last Saturday with no problems.

So...WHAT IF we lose to BYU (surely not), lose to Chattanooga (Lord have mercy), and then get destroyed by Florida in the Swamp? Does anyone at all survive with an 0-4 start, and we’re suddenly facing the distinct previously unspeakable possibility of going completely, 100% winless in 2019?

*BTW, I hate the negative tone of my own post, and it’s not my nature to think this way...but after last week maybe it bears discussion...

What if we start 0-8 and finish 4-0?

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back