Has Schiano Been a Contender for ANY Vacancy, Other Than UT?

Schiat-no.

DQtZuUHV4AAHyMs

First JJ commits then I see this I should just go back to bed cause there is no way my day can get better.

Reactions: 1 person
Jimmy Haslam denied any involvement in the UT coaching search, for some reason i don't believe him.

He is right, he tried to force his guy, then currie was scrambling to hire someone throwing out offers that the admins wouldnt agree to. At that point Haslam had lost influence and currie was replaced by someone that isn't a Haslam yes man, that is when the actual "search" began, and it was done how it should have to begin with. Fulmer interview multiple candidates and decided on the one with the best vision and passion to bring Tennessee back to where it should be.

TL/DR; the actual search didnt start until fulmer was in place, so no he wasnt invovled in that.

Reactions: 4 people
I think we need to be careful celebrating too soon. The fact is Schiano could argue that our reaction to the hire is the reason he hasn't been offered another job. Curry is no longer employed with us and in fact would likely support Schiano in any defamation suit against UT. I'm afraid we haven't heard the end of the story on that signed MOU and the best thing that could happen for UT would be Schiano getting offered a HC job.

I think we need to be careful celebrating too soon. The fact is Schiano could argue that our reaction to the hire is the reason he hasn't been offered another job. Curry is no longer employed with us and in fact would likely support Schiano in any defamation suit against UT. I'm afraid we haven't heard the end of the story on that signed MOU and the best thing that could happen for UT would be Schiano getting offered a HC job.

Who is he going to name in his defamation? All the fans that protested? No UT representative had anything to do with that. I don’t believe that argument would hold any water.

Reactions: 3 people

Let him sue. BD, Haslam, and Currie will be exposed. One's gone, one needs to be , and one just needs to STFU and write checks.

There's a reason an MOU is called an MOU and not a contract. Basically and at a lay level it's the rules the participants will engage in precontract. If and we have every reason to believe the MOU requires various signatures to be in place before operational and the signatures are not there, you not only have no contract, you do not even have a valid MOU. Legal folks will spin intent and all kinds of stuff, but end of day, a jury in East Tennessee doesn't give a guy like Schiano and his legal team jack squat. If UT gives the guy a dime, it's a dime to much IMO, tell 'em to take a hike. If you have bunch of lazy lawyers representing you IMO, they'll tell you it's easier and cheaper to settle for $50K or $100K and move on, which is what I suspect will occur, seeing some of our past contracts and MOUs.

Reactions: 2 people

At this point, and I hate to say this, but I believe Hell will freeze over before SchiaNO gets a HC job.

Currie is still employed by UT.

Schiano can’t get an HC job right now, or until a University does extensive legal due diligence on potential repercussions that might come forward, based on the deposition and sworn testimony in question being made public.

It’s a sad situation all the way around.

TN fans ruined his chances for a while now. He could have easily went to a university that isn’t as hungry for a championship like TN. I don’t care we ruined his chances though. I am happy it worked out.

Memorandum of Understanding is an agreement of the terms to go in an employment contract. It's not an employment contract. Currie is employed by UT and is suspended probably until UT is able to see a clear path to firing for cause or a greatly reduced settlement that allows Currie to walk away. Currie was too damn stupid and/or arrogant to believe his coaching choice and dictatorial philosophy would fly after the last ten years of football disaster.

Reactions: 2 people

pure lunacy....

Why don't Haslam hire Schiano to be a coach on the Browns, if he like him that much.

That would be stupid when they already have a proven winner with Hugh Jackson. You don’t hire Saban when you already have Belichick.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back