Hart To Interview Gundy Sunday

I'm with you, gained a lot of respect for him after that.

He just got a new contract in Jan. he makes 3.75 million with a 3 million buyout. He and TBoone got sideways over him interviewing with a&m last year. I would say the oil man is pretty pissed about now.

While OSU does not play the best defense in the country, they are not near as bad as we were this year. I think they rank 30th in the country in total D. Most feel Stanford plays good defense and OSU took them out last year. They beat OU last year 44-10. They beat an RG3 baylor team by 35.

IMO, he would transition to the SEC just fine.

Sorry for the delayed response was out with the family today and was just getting back now. I completely agree with you on this one and I'd love to have this guy. I just know the overall feel I get from the Tennessee fanbase is they tend to be a bit more traditional in style and this guy is hardly that, and I wonder how patient they will be if he hits some bumpy roads along the way.

There isn't a defense out there that was as bad as ours this year, and I was not referencing that. I just think he'd be much better if he brought in a very high profile DC is all.

Just saw this on GoVolsXtra:

Gundy is 66-35 at OSU since replacing Les Miles after the 2004 season. The Cowboys are 7-5 this year after going 12-1 and winning the Fiesta Bowl in 2011.

Gundy signed a new deal in January that pays an average of $3.75 annually through 2019. Any team that hires him would owe Oklahoma State a $3 million buyout. He just put the finishing touches on a giant home in Stillwater, which was in the news

last year when he allegedly fired a contractor for wearing an Oklahoma T-shirt.

So why is he looking around?

Some have speculated that he has a contentious relationship with OSU athletic director Mike Holder that manifested in last year's contract showdown.

Leaks from Gundy's camp suggested OSU wasn't being loyal to him because it had given a 10-year contract to men's basketball coach Travis Ford, according to a report last year in The Oklahoman. Throw Gundy's Memphis-based mega-agent Jimmy Sexton into the mix, and there may be hurt feelings that weren't soothed even after Gundy agreed to the new contract in January.

Gundy is 66-35 at OSU since replacing Les Miles after the 2004 season. The Cowboys are 7-5 this year after going 12-1 and winning the Fiesta Bowl in 2011.

Gundy signed a new deal in January that pays an average of $3.75 annually through 2019. Any team that hires him would owe Oklahoma State a $3 million buyout. He just put the finishing touches on a giant home in Stillwater, which was in the news

Some have speculated that he has a contentious relationship with OSU athletic director Mike Holder that manifested in last year's contract showdown.

Leaks from Gundy's camp suggested OSU wasn't being loyal to him because it had given a 10-year contract to men's basketball coach Travis Ford, according to a report last year in The Oklahoman. Throw Gundy's Memphis-based mega-agent Jimmy Sexton into the mix, and there may be hurt feelings that weren't soothed even after Gundy agreed to the new contract in January.

Was leaning to Gundy b/4 this.

One thing to note is 600,000.00 of his yearly salary he does not get until the end of the 7 year deal. It is a lump sum payment if he stays for the whole contract. 4 million a year looks better against 3.1 than it does against 3.7. People in Stillwater are nervous to say the least. They do think IF Gundy takes another job, Bill Young their current DC would be hired as HC. I for one would be all for it. I would rather not have OSU's defense here at Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
He just got a raise last year and went 7-5 this season. He is not using the interview to get a raise. He might be using it to get some other things he is asking for but not a raise. I doubt we see any new contract for him after this interview.

He just got a raise last year and went 7-5 this season. He is not using the interview to get a raise. He might be using it to get some other things he is asking for but not a raise. I doubt we see any new contract for him after this interview.

+1

There is no way he could use this season to get a raise. The interview may be something Sexton is having him do to send a message to the AD like you mentioned. Sexton may also have him thinking he could get alot more in the SEC. Will be interesting to see how it plays out for sure.

VN Store

Back