Hart To Interview Gundy Sunday

why...his salary at espn is just 2 and he's got zero experience in the college environment. I dont think he wants to coach anywhere. The Tampa title was from the house Dungy built. Think he's a micro manager like Dooley and we see his results.

True but Dungy did not win with those players and he was playing against Oakland in that S.B. a team that he did build

Interesting timeline:

Hart rumored to be in Oklahoma on Thursday. Liper (VN poster) receives text the Gruden deal is dead about the time that WREG in Memphis says the same thing. Then, the Chattanooga newspaper runs its story. Now, Hart's talking to Gundy today. Recall that over the past few weeks, Basilio said that it seemed that the AD and Boosters had different searches and that Gruden was not Hart's #1 guy, before saying that Hart would narrow the list to three guys and then take the list to the boosters. Perhaps Gundy has always been Hart's top target.

One reason Gundy might consider jumping is the season he had last year when he was passed over for an SEC that didn't even win its division.

One reason Gundy might consider jumping is the season he had last year when he was passed over for an SEC that didn't even win its division.

That could be for any coach in a non-SEC conference. Same was said frustrated Fisher.

Ah ok, did not know that, was browsing threw some of OK. St.'s forums etc. and looking for info on the situation and found that.

He has a good record but man i just cant get past that media outburst of his.

mike-gundy-i-m-40-o.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Ya been reading that he and his AD are at outs with each other over various things, looking like Gundy is wanting out of there....

I understand what you are saying but Gundy lost Wheeden and Blackmon among others to the draft.

He lost 3 of those 5 games by a TD or less, another one by 2 TD to conference champs K ST. The only outlier was AZ.

I know this is the same argument that Dooley supporters used(we were this close to winning X number of games) but the key difference is that Gundy has 2011 to point to as a ceiling.

Does OK ST let him walk in what was essentially a rebuilding year for them?

I don't think you can apply common business logic to college football. It has become a nuclear arms race where everyone is escalating their stockpile.

Gundy is my number 6 choice. That is about as realistic as we can be. Beggars can't be chooser (see Dooley)

Is it really realistic to think a guy will leave his alma mater, who is a very successful program for us?

VN Store

Back