Hart To Interview Gundy Sunday

Yes he did. His contract runs through 2019. He has a 3 million dollar buyout. He did choose to interview though and that in itself gives me hope he is actually interested in coaching in the SEC. Most guys would not jockey for a raise(interviewing for other jobs) after a 7-5 season where you went 11-1 the year before and almost doubled your salary. JMO

What's he making at OSU?

He is making 3+ at OSU. No way he leaves to come here. The only hope is that he is down on being in the Big 12 after getting left out last year.

What's he making at OSU?

3.7 a year total. 600 grand a year of that he does not get as it is lumped into a final payout at the end of the deal if he stays fort he entire contract. His buyout is 3 million. If he is fired he gets 75% of the contract. If he is fired with cause, he gets 1 months pay.

I just don't think a coach who went 11-1 last year would interview for another job after going 7-5 this year unless he was looking for a change of scenery. He went from 1.9 last year to 3.7 this year. Something does not add up in Stillwater. JMO

Does anyone happen to know how old Gundy is? Also, if you could let me know his gender....that would be sweet!

He would definitely have to bring in a high caliber DC (Chavis if a man can dream) or he will get run out of town. Ya'll need to face it. You guys would go crazy with a high powered offense with a porous defense. It wouldn't be 2012 bad, but it would still drive you guys nuts. Not only that, but does he have a prolific ground presence? That's the other thing.

I think he could win and win big here if he had a lock at DC, but I think his style would make these boards nigh unreadable, especially after any losses.

Does anyone happen to know how old Gundy is? Also, if you could let me know his gender....that would be sweet!
He's about 40 or so and it is reported he's a man. Not the man, but A man nonetheless.

He would definitely have to bring in a high caliber DC (Chavis if a man can dream) or he will get run out of town. Ya'll need to face it. You guys would go crazy with a high powered offense with a porous defense. It wouldn't be 2012 bad, but it would still drive you guys nuts. Not only that, but does he have a prolific ground presence? That's the other thing.

I think he could win and win big here if he had a lock at DC, but I think his style would make these boards nigh unreadable, especially after any losses.

While OSU does not play the best defense in the country, they are not near as bad as we were this year. I think they rank 30th in the country in total D. Most feel Stanford plays good defense and OSU took them out last year. They beat OU last year 44-10. They beat an RG3 baylor team by 35.

IMO, he would transition to the SEC just fine.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee scored plenty of points this year. That hasn't been the issue. And that part lines up with Gundy and the Big 12 also.

But, what also lines up with them is no defense or minimal defense and utter shootouts with other high powered teams.

Big 12 football doesn't work on SEC teams. Every now and then with certain matchups sure. But to sustain and build an SEC program where offensive shootouts are preferred over defense (which seems to be the midset there), I don't see any current Big12 coach as an option---mainly because of that.

I guess Texas A&M didn't workout to well in the SEC this year did they....?

So is this true or freaking not? I'm sick of this crap bein posted if it ain't true.

I have looked at 3 other OSU boards/sites and all 3 say Gundy IS interviewing with Tennessee. Alot of the fans say if he is, don't let the door hit him on the way out. I honestly think he is unhappy and looking for a change. "He just signed a new deal". Happens all the time. It's not like they offer you a deal and you tell them, "Naw, my current deal is fine".

He may not end up at UT, but I think he is looking for something else.

I don't want an offensive guy plus Gundy was lackluster this year. Lastly I think he'd cost a ton. If we are going out west I would rather have Patterson.

Reactions: 1 person
I guess Texas A&M didn't workout to well in the SEC this year did they....?

They've had two years to make the transition and they are obviously doing well with that transition. They are not a Big XII team that decided overnight to go play in the SEC.

Not the same.

I don't want an offensive guy plus Gundy was lackluster this year. Lastly I think he'd cost a ton. If we are going out west I would rather have Patterson.

They are one year removed from a big 12 title and bcs bowl. They lost a lot off last years team

Saw over at the 247 Forum/Rumors that it's Fisher, Jones and Gundy on the top of the list.

Agree it wil cost a pretty penny. Gundy makes almost a million more than Strong and I'm sure we can get in a bidding war far easier with Louisville than OSU. I'll say it again; that conference OSU is in along with dealing with Stoops & Oklahoma in state is a tough gig. The SEC overall is tougher but one stands a better chance in a divison with 7 Teams than 10 Teams.

In our current position, I think Patterson makes the most sense. We have a good offense, we need alot of help on defense. I do think with Patterson, we would not be keeping current staff. His guys have been with him a long time. He also is set up pretty well at TCU. He would be a very tough pull where as Gundy seems bored.

Any of these type of guys would cost a ton. Tennessee should be paying a ton for a coach. If we should have learned anything it is that going on the cheap is not always the best idea.

We seemed to be ready to make Gruden and company the highest paid group in college football. I am not sure Gundy/Patterson would not be hires you consider the same for.

Lastly, I would be cautious in freaking out about a coach just yet. Decemeber 15-17th may bring a very big surprise. Let's just see how things play out.

Saw over at the 247 Forum/Rumors that it's Fisher, Jones and Gundy on the top of the list.

Agree it wil cost a pretty penny. Gundy makes almost a million more than Strong and I'm sure we can get in a bidding war far easier with Louisville than OSU. I'll say it again; that conference OSU is in along with dealing with Stoops & Oklahoma in state is a tough gig. The SEC overall is tougher but one stands a better chance in a divison with 7 Teams than 10 Teams.

Gundy makes almost 2 million more than Strong. I think our top number for Strong should be 3 million a no more. Gundy would be almost a 5 million a year type of hire.

Most likely trying to get a little more cash out of T Boone's pocket (and who can blame him?), but maybe this can quell the "Dave Hart sucks" posts full of idiocy for an hour.

Also, per OSU fans, Gundy and the OSU AD are having some disagreements on several issues. Don't know if he's leaving for Tennessee, but I don't think he's staying at OSU much longer.

Last edited:
Did all-knowing Hubbs list Gundy as a top candidate last week?

Just wondering.

VN Store

Back