Hart To Interview Gundy Sunday

Agreed, I am doing the same thing in my personal life! You morons just feed the cause

Gundy coached teams score a lot of points, with not a whole lot of talent. As I am sure you must know that the team that scores the most points wins. Gundy can win at Okie St, which again, is harder to pull talent there, then would be at UT. If he is allowed to pay money for a top DC, UT will win a lot of games.

Tennessee scored plenty of points this year. That hasn't been the issue. And that part lines up with Gundy and the Big 12 also.

But, what also lines up with them is no defense or minimal defense and utter shootouts with other high powered teams.

Big 12 football doesn't work on SEC teams. Every now and then with certain matchups sure. But to sustain and build an SEC program where offensive shootouts are preferred over defense (which seems to be the midset there), I don't see any current Big12 coach as an option---mainly because of that.

Reactions: 1 person
He is certainly not worth what it would take to get him. Gundy makes almost 4 mil a year right now. Tenn would have to offer him Saban money to get him and by the way he is no Saban.

I would rather, go after someone like a Strong, Franklin, or even a Gus Malzahn and pay about 3.5 mil and have an extra 2 mil to pay great Assist coaches.

Reactions: 2 people
According to AP news article the OSU AD says that Hart hasnt contacted him to speak with Gundy.

Would be better off with Strong, Franklin or Fisher. Hands down.

Youngish, fiery, and wins(besides this year) in a big time conference. I'd put jones up there if you're putting strong up there.. Jones has a better resume imo

Reactions: 1 person
Gundy is not going to leave his Alma Mater and T. Boone Pickens can buy the entire Haslam empire along with every booster we have easily.

Pickens wealth > Haslam wealth by a mile!

Per Forbes magazine as of September 2012:

T Boone Picken's Net Worth: $1.2 B

Jimmy Haslam's Net Worth: $1.2 B

Seems T Boone doesn't have the biggest swinging d**k.

Let the bidding war begin!!!

The Richest People in America List- Forbes

Last edited:
I think IMHO the only thing that comes from this is Gundy getting more money at OKST and staying. I still think it will be Jimbo or Strong and most likely Strong.

Reactions: 3 people
Ok st reported that no one from ut asked them permission to speak to gundy? Rumor only

I was full Gruden, but Gundy is the 1 other guy that I would be very happy with...think he would do a great job, just don't believe he would leave OK. St. We are being used as a leverage job by all these agents...

Youngish, fiery, and wins(besides this year) in a big time conference. I'd put jones up there if you're putting strong up there.. Jones has a better resume imo

Because of all that, he is worth a substantially greater investment!!!

didn't he just agree to an 8 year extension Jan. 8th of 2012???? read it, but not sure how accurate

didn't he just agree to an 8 year extension Jan. 8th of 2012???? read it, but not sure how accurate

Yes he did. His contract runs through 2019. He has a 3 million dollar buyout. He did choose to interview though and that in itself gives me hope he is actually interested in coaching in the SEC. Most guys would not jockey for a raise(interviewing for other jobs) after a 7-5 season where you went 11-1 the year before and almost doubled your salary. JMO

Gundy is not going to leave his Alma Mater and T. Boone Pickens can buy the entire Haslam empire along with every booster we have easily.

Pickens wealth > Haslam wealth by a mile!

Um, irrelevant...by a mile. Regardless of which has more billions, they both have the amount of money it costs to pay a college football coach. Do you think they're going to battle each other to such a level of epic proportions that the outcome is Mike Gundy making $650,0000,000 a year because two billionaire moguls got in a dick measuring contest where one walks away, kicking an empty coffee can with his pockets pulled inside out? THINK!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back