Harrison Bailey: Is he benefitting from exceptional talent around him? Or is he the real deal?

I don’t follow recruiting as much as many of the folks on here.

I saw a fan of another school on Reddit’s CFB forum say that Harrison Bailey isn’t as good as advertised and that he has benefitted from D1 talent playing with him.

I looked into it and was disappointed to find out well over half his offensive production was to two main targets: one being a 6’5 250 lb 5* tight end recruit going to LSU. The other WR was committed to Michigan State.

I haven’t watched any film or anything.

Should we be worried?
He’s already got one of his main targets enrolled from the last years team. R. Keyton who is beginning to make a few plays and Tennessee.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
After watching our WR bail out our QB all season. Its a legit question. Volnation needs an attitude check

Not really. There are major differences. JG was bailed out of a lot 50/50 balls and still put up less than average numbers. I get that a great WR team can inflate a QB a bit. But not to the point of the numbers HB put up during his career. He’s definitely been the real deal. I just hope it translates well when he gets here.

Not really. There are major differences. JG was bailed out of a lot 50/50 balls and still put up less than average numbers. I get that a great WR team can inflate a QB a bit. But not to the point of the numbers HB put up during his career. He’s definitely been the real deal. I just hope it translates well when he gets here.
Well he clearly stated he didnt see his film...had he seen that..he would have seen what I did...HB will be a beast. Just a matter of when

I saw a fan of another school on Reddit’s CFB forum say that Harrison Bailey isn’t as good as advertised and that he has benefitted from D1 talent playing with him.

I looked into it and was disappointed to find out well over half his offensive production was to two main targets: one being a 6’5 250 lb 5* tight end recruit going to LSU. The other WR was committed to Michigan State.

Should we be worried?

I'm not trying being a smart ass when I say this but go watch some video of HB and you can see for yourself. Sure a QB will benefit with talented receivers but it goes the other way too. I don't know how well HB is going to perform here, but he does have skills. From what I've seen, he's got good touch, is accurate, and seems to be a bright kid.

Pruitt told you this? If he’s as good as advertised there’s a good chance he starts. If he hadn’t early enrolled I would be skeptical. But he did. He doesn’t have to show out to beat out what we currently have. Our less than average QB play is why there’s a decent chance he does start. If the kid has the talent, the redshirt doesn’t make sense.

Should we be worried?

There was a link a month or so back with the state title game.

He definitely benefits from superb talent on his team. Not saying he isnt going to be good but a ton of his yards came from throwing very short passes that his wrs turned i to big gains.

Should we be worried?

Wasn't well over half of Peyton Mannings production to Kent and Nash? Generally almost all a QB's production is to 3-4 receivers, or 5 at the most, so it shouldn't be at all surprising that over half is to the top two.

Furthermore, believe it or not, we have D1 receivers at UT (wink wink).

Reactions: EastTNVol6240
Wouldn't your point bolster him as a player? If I'm an opposing coach and I know that most of the offense is dispersed between two players, I'm going to do everything I can to stop said players. If I still cannot stop them, then the QB is making it so I cannot. I don't follow high school a lot, but I don't feel like quarterbacks have six targets they consistently throwing to equally.

Wasn't well over half of Peyton Mannings production to Kent and Nash? Generally almost all a QB's production is to 3-4 receivers, or 5 at the most, so it shouldn't be at all surprising that over half is to the top two.

Furthermore, believe it or not, we have D1 receivers at UT (wink wink).

Right but at the high school level, if you’ve got the #1 tight end in the country to throw to, it’s going to make you a much better QB. It’s definitely relevant. And that is exactly the case. Does it mean Harrison Bailey is going to be a bust? No. But it definitely makes you wonder if the hype is justified as we are expecting a Trevor Lawrence type of Qb.

Right but at the high school level, if you’ve got the #1 tight end in the country to throw to, it’s going to make you a much better QB. It’s definitely relevant. And that is exactly the case. Does it mean Harrison Bailey is going to be a bust? No. But it definitely makes you wonder if the hype is justified as we are expecting a Trevor Lawrence type of Qb.

Most of these top touted QBs have D1 talent to throw to. They’re playing in the best high school conferences is the US. Which also means they’re playing against some D1 talent defense as well. Sure a few studs help your case. But you don't accomplish what he has just because of what’s around you.

Should we be worried?

Yes we should be very worried that TN is bringing in arguably the best QB in 2020.

It may assuage your nervousness some OP to know one of our WRs was a senior whern HB was a junior at Marietta High. That linkage is already in place. HB is the real deal, I saw a couple of his games last year as well as this one. We had Callaway and Jennings who were great WRs and should have drawn mnore national attention were it not for the fact we had marginal QB play. If HB his junior and senior years has played with and placed 3 WRs into P5 schools, the common point is him not them. Think about it, it'll come to you.

I watched them play several times. HB can straight thread a needle.
I seen him play 4 or 5 times and the kid is the real deal, but he can;t just take over from day 1 like most freshmen he will need year 1 to get ready for the 21 season i remember when Manning first took over in his freshmen season he looked lost at the start but we know the rest of the story.

They had like 1800 and 1500 yards each respectively.

Then it dropped off pretty significantly.

What did other big time recruits distribution look like in high school?
Sounds like a smart QB to me. If you can’t stop the best why throw to the rest?

VN Store

Back