Harrison Bailey: Is he benefitting from exceptional talent around him? Or is he the real deal?

As an 8th header he balled out at a football camp run by cam newton. Cam came up to meet him and had a lot of positive things to say about him. I’d honestly say those wrs and tes benefit as much or more from him as he does from them

Reactions: Big Al Orange
You looked up the stats of all his receiving targets but didn't watch a 3 minute highlight montage?

Anyway.. We will find out in short order. But, IMO, HB has an accuracy that we haven't had here since Bray, and he's been preparing for the collegiate game since he was in junior high.

Real deal IMO.

I was thinking the same

I don’t follow recruiting as much as many of the folks on here.

I saw a fan of another school on Reddit’s CFB forum say that Harrison Bailey isn’t as good as advertised and that he has benefitted from D1 talent playing with him.

I looked into it and was disappointed to find out well over half his offensive production was to two main targets: one being a 6’5 250 lb 5* tight end recruit going to LSU. The other WR was committed to Michigan State.

I haven’t watched any film or anything.

Should we be worried?

No. The high school coach has probably learned that if he doesn’t instruct HB to throw it to the two blue chippers then he’ll never hear the end of it from the blue chipper’s over involved parents. That’s high school football

I saw a fan of another school on Reddit’s CFB forum say that Harrison Bailey isn’t as good as advertised and that he has benefitted from D1 talent playing with him.

I looked into it and was disappointed to find out well over half his offensive production was to two main targets: one being a 6’5 250 lb 5* tight end recruit going to LSU. The other WR was committed to Michigan State.

Should we be worried?
Worried? No. It's a valid point though

If recruiting services rated players on stats alone, they would miss the mark even more than they do now. A lot of schools/scouts like this kid, and it isn’t entirely based on his passing yards.

To say that great receivers make a QB look better than they are, there is some truth to that, but the great teams have strength at both positions. Case in point, we had some great receivers this year, so by using that logic, we should have had great QB play this year. That obviously didn’t happen. This isn’t meant to bash our current QBs, but you get to a point where you have to examine the body of work that we all watched this past season. QB play was abysmal at times, even with MC and JJ on the field at the same time.

think I have more important things to worry about...HB is ok with me...he'll probably set some records...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Should we be worried?

I watched him several time on TV and he looks like the real deal. Now if he were throwing bubble screens that went for 80 yards, you could say he was over-rated.

Reactions: TennesseeVol2006
I'd be worried if he didn't enroll at the UT. The sole worry I have.

He's already enrolled. The truth be known, with the whole transfer portal stuff it almost doesn't matter anymore. If things don't go to suit a player, they can transfer. And what with the NCAA's shoot-from-the-hip stance on eligibility, they stand a reasonable chance to play right away.

The only game I saw him in was at the beginning of the season and there were Power 5 commits all over the field on both teams. And in that game he was clearly the best player on the field, IMO.

I saw that game (vs. the Philly Catholic school) and the GHSA 6A championship game and HB was the best player on the field in both games.

Reactions: Hacksaw

Should we be worried?

Curious why you're disappointed and didn't think about how those two WR's have benefited from such a talent at QB to get them the ball. I guess negative people seek out the negative and positive people go the other direction.

Curious why you're disappointed and didn't think about how those two WR's have benefited from such a talent at QB to get them the ball. I guess negative people seek out the negative and positive people go the other direction.
Great QB’s don’t throw to targets who get open.
- Fans of other teams on Reddit prolly

Certainly not a negative person, but Tennessee football has trained me to be a pessimist first.

I am looking forward to Harrison Bailey’s arrival. I would like him to start immediately if possible.

Should we be worried?
Lol how good would TUA or Trevor be without all the NFL guys playing with them?

HB is going to be incredible!

Just because you’re surrounded by D1 or NFL wideouts doesn’t automatically make you a good QB. 👀

Reactions: Coach_Z
So do we have players to throw to that are as good or better than the ones he was throwing to in high school if so no problems.

He also played against great competition all year.Most of the defenses he faced also had d1 talent on them. It's not like he put up those video game numbers against a soft schedule.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back