Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 (May 5, 2017)

Just got back. Liked it a lot. Baby Groot was cute but Drax stole the show IMO. I'm glad they showed the real Ego if only for a split second. Otherwise I thought Kurt Russell was great (could have lived without Stallone though).

8/0 - would watch again.

Just got back. Liked it a lot. Baby Groot was cute but Drax stole the show IMO. I'm glad they showed the real Ego if only for a split second. Otherwise I thought Kurt Russell was great (could have lived without Stallone though).

8/0 - would watch again.

Personally I thought Rocket stole the show. Just saw it a couple of days ago myself.

They definitely went full-fledged comedy on this one, but it was very well executed. The interactions between Drax and Mantis were terrific.

Last edited:
I thought it was a little corny and not as good as the first, but a pretty good sequel.

Pretty much this. They really played up the silliness in this one. It felt more geared towards a younger audience to me. I still enjoyed it, but the original was better IMO.

Pretty much this. They really played up the silliness in this one. It felt more geared towards a younger audience to me. I still enjoyed it, but the original was better IMO.

By younger what do you mean? Between the constant and not so subtle sexual innuendo and the whole sale slaughter of 100s, it's not a movie I would take me little kids to see.

But if mean late teens to mid 20s then I can agree with that.

"Drax do you have any tape?

Yes scotch tape will work fine.

THEN WHY WOULD YOU ASK ME IF SCOTCH TAPE WILL WORK??"

Loved it!
Kurt Russell looks better than Goldie at this age.
The CGI Kurt was amazingly convincing.

I remember being blown away by the young Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy. Even the young Robert Downey Jr in Civil War made me pause for a moment. Then Rogue One of course. I'm almost desensitized to it now...... almost.

Note all of those are Disney movies.

Last edited:
It was revealed tonight that this (I'll believe it when I see it!) will be the first Disney film to be released on 4K UHD Blu-ray.

With release date of Tuesday August 22nd.

Good ole Disney always late to the party should have had Civil War, The Jungle Book, The Force Awakens, Rogue One & Beauty and the Beast on 4K as well!

Finally saw it in the theater. It's down to one or two screenings a day at one theater in Nashville, so I assume it will be gone after Thursday. Glad I went to see it.

I'm gonna try to watch the first one again, maybe I can make it all the way through this time. Then hopefully feel like giving the second one a go.

VN Store

Back