Guarantano "Erratic" at Manning Camp

All Guantanamo needs to do is watch Uncle Rico regarding footwork and quick release.

1eqFSrO.gif

Not Mike Glennon

glennon1.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I'm not understanding what the issue with this is.

Of course you don’t....it’s pretty simple. On one hand, OP believes Detillier when he says Guarantano was erratic...”no doubt about it, Detillier is spot on, I knew it, that’s why Chryst is coming here”....

But wait a minute, Detillier gives his explanation on why JG was erratic....”no Detillier, that makes no sense, not buying it, JG just sucks”.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
He wasn’t erratic in the Spring game. He wasn’t even erratic last season.....when he stepped up to throw the ball on time he was good. He simply wasn’t good, at all, at getting rid of the ball and not taking bad sacks. That was his issue. If JP and Helton coach him up and get him squared away there, we’re gonna have a very good SEC QB imo.

Not sure I'd use the O&W game as a measuring stick for expectations of actual performance this fall.

Reactions: 2 people
So, you trust Detillier when he says Guarantano was “erratic”....so much so that you started this thread. But, when he gives the primary reason why he believes Guarantano was “erratic”, you’re “not buying it”. Alrighty then.

Being "erratic" is more objective than the reasons why he may be being "erratic." It's also a way to soften the criticism so he doesn't look like a jerk.

It's not a flattering piece.

Of course you don’t....it’s pretty simple. On one hand, OP believes Detillier when he says Guarantano was erratic...”no doubt about it, Detillier is spot on, I knew it, that’s why Chryst is coming here”....

But wait a minute, Detillier gives his explanation on why JG was erratic....”no Detillier, that makes no sense, not buying it, JG just sucks”.

A little salty...I like it. I still don't get the big deal, except you've decided he thinks JG sucks and that bothers you.

Last edited:
Being "erratic" is more objective than the reasons why he may be being "erratic." It's also a way to soften the criticism so he doesn't look like a jerk.

It's not a flattering piece.[/QUOTE

let’s sum this article up:

-big arm, talented arm, inconsistent but working extremely hard to change that.

-has blown “hot and cold”, with a primary reason given of him not being familiar with receivers

-when he was on, he was really impressive throwing the ball

-Guarantano has impressed with his focus, work ethic and talent

-Guarantano is aware of the improvements he needs to make and is working hard

Guarantano ain’t perfect, we know that....he like pretty much all QBs are gonna get criticism. But I’m not seeing where this article is particularly unflattering. In fact, it’s factually correct to say it’s more positive on JG’s behalf than negative.

Reactions: 5 people
As long as our QB can get the ball to go where he wants it to then I’m fine. If he can’t hit his spot then we have problems.

Wrong routes and such will happen, but a QB has to be able to throw the ball where he wants to.

I know he’s out there trying, but there’s absolutely nothing that gets me excited about Guarantano taking the snaps. He just doesn’t have it and doesn’t wow me one bit, never has.

Reactions: 7 people
He is going into his second year starting. He has a great arm and is working on the mental aspects. He is already an accurate ,big armed qb. Perfect for what the coaches want to do. He will be fine and has three more years to start. Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: 1 person
JG has improved tremendously.

But the issue is, he was not a very good QB even when he was ranked at the nations #1 DT QB.

-he's not a natural "passer". He can throw well but that's one aspect of passing. And hes far to mechanical and only has/had one throwing speed. No variation in his throwing skill set. No touch whatsoever. Thats all I saw in his high school tape. And i still see that...

He WANTS to be a QB...but in his being...hes not. Not yet.

Chryst will win the job. And JG will probably transfer...
McBride will play next year and 2019...

Reactions: 4 people
JG has improved tremendously.

But the issue is, he was not a very good QB even when he was ranked at the nations #1 DT QB.

-he's not a natural "passer". He can throw well but that's one aspect of passing. And hes far to mechanical and only has/had one throwing speed. No variation in his throwing skill set. No touch whatsoever. Thats all I saw in his high school tape. And i still see that...

He WANTS to be a QB...but in his being...hes not. Not yet.

Chryst will win the job. And JG will probably transfer...
McBride will play next year and 2019...

Those are some hard truths

It'd be OK if he was a little erratic throwing the ball if he was a true dual threat QB. I know he was a true freshman last year and the offensive line was terrible, but he doesn't seem to be a dual threat to me. He moved in the pocket well, but not much elusiveness or speed once the play breaks down.

Uhh he was a Redshirt Freshman last year. McBride was the True Freshman.

VN Store

Back