Guarantano "Erratic" at Manning Camp

Disagree. JG needed to work on some stuff and hopefully he has. But last year he was not a good QB. Did he show signs that he could do certain things? Of course he did. But he did not help his O-Line out at all and some of that is on the receivers as well.

I totally agree he needs work.. And now he has the staff to help him succeed. In order for him or whoever plays QB to be successful, everything needs to improve.. It's all been rehashed numerous times.. But it starts upfront.. It also starts with coaches putting players in positions where they can be successful.. Not setting them up for failure as under Jones.. This is why I'm hopeful for JG and the whole team.

Reactions: 1 person
I totally agree he needs work.. And now he has the staff to help him succeed. In order for him or whoever plays QB to be successful, everything needs to improve.. It's all been rehashed numerous times.. But it starts upfront.. It also starts with coaches putting players in positions where they can be successful.. Not setting them up for failure as under Jones.. This is why I'm hopeful for JG and the whole team.

Im hopeful for all our players. Hope we win more than what everyone is expecting.

Reactions: 2 people
Well, you can speculate that but Bama fan said JG "was the worst SEC Qb they played against" and you disagreed with him. You stated other than Fromm, he was best Freshman qb in SEC which is bull****. I named about 6 SEC qb either in JGs class or freshmen much better than him. I simply point out that it was very likely JG was the worst Qb in the league LAST YEAR. He held the ball way to long(could be a sign of not being prepared or confused) wasn't very accurate and did nothing with his feet.

JG may be much better this year and I don't place a lot of weight on 7 on 7 at Manning Camp. He needs to show it when live bullets are coming at him.
IMO, let’s see what he does this year, before we write him off, last year (yuck), I want to see what he does in the early games and see if any improvement, if not, then on to the next QB, that is how it works If he starts, we still don’t know.

Its truly impressive how some of you hate the guy who's been thru the tough times and stuck around in favor of the guy that left and the new guy. I wonder what those 2 have in common.....that some see as "better"......that the guy that stayed doesn't? I bet most of you think McBride should be the backup and Shrout should be third team.....all for the same reason. smh.....sad

And JGs numbers are better than all 4 of them!

Reactions: 2 people
Its truly impressive how some of you hate the guy who's been thru the tough times and stuck around in favor of the guy that left and the new guy. I wonder what those 2 have in common.....that some see as "better"......that the guy that stayed doesn't? I bet most of you think McBride should be the backup and Shrout should be third team.....all for the same reason. smh.....sad

And JGs numbers are better than all 4 of them!

So, anyone not in favor of JG has an agenda, huh?!

Last edited:
I was shocked at how big Chryst is 6'5" and 239 pounds is a big QB. The reason Pruitt got Chryst is to be the QB is JG can't cut it. I think maybe JG starts but if he doesn't produce quickly could see him go to the bench after as little as three series vs W Va

Last edited:
Everyone is quick to forget, Chryst has issues aswell. Or he wouldn't have lost the starting job to a freshman. Let's all be optimistic and see what happens.

VN Store

Back