Gruden Thread Daily Cliff's Notes **INFO ONLY - No Discussion Please**

Status
Not open for further replies.
bcartervol98 on 11-1-12 around 6pm:

"Just had about a 30 minute conversation with the dude that snapped the pic of Gruden on the flight, and he is adamant even in a business setting that he was indeed watching the game and taking notes. Talk about right place right time."

A friend of mine heard from a friend of the guy that snapped the picture, that he said to Gruden "Go Big Orange" and he "Its great to be a Vol". Had me pumped when he told me, even though it has run thru the pipeline.:rock:

Reactions: 4 people
On mobile so will paraphrase from Hubbs
Basically Gruden would strongly consider/likely come if TN pays $5m+/yr.

Hart seriously considering keeping Dooley if he wins out and finishes 7-5. States he feels he could sell the 4-0 November to fans/boosters. Has stated "there's still a lot of football to be played."

Reactions: 2 people
Hubbs also said that Gruden s staff "would have a tennessee feel to it" like there have already been staff decisions.

Reactions: 9 people
Not directly Gruden info, but it fits in here. Today I sat next to booster at the game. He gets 12 season tickets a year, and donates thousands of dollars to the university. He basically told me "I'm tired of Dooley, and most of the guys I know that are boosters are too. We've agreed that until there is a change, we will not donate anymore money to the university. It's time for a change." It's getting real folks. This is no source, this is just me being in the right place at the right time.

Reactions: 15 people
On TOS. Some guy posted this.

....a Sevierville-based realtor who also owns a local newspaper - I used to work for him - told me that he knows for sure, without a doubt that Gruden has contacted a local real estate firm looking for a home in this area. This guy is from Seattle who doesn't really even care about this. He said there is no doubt that he has hired someone to find him a house.

Reactions: 31 people
Hubbs also said that Gruden s staff "would have a tennessee feel to it" like there have already been staff decisions.

Here is a little more from Hubbs.......

As a result of the unknown from Hart, there is really nothing new in regards to the GQ's only choice for coach, Jon Gruden. That doesn't mean Gruden's interest level or anything has changed, but it kind of has a holding pattern feel at this point. Nonetheless, and while it's impossible to tell because Gruden isn't publicly saying anything specific in regards to the Tennessee job, he does seem to have legitimate interest in the job and there are those close to Gruden who continue to believe that if a change is made and Tennessee has a competitive offer sheet (read: greater than $5 million), it might be too much for Gruden to pass up. There are others who know Gruden who don't think he would come to the college game. And others who believe if somehow he did end up at Tennessee, then his staff would have a Vol feel to it.

Reactions: 9 people
11/4

imo based on my info, hart and cheek are doing what they have been told to do on this matter. The poor performance of the team yesterday makes their role more difficult to be silent during this time because the fans will turn up the heat.

I am still confident in the info i have knowledge of.

Reactions: 6 people
11/4 --oldvol quoting Hubbs on the autonomy of the athletic department plus possibly Cheek's future:

But it's very interesting to note that Tennessee's annual Board of Trustees meeting is upcoming next weekend, and there are some key topic points that will have both direct and indirect impact on UT's athletics department.

First, there is the review of a "performance and retention" plan for executive officers. That includes many, from Jimmy Cheek on down.

Additionally, and perhaps of more importance, is this: There is a proposed amendment of the UT-UTFI affiliation and services agreement to change the reporting line for athletics departments personnel in Knoxville. Right. Layman's terms: UTFI is the abbreviation for the University of Tennessee Foundation Incorporated. So, either more unilateral control will be granted to the athletic department development, or athletic development would be totally absorbed under its wing. Presently, the Athletic Department is listed as a separate office.

hubbs

Reactions: 2 people
11/5 am

i've only been able to reach two people since i heard. One was still positive, the other had been out if town this weekend and has heard nothing. Both are trying to find out what they can.

Also messaged with dto....he is making calls. Our sources are different, but typically line up.

i've heard nothing different. Something must be up though.

Reactions: 3 people
11/5 am

There were a TON of things happening that would lead one to suggest that a deal was finalized. This is above and beyond other sources.

These things that took place wouldn't suggest a quick unthought full decision to take the job and then reject it.

Reactions: 4 people
11/5 am

Based on my information and who it came from....coupled with the information from guys like DTO, Jay, OldVol, and Gman, several of whom I've spoken to, I don't see anything has changed. I believe this could be the latest smokescreen, which I predicted 3 weeks ago.

If I hear something negative from those I talk to, I'll be the first to post it and back off of this. So far I've not gotten any indication to change my mind.

Reactions: 7 people
11/5 lunch time
Tony Basilio saying his source just sent him a message that Gruden is not coming to UT due to among other things the AD issues with Cheek. Also source said if Cheek does not step in line he will be out in December!

Reactions: 1 person
He would be a Vol already if not for all the coaching talk, same as a few others would be. If something doesnt change in a hurry, this recruiting class will head downwards soon. Hart either needs to do the deed or extend Dooley, no in betweens. As long as Cheek is here, you can forget a Gruden type hire unless more control is given to Hart. noone worth his salt will step into this situation, atleast Dooley had the balls to tackle it knowing what he was stepping into.

This is what Skeet said referring to Cheek in the Marquez North forum.

Reactions: 5 people
11/5 5PMish

BOT (Board of Trustees) will be meeting this weekend to vote for many things including the following:

As it stands now, the AD is under the University. What is supposed to happen at the board meeting is taking the AD out from under the University.

As it stands now the SEC money we get goes to Cheek, then he gives Hart what he wants him to have from it. That has to change. It should be the opposite. That is one of the items on the agenda for the meeting that will be addressed.

As for Gurden, I still stand where I have always stood. Money Talks.

People who wants votes to go their way at these type meetings, usually have their ducks in a row before it comes to the actual vote. j/s

If the vote makes the change, this should clear way for Gruden (or another high caliber coach). If vote fails, who knows what will happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
11/5 8 PMish

I met with my source and he is still firm on Gruden, I asked about Hart and Cheeks and he reminded me what he told me last week and that is, if they know what is good for them they will know their role and not get in the way.

Reactions: 13 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back