Gruden Thread Daily Cliff's Notes **INFO ONLY - No Discussion Please**

Status
Not open for further replies.
From TOS

UTmaniac15 at 11/27 7:39 PM

A buddy of mine talked to Bill Haslam last Tuesday while he was at work and Bill had some good things to say regarding Gruden being our next head coach. My buddy said Bill told him that Jimmy, Fulmer, and Peyton talked last week about pushing for Gruden. He then stated that the 3 of them were also meeting with Gruden this week sometime as well. Didn't say what day the meeting would be but said it would depend on Peyton's schedule. TIFWIW but I just wanted to pass along some info that came from Governor Haslam.

Reactions: 1 person
Dan Hellie ‏@DanHellie

UT fans who think Jon Gruden will be in Knoxville Saturday. Not likely. He's scheduled to do a pre MNF int w/ RG3 @ redskins park on Sat

Dan Hellie ‏@DanHellie
That being said, perhaps he will be secretly building his staff while meeting w/ Redskins DB coach Raheem Morris. #Vols #tennessee

Dan Hellie ‏@DanHellie
“@randreece82: @DanHellie Dave Hart will be in NYC this week. So we just expect Jon to be there”----> quick train ride

Reactions: 4 people
I have a family member who is an assistant coach in the SEC, I was informed by him over a month ago that it was well known among the SEC coaches that Gruden will be the new HC at Tennessee..fwiw!

Reactions: 17 people
An alleged current player just posted to TOS that some players have been told that it is Gruden or Fisher by "AD member".

poster on TOS claiming to have a picture of the contract signed by Gruden.

Via twitter
It is RUMORED that Chad Clifton was told by Manning that Gruden was the next coach of Tennessee. Working to confirm.
Spencer Riley as well.

Reactions: 14 people
I have a family member who is an assistant coach in the SEC, I was informed by him over a month ago that it was well known among the SEC coaches that Gruden will be the new HC at Tennessee..fwiw!

An interesting first post, so I've checked -- there doesn't appear to be an IP match or any other obvious shenanigans. This does indeed seem to be a new poster.

Welcome to the board. :hi:

Reactions: 13 people
WREG TV-Memphis just reported Gruden has a contract in hand from Tennessee that includes part ownership of the Browns. Hang up reported to be a "money issue" with the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Reactions: 10 people
RT @John_Infante: Current NCAA rules would prohibit this Gruden-Browns nonsense unless ownership stake was first donated to Tennessee.
Expand
Will West ‏@WillWestWNML

This dude was reporting sports before a lot of folks were born. I'm not saying it's accurate but surely he isn't just quoting message board
Expand

Last edited:
@VolRumorMill We are hearing that Hart and Gruden will meet in person for first time this week to discuss/negotiate and then agree to terms or end talks.

I tweeted him and asked who he was hearing this from and he replied with, "Multiple sources that I trust."

Don't know how reliable VolRumorMill is but just thought I would share

@Brad_Pope: I was just told Hart is no longer in Knoxville and was suppose to be in office in the AM. Keeps getting interesting.

Reactions: 2 people
Not sure who cane insider is
CANEINSIDER‏@CANEINSIDER

Hot Rumor Mill: Gruden to TN nearly complete, Salary around the $6 million a yr mark. Raheem Morris apparently lead candidate as DC #Tenn

TIFWIW

Reactions: 4 people
11/28, Mike and Mike on ESPN Radio:

Greeny: We'll start with this, because it..it's happened again. Now there's a report, and look, if you're going to be connected to jobs, it might as well involve the Governor of Tennessee.

Golic: Sure, why not?!

Greeny: News Channel 3 has learned that you, Jon Gruden, have a contract offer in hand from the University of Tennessee, and that a decision could be made as early as today. Part of this apparently is that you would get a piece of the Cleveland Browns, who were recently bought by Jim Haslam, who is a huge Tennessee booster, because he played at Tennessee, and he is the father of Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam. So, first and foremost, Jon, is this..is there any truth to this whatsoever?

Gruden: Uh no there isn't. I should probably tell my wife that because it does involve her and my kids. But no, there's no truth to that, I'm just excited about Monday Night Football and getting ready for the Giants and the Redskins.

Greeny: Okay, that's good, because if you were going to go, we would like to talk about maybe some sort of Cabinet position.

Golic: Exactly right! That's some kind of pull!

Greeny: Yeah Seriously!

Gruden: Yeah.. I mean uh, I don't ::sigh::.. I just.. I apologize, I.. I really don't have time to get into all that stuff. I like what I'm doing. I'm just trying to hang on to the job I have to be honest with you. ::chuckle:: So, let's leave it at that, and get into the real nuts and bolts of the Mike and Mike show.

(M&M both laugh)

Greeny: Okay, well, if you'd listened to the last hour.. Frankly you..this is probably better than anything we've done

Golic: The wheels have already come off

Reactions: 2 people
Brent Hubbs on 104.5 The Zone:

"The University of Tennessee could NOT put a stake in Browns ownership in a contract in any way. Also, if that was a possibility, the other 31 NFL teams would have to vote on it."

However, he then went on to say neither Jon Gruden nor the AD's office has slammed the door on the possibility of him coaching at UT.

11/28

Basillio Blog

Jon Gruden's 'denial' on Mike and Mike this morning @ 7:15 eastern time this morning leads me to believe he's 'on' and very much in play with Tennessee. First of all, he denied the report out of Memphis which has him getting a piece of the Cleveland Browns as part of his joining UT. And that’s literally ALL he denied!!! Secondly he wasn't pressed AT ALL by either Mike or Mike as to whether or not he's had any conversation and or interest in the Tennessee job. And Gruden garbles something about 'I love Monday Night Football and let's talk about the usual Mike and Mike stuff we get into here.' It was as if he felt caught off guard by the question and they never asked him a follow up. Here's my rule in interviewing. If I bring somebody on my show and I'm going to get into something like that, I'm going to ask that follow up question. Or I'm not going to go there at all. All Mike and Mike did is feed the frenzy of Gruden to UT. Very poorly done by those guys! Now it's murkier than ever. This thing is officially a circus.

The amount of misinformation around the UT coaching search is astounding. Tennessee is purposefully putting out all kinds of crap surrounding this thing. One of two things has happened at this point. Either Tennessee has already hired who they are going to hire or the search is really going to start next week.

If it's the former, good for them! That's a great stuff. Then UT would've known they were heading into the abyss under Dooley and did something about it. If it's the latter, shame on them because time is wasting away. And the reason I say shame on them is that UT has been without a coach for 11 days now and may be without one for a couple more weeks. That's simply unacceptable in this day and age.

So, my point is this. If it's Gruden or somebody else who is already hired then shame on Tennessee. If the search truly hasn't started and they are waiting until next week to talk to candidates then this is completely silly.

Dave Hart literally hasn't left campus. Maybe those who say this thing is done have a good point. I hope they are right. Otherwise, this thing is heading for disaster. We've already seen around here where this leads when you get caught with your pants down.

And one other thought for you. If it's not Jon Gruden, Tennessee needs to come out and say that the Gruden stuff is not going to happen. All Gruden did today was feed the fire. All Tennessee is doing by not saying that Gruden isn't coming is feed the fire. So, I'm inclined that as of right now the Jon Gruden to Tennessee thing is VERY MUCH ALIVE as I type this. There's simply NO OTHER CONCLUSION TO DRAW.

Here's what I've heard in the past 24 hours about this that I believe 100% to be true. Tennessee has put an absolute full court press on Gruden in the past 6 weeks. Included in this block of folks are the likes of Peyton Manning, other NFL executive types, Johnny Majors and also Phillip Fulmer. They are all on board with Gruden to Tennessee.

I'm telling you if it's not Gruden, Tennessee needs to come out and say so....And they need to do it TODAY!

This is out of control. And this fan base is going to be crushed if they are not negotiating with Jon Gruden. If there's a chance on getting Gruden then I guess you say something.

The train if officially down the track and the next coach (if not Gruden) would be set up to be seen as the turd in the punch bowl.

Reactions: 19 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back