Gruden Thread Daily Cliff's Notes **INFO ONLY - No Discussion Please**

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was told that our new head coach will be in place in the next 7 to 10 days by our assistants, per VQ.

Quote from 247 regarding Coaching Search and timeline related to "supposed" Gruden hiring. This is what recruits are being told by Hinshaw/Graham.

Jordan Wilkins 13'' RB from Cordova, TN was told this information today according to 247 reporters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
SpringBokVol ...11/27 12:33 AM

"Hey guys. Just dropping in to say hi.

Haven't been avoiding but dont have much to add.

All is still on track. No worries".

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
Latest update from Basilio (11/27, 12:23 AM):

"I'll repeat what I said yesterday right here because it bears repeating. Jon Gruden to UT is not dead. Gruden is highly interested in the job. Will UT get more interested in doing something with him as time goes on?

For the sake of the conversation and until UT shows me otherwise I have to think that UT is just not going to let an opportunity to land a guy like this go by the wayside. As I told you yesterday, there are concerns about Gruden temperament behind the scenes. These $$$ folks at UT have done a lot of research into Gruden (as well they should). When you're shelling out the kind of dollars he's asking, you have to make sure you know what you're doing.

Once UT gets that list whittled down, I can't imagine them not going back and giving Gruden a shot to at least explain himself and have the opportunity to overcome UT's objections to his candidacy as UT's next head coach."

Reactions: 3 people
In response to babyvols "it's still gruden" post, deerpark12 replied, "no it's not". Sucks because dp is as solid of a poster as baby.

Reactions: 1 person
Hubbs' answer to a question why UT or Hart hasn't quashed the Gruden rumors if there is nothing to them:

"[T]rust me when I say that they have been told by some that it's a PR nightmare to let this fester if you are not hiring him.

I don't know why no one has put it to bed if you're not hiring him. I think it's a mistake by the AD to continue to allow it to be a possibility if it's not a possibility. So that leads me back to "I gotta see it to believe it" instead of saying there no chance..

Reactions: 2 people
From Hubbs:

Much of the smoke from Gruden comes from posters who have sources. Maybe they don't have many sources on Fisher or others.

I have said that Stoops is a long shot and that Fisher is in a good situation at FSU and just how upset is he really with his administrators.

I do thing that Hart has been working talking to some agents and lawyers, but I do believe the search is in the early stages but speeds up quickly tomorrow or this week with Hart headin on the road.

11/27

never claimed to have inside sources and i have held off completely but i firmly believe this will happen. I am on the phone now having a discussion from somone in the know. I am about to leave the office for the day but i will leave with this... It is done and will be announced friday. The media is apart of this in specific circles and have been asked to spin it is at best and will not part take in the vent afterwards if leaked, they will be ruined at tn if so. This explained a lot of hubbs wish-washyness. My contact has very reliable sources and has mirrored everything boro has been stating.

You are about to witness the biggest hire in nca history and the best marketing ploy by our beloved university. I truly believe this individual and rarely have need to talk to him back home untl recently. It is done!

Reactions: 12 people
11/27

another tidbit i heard,
look for hinshaw to move to fl as wide receiver coach. I also hear tee will be leaving his current position! Mmmmmm.

Unsure if true but thought i would pass along.

Patrino was also told to stop calling our ad and that we were not interested. He was begging for the job basically!

11/27, 9am:

Borrowed from the recruiting forum:

Great interview on the Ainge show just now with Terry Adams (Adams law firm). Terry is an attorney and former NFL agent. He said 99.99% chance that Hart already has his coach. If he didn't there would be leaks of coaches he has interviewed and not a single leak out there. Meaning Hart isn't interviewing current coaches, unlike AD's at the other schools who have vacancies.

He said the coaching world is so small and the writers that cover them is even smaller, he could find out who's already interviewed for the UK, NCSU, Cal, etc jobs very easily and not a single leak from the UT AD. He said that means that Harts coach isn't currently coaching and the most likely candidates would be Butch Davis, Petrino and Gruden. And it's very unlikely that Davis or Petrino would be the guy. All signs point to Gruden.

Reactions: 33 people
11/27

since i originally posted what i'd been told in mid october i have never seen any info that trumped what i had been told, or by whom. In fact my information has been corroborated by several other og's whose information came from different sources. Nothing has come out from any of our sources to change my opinion. In fact, i've heard things from them that made me more certain.

Still 100%.

Reactions: 14 people
11/27, noon

On whether news could leak before Friday's target date:
No but it will damn well be leaking from top to bottom. I expect media to increase their coverage to a crescendo Thursday.

Only a couple days guys, may be the two most intense days yet. As the media starts to build up to the announcement expect a complete insurgency from people saying all sorts of things.

I am confident whatever it was has been resolved and am solidly back to 99% sure this will happen.

It's like playing poker, every hand tells a story. From pre-flop to the river either you are telling a story or being told one. The ONLY story here that makes sense has Gruden at the end of it.

Reactions: 16 people
Quote from OldVol75

Personally I was told the 30th. That is the date I was told a couple of weeks ago. I really don't care what date it's announced, just that it is.

I don't post a lot and don't have anything to do with UT. I will tell you my source has a direct connection with UT. I've been told announcment is coming either by Saturday or next week. And can confirm that Cindy Gruden was in Knoxville, that she wants to be in a house by the end of Christmas break. I know you guys are as anxious as me, but the wait will be worth it. :salute:

Reactions: 13 people
From a poster on 247...

A deal is on the table, agreed upon in principle by both parties, an 8 year contract worth $ 54 million. The Haslam family has also chipped in an ownership share of the Cleveland Browns for Gruden, the Browns of course, being the newest Haslam family business venture.
Gruden is waiting out his Tampa Bay buyout payments, which conclude in early December.
Gruden is assembling a top shelf staff, including Raheem Morris. His staff will firm him up on NCAA rules, recruiting, and the like.
Gruden and Dooley are close. Gruden has made it clear he wanted some "buffer" between his announcement and Dooley's firing, to avoid further embarrassment to Dooley.
The big money (and I mean big money) donors and boosters have instructed Dave Hart to back up the Wells Fargo truck to Gruden's house and make this happen.
The issue of "control" is being used as a smokescreen. Gruden will have football program say-so over any and every thing he wishes, short of any academic regulations or NCAA rules violations. Carte Blanche.
Yes, Gruden has it made at ESPN, but is itching to get back on the sidelines. The only college job he is even considering is Tennessee. He quickly thanks but no thanksed Arkansas (notice he has not done this to Tennessee). If he doesn't come to Tennessee, he goes back to the NFL
Johnny Majors and Peyton Manning have aggressively lobbied Gruden to take the job.
There is a University of Dayton (Gruden's alma mater) annual alumni event this Saturday. Gruden has spoken at this event every year for the last 9 years. He has cancelled this year with a vague "scheduling conflict" excuse. His replacement speaker, Chuck Noll, let slip that "I guess Jon will be in Knoxville next weekend..."

Reactions: 63 people
Fox 29's Howard Eskin, citing sources in the Philadelphia Eagles' organization, says that the team would be interested in hiring the former Oakland Raiders and Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach, and that their has at least been interest on Gruden's side to make the move.

Eskin says that he's been told that Gruden, "wants to go to a team that can win, and the key, has a quarterback."

In addition to the Eagles and Vols, San Diego has also been mentioned as a possible landing spot for Gruden. In fact, today's report doesn't even mention Gruden considering the college game.

Still, according to Eskin, the Eagles remain the frontrunner.

"He loves Philadelphia, thinks the Eagles will be a good team next year, and the key here: He likes the backup quarterback, Nick Foles, who he has already worked out while working for ESPN."

Reactions: 1 person
Fox 29's Howard Eskin, citing sources in the Philadelphia Eagles' organization, says that the team would be interested in hiring the former Oakland Raiders and Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach, and that their has at least been interest on Gruden's side to make the move.

Eskin says that he's been told that Gruden, "wants to go to a team that can win, and the key, has a quarterback."

In addition to the Eagles and Vols, San Diego has also been mentioned as a possible landing spot for Gruden. In fact, today's report doesn't even mention Gruden considering the college game.

Still, according to Eskin, the Eagles remain the frontrunner.

"He loves Philadelphia, thinks the Eagles will be a good team next year, and the key here: He likes the backup quarterback, Nick Foles, who he has already worked out while working for ESPN."

For clarification:
This article is from November 8th, 2012

Reactions: 24 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back