Grayson Allen

Allen is a punk plain and simple. Tons of dirty plays by him followed up with the whiny “what did I do?!” attitude.

Reactions: 1 person
It sounded and appeared so much worse than it actually was. There are 50 elbows a year worse than that play.

Disagree.

Throwing an elbow to clear space or get position is part of basketball. Sometimes it’s called, sometimes it’s not.

Stomping on a guy’s chest while he’s laying on the floor is a punk move under any circumstance...ditto for intentionally tripping an opposing player.

No damage to Coach K’s legacy in either case, which was my original point. My other point is F Roy Williams.

Disagree.

Throwing an elbow to clear space or get position is part of basketball. Sometimes it’s called, sometimes it’s not.

Stomping on a guy’s chest while he’s laying on the floor is a punk move under any circumstance...ditto for intentionally tripping an opposing player.

No damage to Coach K’s legacy in either case, which was my original point. My other point is F Roy Williams.

I'm not talking elbow to clear space, I'm talking about actual elbows.

There was no danger to what he did, whereas elbows and trips are dangerous. It's the equivalent of a push. He stepped on his chest, it wasn't really even a "stomp". He dom'd him symbolically. It's a punk move, but it's nothing more than that. If you got "stomped" on the chest with your back on a flat surface, it would hurt like a *****. You wouldn't be smiling. It was nothing.

zKsPou.gif

I'm not talking elbow to clear space, I'm talking about actual elbows.

There was no danger to what he did, whereas elbows and trips are dangerous. It's the equivalent of a push. He stepped on his chest, it wasn't really even a "stomp". He dom'd him symbolically. It's a punk move, but it's nothing more than that. If you got "stomped" on the chest with your back on a flat surface, it would hurt like a *****. You wouldn't be smiling. It was nothing.

zKsPou.gif

Its funny the length at which fans will go to defend a player on their team. Not just us, all fans do it. Ravens fans and ray rice, vols fans defend Haynesworth, Daniel Hood, Baylor and Briles and players etc. Just the same with Allen and Dukies.

Its funny the length at which fans will go to defend a player on their team. Not just us, all fans do it. Ravens fans and ray rice, vols fans defend Haynesworth, Daniel Hood, Baylor and Briles and players etc. Just the same with Allen and Dukies.

I'm not really a "Duke fan". I casually like them simply because I think they get irrational hatred (just like this Laettner case).

I do not like Allen, and I am critical of him and have even fought with Duke fans about him recently in this forum.

You can think the stomp is no big deal and not be a Duke apologist.

I'm not really a "Duke fan". I casually like them simply because I think they get irrational hatred (just like this Laettner case).

I do not like Allen, and I am critical of him and have even fought with Duke fans about him recently in this forum.

You can think the stomp is no big deal and not be a Duke apologist.

Most national band teams that attract alot of bandwagon fans get alot of hate. Yankees, alabama football, duke and unc basketball etc.
Anyone that purposely steps on a player is a big deal, the pressure applied is irrevelent. Even more, i would argue coachs ks leniency during that indefinate one game suspension after he was forced tp do something about that punk drices even more hate of them.

Most national band teams that attract alot of bandwagon fans get alot of hate. Yankees, alabama football, duke and unc basketball etc.
Anyone that purposely steps on a player is a big deal, the pressure applied is irrevelent. Even more, i would argue coachs ks leniency during that indefinate one game suspension after he was forced tp do something about that punk drices even more hate of them.

The Duke hate is above and beyond. On Facebook during MM one year, you could choose your favorite team and your most hated team. Duke was the most hated by like a factor of 4. It's not even close.

I empathize with them because I went to BYU and everybody in the MWC hated BYU the most. Literally everybody. So when I saw Duke playing at Clemson, UNC, NC State, UVA, etc. and all their fans are chanting "**** Duke", I identified with that.

The Duke hate is above and beyond. On Facebook during MM one year, you could choose your favorite team and your most hated team. Duke was the most hated by like a factor of 4. It's not even close.

I empathize with them because I went to BYU and everybody in the MWC hated BYU the most. Literally everybody. So when I saw Duke playing at Clemson, UNC, NC State, UVA, etc. and all their fans are chanting "**** Duke", I identified with that.
Well, i cant stand them, about on the same level with alabama football for me. I like byu pretty well though. Even though they tried to swip coach ken.

Combination of unlikeable coaching combined with some annoying players like Christian, Woj, and even now with Allen. Once you hate a few people from a group it seems to make the whole group hated. There are plenty of good Dukies.

Well, i cant stand them, about on the same level with alabama football for me. I like byu pretty well though. Even though they tried to swip coach ken.

Exactly, you are a Tennessee fan sworn by birth to hate Bama. They're in the midst of the greatest run in football history and you're saying Duke, who is not in your conference, plays a sport you likely care less about, and only has 2 titles in the last 17 years is as loathsome as Bama.

Reactions: 2 people
Exactly, you are a Tennessee fan sworn by birth to hate Bama. They're in the midst of the greatest run in football history and you're saying Duke, who is not in your conference, plays a sport you likely care less about, and only has 2 titles in the last 17 years is as loathsome as Bama.

I like all sports, watch any vols bball and griz games i can. I dont know alot about it but i like it.

VN Store

Back