Got any bold predictions?

You want a prediction? Ok here goes...

We beat Utah State by 17.
We beat Georgia by 3.
We beat Florida by 10.
We lose to Bama by 4.
We beat South Carolina by 20.

I think we go 9-3 or somewhere in that vicinity. Also don't be shocked if it takes everything Oklahoma has to beat us either. That team had one truly good game last year and it just happened to be the bowl game against the Tide. So naturally, they should be in the top 3 in the nation at the beginning of the season.

Flame away because I don't care LOL

Reactions: 5 people
We beat Utah State, Arky St., Georgia, Florida, UTC, Ole Miss, USCjr, Kensucky, Mizzu, and Vandy.

Worley wins "SEC Comeback Player of the Year" after the endless rotation of Howard, North, Croom, VP, Malone, Wharton, Young, and Jenkins create nasty match up problems for SEC East DB's keeping the field spread out. Read option is run effectively enough to force the opposing defenses to actually respect the QB as a runner...allowing play action to destroy secondaries. Lane/Hurd/Scott are a very productive unit and get better as the season goes on...but they produce most effectively in short yardage/goal line situations. Our O-Line will hold up and fight...they too will get better with each game playing with a chip on their shoulders.

Our defense will bend but not break...they will give up points and blow plays here and there...but they will rise up and show the level of fight, heart, and hunger for victory....just like in both the Georgia and South Carolina games.

The stench of Dooley feels gone now...all players seem bought in...all seem to truly be taking strength and conditioning to another level...the former players are putting their winner championship aura back into Tennessee Football that Dooley sucked out of it. Great things are coming my fellow VFL family....great things.

OP said bold....that is bold.

Reactions: 3 people
We are the most improved team in the SEC, but due to another difficult schedule our W-L wouldn't reflect it. However, we do make a bowl and finally beat the $hit out of a higher ranked ACC team.

Worley has a good year, starting all 13 games. Lane gains over 900 yards and Hurd had over 700. Croom turns out to be a stalwart "possession" receiver, but also takes a couple of TDs of over 50 yards.

Defense struggles but has 6 pick 6s. We beat USU, Arky State, Fl, Mizzou, Chatta, Ole Miss, Ky and Vandy and win in the Liberty Bowl.

SJT returns to whine because we didn't beat either Ga or SC. Catbone whines because SJT returns.

Reactions: 3 people
I'll probably be wrong, but...

Looking at the recruiting class we'll likely finish with numbers wise (we currently aren't graduating enough players to take a full class), we'll either see a lot of transfers by February and/or we'll see some unexpected underclassmen declare for the draft.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few guys such as Maggit, Pearson, Randolph, Croom, or Pig take their talents to the NFL if they have really solid seasons.

I'll try

UT beats Bama 70-3. Marquez North catches 15 passes for 250 yards and 3 td's, and Hurd and Lane combine for 300 and 2 more td's on the ground. Pick 6's by Sutton, TK and one of the Berry bros.

Reactions: 1 person
North and Pearson both have great years, but Croom has a better year than those two.

Worley has a good year, starting all 13 games. Lane gains over 900 yards and Hurd had over 700. Croom turns out to be a stalwart "possession" receiver, but also takes a couple of TDs of over 50 yards.

Defense struggles but has 6 pick 6s. We beat USU, Arky State, Fl, Mizzou, Chatta, Ole Miss, Ky and Vandy and win in the Liberty Bowl.

SJT returns to whine because we didn't beat either Ga or SC. Catbone whines because SJT returns.

:eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol:

1) We beat one of these three teams by 20 or more (Mizzou,Florida, or Vandy)
2) Our offensive and defensive lines rank in the top half of the SEC at the end of the year (8 and above)
3) We have 3 players on the All Freshmen team
4) We play in a Bowl and win

After these past 5 years, I'm not very bold, but I'll say 7-5 with a win over FLA. (Which is just sad to say that 7-5 is bold).

VN Store

Back