Going for 2 Points

RICK0380

1st of all proud of our boys and coaches for not giving up.... now when we scored and they jumped offsides on the extra point with 40 seconds left... I felt we should have gone for 2pt conversion then. We killed them up the middle all game long and John Kelly could have punched it in I believe. It's in hindsight now...but I was screaming it at the TV when it happened. What do you guys think? I will hang up and listen.haha

Reactions: 5 people
I thought the same thing as well, but the way our offense was moving it, it was probably the right decision. The playcalling in the overtimes was awful though.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought the same thing. Especially after the offside call. 1 yard. BUT if we didn't make it, we would be sitting here saying "why the hell did he go for two? We had all the momentum, etc etc." I would hate to be the one making that decision.

Reactions: 6 people
A field goal would have beaten us regardless u play for the tie u cant expect a&m to miss a field goal and if u dont make they dont even have to try

If it fails, then he gets crucified. He made the right decision. If the team had nothing to lose, then I could see it

Reactions: 2 people
They play call on the INT wasn't necessarily a bad call.

I didn't love the sequence in the first OT, but Dobbs probably missed a TD on the misread option on first down. Sometimes you make the plays, and sometimes you don't.

If they didn't make it people would be out for butch. I support him for going to overtime.

I wouldn't have been mad if Butch had tried it. His team was hurting and if he thought that gave us the best shot then you ride with the call

Reactions: 4 people
I think he should of after the flag. They weren't stopping a run up the middle.

I wouldn't have been mad if Butch had tried it. His team was hurting and if he thought that have us the best shot then you ride with the call

Yup. I'm good either way but with the offsides penalty........I'm going for two

Reactions: 3 people
I agree Butch should have gone for it after the flag.

BUT, with all the momentum, I liked our chances taking it to OT.

Had Butch gone for 2 at any time I would have backed him on it. Actually, I back him either way, given the way the team played through. Still.

I was same way. Go for it,but like you guys said if he went and missed he wood get killed.

Jones has no balls and every week he shows us again that he has no balls. Hell, yea, you go for it. You make a yard, you have a huge chance of winning the game! You're trailing by 14 with 3.5 minutes left, and suddenly you can win the game by getting a yard? Even with 40 seconds left, no brainer for me. The only question would be, do you run the ball up the middle or go wide with Dobbs. Of course Jones made the safe call--he always does.

Jones has no balls and every week he shows us again that he has no balls. Hell, yea, you go for it. You make a yard, you have a huge chance of winning the game! You're trailing by 14 with 3.5 minutes left, and suddenly you can win the game by getting a yard? Even with 40 seconds left, no brainer for me. The only question would be, do you run the ball up the middle or go wide with Dobbs. Of course Jones made the safe call--he always does.

See, Butch gets hammered either way. Guy can't win with our football savvy fanbase

Reactions: 2 people
I thought about it and said i would choose overtime.. now i kinda wish we would have at least tried for 2. Our lb's were no where to be found in the last several minutes of the game and in overtime..

You DO realize not a single person on here gives a single solitary **** about your whiny *** opinion, right?? TFOH with that nonsense, pillow biter.

Reactions: 5 people
I said go for 2, but Butch would never do that. He woulda been charcoaled if he failed. A loss in OT and he's still looked at as a hero.

The only reason I thought going for 2 would work is I knew Debord would screw OT up. He's a terrible play caller when things are even. Not a top OC at all, imo. 700 yds is great, but TAMU's defense isn't that good.

VN Store

Back