GOAT QB Resumes - MY 5

I'm not sure why Brady keeps being punished for playing for a great coach. It's not like Belichick was tearing it up before Brady. He's had one losing season in New England, 2000, which is also the only season Brady didn't start any regular season games. Does Montana get punished because he had Walsh as coach for most of his Super Bowls?

I lowered Montana because of the talent around him and the fact his back up looked almost as good but I give him credit for how he looked towards the end of his career with KC

I don't get that at all. They didn't make the playoffs. Is it not as reasonable to think that had Brady played they may have had 2-3 more victories? Let's not act like that's not a big deal.

You can say that about any QB in the league.... Would Pittsburgh had made the playoffs without roethlisburger.....I think Brady has benefitted greatly from the system set up around him and Cassel is evidence of that.

Yeah, I agree. He's basically Romo with a SB. Great, but not in the same class as these guys.

I disagree.... Farve was the man and made incredible plays.... Everyone just gets too carried away with the guys in this era of short passing game and flaccid defense.....to compare him to romo is ridiculous

You can say that about any QB in the league.... Would Pittsburgh had made the playoffs without roethlisburger.....I think Brady has benefitted greatly from the system set up around him and Cassel is evidence of that.

So you can say that about any QB, yet you hold against only Brady? Yes it's a good system, and the fact they didn't make the playoffs tells me he makes it that much better, not that he's good only because of the system.

Cassel also led the Chiefs to a division title and made the Pro Bowl 2 seasons later, so let's not act like he was a total bum.

Reactions: 1 person
I disagree.... Farve was the man and made incredible plays.... Everyone just gets too carried away with the guys in this era of short passing game and flaccid defense.....to compare him to romo is ridiculous

Era of short passing game? Farve played when the west coast offense ruled. That's defined by short passes.

Brady only has about 31K more passing yards than Bradshaw, 220 more TD passes, and 60 less interceptions. And again you're making yourself look silly considering you pump up Aikman, who is the one who closest resembles Bradshaw.

Enough with the name calling. I've managed to read everyone's opinion and not need to criticize any I don't agree with.

As far as Brady & Bradshaw, they both accumulated SB titles but individually they are less talented imo than a Marino or an Elway. I've got to put them in order somehow and this is what I chose.

I eagerly await your opinion of my opinion.

Enough with the name calling. I've managed to read everyone's opinion and not need to criticize any I don't agree with.

As far as Brady & Bradshaw, they both accumulated SB titles but individually they are less talented imo than a Marino or an Elway. I've got to put them in order somehow and this is what I chose.

I eagerly await your opinion of my opinion.

Please show me where I called you a name.

Era of short passing game? Farve played when the west coast offense ruled. That's defined by short passes.

That's true to an extent but still different than today's times.... In 2014 there were 11 QBs that threw for 4,000 yards and avg over ten the past few seasons.... During farves times, they avg between 2-5..... Marino set the record for 5,000 yards in 84 and it lasted for over 20 years.... In the last few years there have been five QBs reach that mark with Bree's doing it twice.... QBs nowadays have it made.

So you can say that about any QB, yet you hold against only Brady? Yes it's a good system, and the fact they didn't make the playoffs tells me he makes it that much better, not that he's good only because of the system.

Cassel also led the Chiefs to a division title and made the Pro Bowl 2 seasons later, so let's not act like he was a total bum.
I think he is a good QB but far from the best

That's true to an extent but still different than today's times.... In 2014 there were 11 QBs that threw for 4,000 yards and avg over ten the past few seasons.... During farves times, they avg between 2-5..... Marino set the record for 5,000 yards in 84 and it lasted for over 20 years.... In the last few years there have been five QBs reach that mark with Bree's doing it twice.... QBs nowadays have it made.

OK, but it has nothing to do with short passes, it has to do with throwing more. Favre held records because he had more attempts than anybody. He also had more picks than anybody. These guys today are throwing more than Favre and making fewer bad decisions, so...

Romo = 7.9 YPA, 5.7 TD%, 2.7 INT%
Favre = 7.1 YPA, 5.0 TD%, 3.3 INT%

I see no indication that Favre is throwing longer passes.

Romo = 7.9 YPA, 5.7 TD%, 2.7 INT%
Favre = 7.1 YPA, 5.0 TD%, 3.3 INT%

I see no indication that Favre is throwing longer passes.

It's not really about short passes, it's about receivers having way more space now because defenders can't breathe on them, and about teams built around Romo being mediocre teams.

It's not really about short passes, it's about receivers having way more space now because defenders can't breathe on them, and about teams built around Romo being mediocre teams.

There are a lot of factors at play. 3 WR sets with a TE who runs like a WR vs a big TE + FB in the WC offense. Offenses are more sophisticated. More pre-snap adjustments. Choice routes are more prevalent. Etc.

"Tom Brady is the best of all time. Case closed" Deion Sanders

Its really not even a contest between Manning and Brady, I cant believe you guys are still talking about this actually.

Its really not even a contest between Manning and Brady, I cant believe you guys are still talking about this actually.

This is absurd. Both have good arguments. Brady has been the better playoff QB, but Peyton has 5 MVPs to Brady's 2 and 10(!!) All-Pro appearances to Brady's 3.

I never understand why people on both sides say "there's no argument". That's just silly.

Reactions: 3 people
Compelling case for Peyton: He has now taken four different head coaches to the Super Bowl where Brady has had unprecedented stability in coaching and organization. That's a blessing for Brady's career, not a curse. I'm not saying Brady isn't the GOAT, I'm just saying that it's not so tidy and case-closed as some people would like this debate to be. I, for one, still proclaim championships as overrated in the GOAT discussion because those are overall team accomplishments. Marino was an incredible QB, regardless if he never got a ring. Anyone that watched those Miami games over his career can testify. Dan should definitely be worthy of consideration.

Last edited:
Compelling case for Peyton: He has now taken four different head coaches to the Super Bowl where Brady has had unprecedented stability in coaching and organization. That's a blessing for Brady's career, not a curse. I'm not saying Brady isn't the GOAT, I'm just saying that it's not so tidy and case-closed as some people would like this debate to be. I, for one, still proclaim championships as overrated in the GOAT discussion because those are overall team accomplishments. Marino was an incredible QB, regardless if he never got a ring. Anyone that watched those Miami games over his career can testify. Dan should definitely be worthy of consideration.

So Terry Bradshaw isn't the GOAT? :)

If we're going to "punish" QBs for certain things, then objectively I think you'd have to say Dan Marino is the GOAT. I think he accomplished the most with the least to work with, in an era less friendly to QBs.

If we're going to "punish" QBs for certain things, then objectively I think you'd have to say Dan Marino is the GOAT. I think he accomplished the most with the least to work with, in an era less friendly to QBs.

That's the reason I had Marino second

Just curious, but does anyone know how many HOFers Marino played with? Is it just the Center, Stephenson?

VN Store

Back