GOAT QB Resumes - MY 5

Are you saying BB isn't the GOAT? Dude won 2 titles as a DC and 4 as an HC. Only 1 of those teams didn't have incredible D.

Brady isn't penalized. It's just a qualification. Yes, when evaluating Montana you have to consider he played with Rice and under Walsh. With Manning you have to consider he had great weapons but a carousel of coaches. With Brady you have to recognize he had a great coach and great D. Etc.

Well Manning did have the same great OC his whole career. :)

I agree on all points about Marino. The dude was gonna get his, no matter what...just didn't have a SB team.

I would like to have seen a young Cunningham on a team with a coach that cared about offense a little. Dude was a crazy talent but Buddy did not give 2 sh*ts about the offense. And old Randall was a video game for one year in Minnesota.

I agree on all points about Marino. The dude was gonna get his, no matter what...just didn't have a SB team.

Marino had the quickest release and could throw a 10 yard square-out better than anyone - impossible to cover if you were a DB.

Peyton Manning changed how the quarterback position is played.

My list would be Montana, Peyton, Elway, Aikman & Marino as the five best individual qb's ever.

I see Bradshaw & Brady as the same guy. They had a great organization with stability at the ownership position and coaching staff which lead them both to have somewhat inflated stats.

Steve Young for Honorable Mention (not a starter long enough).

My list would be Montana, Peyton, Elway, Aikman & Marino as the five best individual qb's ever.

I see Bradshaw & Brady as the same guy. They had a great organization with stability at the ownership position and coaching staff which lead them both to have somewhat inflated stats.

No offense, but that's ridiculous, especially when you put Aikman in the same class as the other big 4. Come on man. Aikman is way closer to Bradshaw than Brady ever would be.

Reactions: 1 person
You all are thinking pretty creatively bringing Aikman, Young, Cunningham, Eli into this conversation. And Marino is out. No championships eliminates him.

But, I'll settle it. It's Montana, Elway, Manning, Brady and Unitas as the top 5. Arrange them in any order you'd like. And if I gotta go for a sixth it's Roger Staubach.

Tom Brady is infinitely better than Terry Bradshaw.

Reactions: 3 people
Tom Brady is infinitely better than Terry Bradshaw.

In wife selection?

Seriously, is Brady better at throwing the deep ball? Short passes? Handing off? Qb sneak? They're the same guy imo. Great coach, great defense. Don't know if the Steelers used to blatantly cheat, so I may even be short changing Terry Bradshaw.

In wife selection?

Seriously, is Brady better at throwing the deep ball? Short passes? Handing off? Qb sneak? They're the same guy imo. Great coach, great defense. Don't know if the Steelers used to blatantly cheat, so I may even be short changing Terry Bradshaw.

Brady only has about 31K more passing yards than Bradshaw, 220 more TD passes, and 60 less interceptions. And again you're making yourself look silly considering you pump up Aikman, who is the one who closest resembles Bradshaw.

Reactions: 2 people
What about Steve Young and Troy Aikmen? And Eli?

I think Brady is a clear number 1 when people are truly objective. Beyond that, I'd probably say Montana at 2, Elway at 3, Peyton at 4, and no clue at number 5.

How is Brady a clear number one?

I don't really understand how anyone can rank a greatest of all time. I think all you can do is greatest of your lifetime. I can't rate Unitas because he was way before my time.

My list:
1) Peyton
2) Elway
3) Marino
4) Montana
5) Young

I had a hard time coming up with my #5. I have no doubt Aaron Rodgers will be in this conversation soon.

Surprised no one has mentioned Favre. Is he that far out of the top 5? We've had several other names thrown around.

Surprised no one has mentioned Favre. Is he that far out of the top 5? We've had several other names thrown around.

He's top 10 for me, but I think he was too reckless. If we are talking greatest "gunslinger", yeah he's the best.

Brady only has about 31K more passing yards than Bradshaw, 220 more TD passes, and 60 less interceptions. And again you're making yourself look silly considering you pump up Aikman, who is the one who closest resembles Bradshaw.

I think Brady is better than Bradshaw and I think Bradshaw was a good but not great QB.... How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions would Brady have without the rules changes.... I would love to see him face Haynes and Hayes with the way they use to be allowed to play defense

I think Brady is better than Bradshaw and I think Bradshaw was a good but not great QB.... How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions would Brady have without the rules changes.... I would love to see him face Haynes and Hayes with the way they use to be allowed to play defense

You can make that argument about any modern QB.

You can make that argument about any modern QB.

Yes you can which is why it's impossible to rate against the older QBs....to me Brady's rep took a hit when Cassel went 11-5 with the Pats.... I would rate them:
Manning
Marino
Farve
Montana
Brady/Rogers/Elway

Of QBs I have seen play

Yes you can which is why it's impossible to rate against the older QBs....to me Brady's rep took a hit when Cassel went 11-5 with the Pats.... I would rate them:
Manning
Marino
Farve
Montana
Brady/Rogers/Elway

Of QBs I have seen play

I don't get that at all. They didn't make the playoffs. Is it not as reasonable to think that had Brady played they may have had 2-3 more victories? Let's not act like that's not a big deal.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back