Go Alabama!

I'd never thought I would say this having lived in Alabama since 91(born and raised here and played college ball here) but I'm wanting CJP to win it all, walking in to a recruits house with all those NC rings shows one thing, THIS MAN CAN GET THEM a NC and into the NFL....

I'm all in! Might not be the popular opinion but, it can't hurt and the pub UT will get talking about CJP going to UT is PURE GOLD. Aight?

Sadly, it is likely the only press we are going to get in the playoffs. So as long as Bama is on the field, and especially if their D does wonders, the announcers will be talking about what that will mean when he is at UT.

Reactions: 1 person
Lets root for the alabummers to win the championship! Ok, I cant believe I just said that :sick: but hear me out a bit.

I get those of you who are pissed about our new head coach, remaining with the alabummers through the playoffs. You question his loyalty to us, especially since his background is as a homer for bama. And I know this year its different too because of early recruiting.

But I think you are looking at this all wrong, especially for the longer term.

First, no matter what, recruiting this year is going to be tough. You have the Haslams and our corrupt, inept administration to thank for that. That said, Pruitt has been the #1 recruiter in the COUNTRY for multiple years, so if anyone can turn it around, he can. You can say, its not as easy as recruiting at FSU, Ga or bummer but Pruitt was #1 recruiter at all 3 programs. I think I will trust him just a bit. Also, dont you think recruits he contacts are going to want to talk to a guy who is (was just) in the playoffs? Talk about street cred.

Second, I think it helps with recruiting longer term because guys know that he would not leave them in the lurch. I think that he is willing to stay and not just dart off to his next gig says a lot to the guys who will want to play for him (and their parents).

Last, over the near term, the younger guys coming up will look at how many rings this guy has won. You can say "but he was not HC" all you want but kids are going to see rings. Sadly, we are not even in a bowl game and whether bamma wins another NC or not will not have a major difference on their program. But you cant tell me that Pruitt having another NC ring (even from bamma) wont help with his recruiting over the next 2-3 years as we build our program. Guys will listen because they know he is a winner, not just full of slogans.

In 2-3 years perhaps we can be competing for our own NC rings and his record elsewhere will matter much less. But for now, I think it does and why I will root for Bama to win this - surely moreso than Ga who we do not need to get any stronger, Clemson too for that matter. Okies are the only ones who are far enough away to recruit well away from our wheelhouse.

I want our new coach to be in the best position to build us into a monster that will DESTROY his old team. And to do that, for now, for this one day, I can hope they win a shutout. :clapping:

*EDIT*

Yea, I got on my flame retardant suit. I want them to win Bamma 3, OK - 0. Major Defensive game. Cant see why all of you are Clemson fans. :bammer:

DsLbW72.gif

Good thought now GTFO! No one should ever pull for Alabama! When hell freezes over!

🤮

Im a HUGE CJP fan and am fully on the Pruitt Train. HOWEVER, don’t get it twisted, I hope Alabama and CJP get DESTROYED in the playoff.

Nothing in my being will EVER allow me to cheer for Alabama.

Nothing.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:bammer:

I hadnt seen anyone post it yet, but wouldn't that make some sense as to why Pruitt would stay on? Saban is 65, and has not shown any signs of slowing down or becoming bored. Just a thought...

Not sure what you're trying to say here but how sweet would it be for Saban to head to his lake house permanently after the season.

It's possible...

But more likely JP:

1. Means what he says and wants to honor his commitment.

2. Wants to play for another ring. I doubt this would be an issue if he were in the Music City Bowl or something. Thank god we didn't hire a coach in the Music City bowl.

I could see Saban retiring if he won another...and if I'm JP and know this, and I'm
Taking on his rival's head coaching job, then I'd be doing whatever to get him to retire lol.

But I doubt that's it, I really do. I think our coach's word means something, and I think he wants a challenge.

It's the obligation of his contract and a man keeping his word. Saban has a few more years left in him. Only way he retires before then would be for health reasons or if he feels that he will no longer be winning championships.

Ive read where several bama fans say thanks to UT for letting Pruitt learn to be a HC here for a few years, so Bama can poach him and make him their HC. I do think that's very possible.

Ive read where several bama fans say thanks to UT for letting Pruitt learn to be a HC here for a few years, so Bama can poach him and make him their HC. I do think that's very possible.

If he does then it means he will have won at a very high level while here. I will take that.

I hadnt seen anyone post it yet, but wouldn't that make some sense as to why Pruitt would stay on? Saban is 65, and has not shown any signs of slowing down or becoming bored. Just a thought...

If Pruitt does anything at Tn justifying an offer from bama we'll all be happy. We will offer him a raise and if that doesn't work we'll just hire Gruden or Kelly. No big deal.

Kidding.

Seriously though, we have to get serious about paying what the market will bear if we want to win. Can't be cheap and expect to win the SEC.

Kirby did the same thing. Saben won't leave Bama hanging he will announce it mid season prior to retirement

He doesn’t have to announce anything. He could just tell the AD so they can start getting their ducks in a row.

I don’t think Saban is close to retiring though. 5 more years at least.

I read an opinion today from an Alabama paper that because Pruitt is going to a bitter rival within the league, big boosters would frown deeply on his return as head coach. Sweeney does not have that onus on him.

If that happens Dabo is already hired

Why on earth would Dabo want to come live in Saban’s shadow in the SEC West v. build his own legacy at the dominate program in the ACC?

Bitter slug fest just to win the division v. play Miami to go to the playoffs?

Saban is 66. I heard back in May he extended another 8 years added on to his current deal meaning he’s signed through 2029. Honestly he likely coaches 4 years max then retires. Would be truly shocked if they win the NC this year he shocks the football world and decides its time to step aside....would Dabo leave Clemson and be the new Bama coach should this happen??

Guessing the pecking order from within the saban tree will be Dabo then Dabo again. After that they likely will start going down the big name coaches. Smart would be a fall back choice. Pruitt is way down bamas list.

Why on earth would Dabo want to come live in Saban’s shadow in the SEC West v. build his own legacy at the dominate program in the ACC?

Bitter slug fest just to win the division v. play Miami to go to the playoffs?

Swinney was raised in Pelham, Alabama, and attended the University of Alabama, where he joined the Crimson Tide football program as a walk-on wide receiver in 1989. He earned a scholarship and lettered on three teams (1990–1992), including the Crimson Tide's 1992 National Championship team. During his time as an undergraduate at Alabama, Swinney was twice named an Academic All-SEC and SEC Scholar Athlete Honor Roll member.[1] In three seasons at Alabama, he caught 7 passes for 81 yards.[2] He received his degree in commerce & business administration in 1993 as well as a master's degree in business administration from Alabama in 1995.

and because he said he said this:

Dabo Swinney on the idea of leaving Clemson for Alabama: 'You don't ever say never' - SBNation.com

Last edited:
Saban looks younger than his age. Seems healthy and energetic. Bowden coached until he was 80. I could see Saban coaching for a long time.

Here ya go, OP. This should get that taste ouchyomouth:)

Attachments

• 41KuF5BVnuL._SY400_.jpg
    41KuF5BVnuL._SY400_.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 0
Somebody needs to take the op's VOL card from him...No real VOL would ever root for Alabama for any reason.

VN Store

Back