Go Alabama!

Its not Pruitts d.

I see you say this over and over but do you see any coincidences in:
FSU wins a NC
GA has back to back 10 win season
Alabama is in NC game back to back (and might win this one.

The one common denominator there? Pruitt was DC. Now maaaayyyybee you want to say none of those were his defenses and you may have a point since that represents only the last 5 years. But somehow, I dont think those people hired him only to run plays called by the HC. And surely, having been DC on 3 teams in 5 years fighting for the NC, you might think he knows something about defense on his own.

Now can he put together an entire program at an elite level? remains to be seen. But for sure he knows what one looks like. And lets not pretend that he doesnt have his own defense strategy that he has been implementing. Granted, we dont have the jimmies and joes to run his xs and os just yet but hopefully we will.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I see you say this over and over but do you see any coincidences in:
FSU wins a NC
GA has back to back 10 win season
Alabama is in NC game back to back (and might win this one.

The one common denominator there? Pruitt was DC. Now maaaayyyybee you want to say none of those were his defenses and you may have a point since that represents only the last 5 years. But somehow, I dont think those people hired him only to run plays called by the HC. And surely, having been DC on 3 teams in 5 years fighting for the NC, you might think he knows something about defense on his own.

Now can he put together an entire program at an elite level? remains to be seen. But for sure he knows what one looks like. And lets not pretend that he doesnt have his own defense strategy that he has been implementing. Granted, we dont have the jimmies and joes to run his xs and os just yet but hopefully we will.
Im not saying the guy isnt a good coach. Im saying that Alabama defense is not his defense. Alabamas defense has been dominantlong before JP and it will ve when he leaves. You want to brag about his performance at UGA and FSU? Great, thats alot more accurate than saying this Alabama d is his. Its just the shiny new toy.

Lets root for the alabummers to win the championship! Ok, I cant believe I just said that :sick: but hear me out a bit.

I get those of you who are pissed about our new head coach, remaining with the alabummers through the playoffs. You question his loyalty to us, especially since his background is as a homer for bama. And I know this year its different too because of early recruiting.

But I think you are looking at this all wrong, especially for the longer term.

First, no matter what, recruiting this year is going to be tough. You have the Haslams and our corrupt, inept administration to thank for that. That said, Pruitt has been the #1 recruiter in the COUNTRY for multiple years, so if anyone can turn it around, he can. You can say, its not as easy as recruiting at FSU, Ga or bummer but Pruitt was #1 recruiter at all 3 programs. I think I will trust him just a bit. Also, dont you think recruits he contacts are going to want to talk to a guy who is (was just) in the playoffs? Talk about street cred.

Second, I think it helps with recruiting longer term because guys know that he would not leave them in the lurch. I think that he is willing to stay and not just dart off to his next gig says a lot to the guys who will want to play for him (and their parents).

Last, over the near term, the younger guys coming up will look at how many rings this guy has won. You can say "but he was not HC" all you want but kids are going to see rings. Sadly, we are not even in a bowl game and whether bamma wins another NC or not will not have a major difference on their program. But you cant tell me that Pruitt having another NC ring (even from bamma) wont help with his recruiting over the next 2-3 years as we build our program. Guys will listen because they know he is a winner, not just full of slogans.

In 2-3 years perhaps we can be competing for our own NC rings and his record elsewhere will matter much less. But for now, I think it does and why I will root for Bama to win this - surely moreso than Ga who we do not need to get any stronger, Clemson too for that matter. Okies are the only ones who are far enough away to recruit well away from our wheelhouse.

I want our new coach to be in the best position to build us into a monster that will DESTROY his old team. And to do that, for now, for this one day, I can hope they win a shutout. :clapping:

*EDIT*

Yea, I got on my flame retardant suit. I want them to win Bamma 3, OK - 0. Major Defensive game. Cant see why all of you are Clemson fans. :bammer:

DsLbW72.gif

I am still trying to figure out where you got the "#1 recruiter in the country thing" from ... you know we are able to look that stuff up right?

GOod for Alabama. Don't mean **** for us. yet.

Was good for FSU as well - and while he wasnt #1 as GA DC, they did pull #8 and #6 classes those years he was there. He has recruited 5*s everywhere he has been.

Granted, we wont have an interim report card until after NSD this year and the real report card will be NSD 2019. But based on what he has been doing so far, is there any doubt he can put together a recruiting staff and go after top names? I dont think that is even a serious question. Real challenge will be seeing if he can put a solid offense on the field.

Bump for gametime and to see how many of you have come around to my way of thinking.

Anyone one VN actually want GA to win this?

Bump for gametime and to see how many of you have come around to my way of thinking.

Anyone one VN actually want GA to win this?

I dont want either team to win. But Georgia is dominating Alabama. I think UGA has this game won fairly easily.

I dont want either team to win. But Georgia is dominating Alabama. I think UGA has this game won fairly easily.

Thats all on Hurts IMHO. If Tua had been in from the start, I think the score would be different. Both teams have nasty Defense tho. Awesome to watch...and scary.

VN Store

Back