Glory Johnson talks about Dean Lockwood impact

And there are other undesirable traits too like being self-centered, not a team player, or having a difficult personality. If CHW passed up any highly ranked players, a NFOY for example, who'd made it known they wanted to come to Tenn, because of any of the reasons in this discussion, the fans would have a meltdown and start another Fahr Holly chant. We can't have it both ways.

Exactly, coaches don't have crystal balls and recruiting is always done with incomplete information. When we read the recruiting threads, people on this board focus on rankings, athletic ability, and size, not the intangible factors that may have positive or negative impacts once the player is on campus. When Te'a signed, none of the posters I recall were worried about her personality or ability to get along with others.

Reactions: 2 people
We'll praise her too, when she deserves that.

Some won't praise her. And she's done plenty that's praiseworthy since she's been at TN...especially since Pat got sick. I haven't seen it except from a few. It's why I started commenting on this board because of all the unanswered Holly bashing.

Reactions: 1 person
who hasn't bad mouthed the coaches on here? When you take the reins of the best team in the country and lead it in a downward spiral, you get what you deserve.

2011 - 2014 were successful years. I didn't see a lot of praise on here.

A successful season had been Final Fours and championships.

Now a successful season is considered Sweet 16 and Elite 8 upset losses?

30 wins, SEC Season & Tournament Championships, Elite 8's, End of year Top 5 ranking.

See, bunch of naysayers. If they'd not been plagued by injuries and made the Final 4, it would be something else.

Because she's replacing a LEGEND, there's almost no way the fan base will ever accept her shy of a miracle.

Reactions: 10 people
30 wins, SEC Season & Tournament Championships, Elite 8's, End of year Top 5 ranking.

See, bunch of naysayers. If they'd not been plagued by injuries and made the Final 4, it would be something else.

Because she's replacing a LEGEND, there's almost no way the fan base will ever accept her shy of a miracle.

If you want to be satisfied with mediocrity, then be my guest. I won't be.

If you want to be satisfied with mediocrity, then be my guest. I won't be.

Pat Summitt - arguably the GOAT - had about 15 years where she didn't get to a Final 4. Oh my, all those years of mediocrity at a legendary program like Tennessee*. Too bad it's too late to call for her job.

Reactions: 4 people
Pat Summitt - arguably the GOAT - had about 15 years where she didn't get to a Final 4. Oh my, all those years of mediocrity at a legendary program like Tennessee*. Too bad it's too late to call for her job.

Settlement was building a program. Coach Holly warlick is taking a program that was already built and running the program. Huge difference.

Not completely accurate CHATTVOL... Just before the 1974–75 season, with women's college basketball still in its infancy and not yet an NCAA-sanctioned sport, 22-year-old Summitt became a graduate assistant at the University of Tennessee, and was named head coach of the Lady Vols after the previous coach suddenly quit. The 1981–82 season featured the first ever NCAA Women's basketball tournament. The Lady Vols were one of 32 teams invited and named a 2 seed in their region. In the region championship, the Lady Vols upset top-seeded USC 91–90 in overtime to advance to the Final Four. They lost their Final Four match-up with Louisiana Tech, which went on to win the tournament.[

Not completely accurate CHATTVOL... Just before the 1974–75 season, with women's college basketball still in its infancy and not yet an NCAA-sanctioned sport, 22-year-old Summitt became a graduate assistant at the University of Tennessee, and was named head coach of the Lady Vols after the previous coach suddenly quit. The 1981–82 season featured the first ever NCAA Women's basketball tournament. The Lady Vols were one of 32 teams invited and named a 2 seed in their region. In the region championship, the Lady Vols upset top-seeded USC 91–90 in overtime to advance to the Final Four. They lost their Final Four match-up with Louisiana Tech, which went on to win the tournament.[

Not sure of your point? My 15 years may be off 1 or 2. My point was that getting to a Final 4 is not easy for any team and it is certainly not the only thing that defines success. Otherwise, TN went through a lot of unsuccessful years.

If it were me coaching this team I would expect the same exact expectations.

That almost sounds fair, except that you're not coaching this team. They are not "your girls", Jumper. You don't have anything at risk.

Just maybe dial it back a notch so that you're not drawing a line in the sand with expectations that are subject to a hundred possible factors.

The real negavols don't need our help. If anything, they need some balance.

Reactions: 6 people
Not sure of your point? My 15 years may be off 1 or 2. My point was that getting to a Final 4 is not easy for any team and it is certainly not the only thing that defines success. Otherwise, TN went through a lot of unsuccessful years.

Depends on how you see unsuccessful years...There was not a Final 4 until 81-82 and they won it all that year. Can't believe that in those 10 years prior to 81-82 they were unsuccessful.

That almost sounds fair, except that you're not coaching this team. They are not "your girls", Jumper. You don't have anything at risk.

Just maybe dial it back a notch so that you're not drawing a line in the sand with expectations that are subject to a hundred possible factors.

The real negavols don't need our help. If anything, they need some balance.

actually, it is time to dial it up a notch, Chatt,,,it's been five years. This is year six.

I risk in that I am in the eye of the Volnation that follows women's BB, the coaching staff, the administration, the media, the AAU onlookers and my own friends and family.

I want that spotlight.
It doesn't intimidate me.
CHW has to want that spotlight as well.

And yes, they are my girls and this is my program. And Coach Warlick is my coach. And if you don't think in that same way...Check your reasoning at the door.

Last edited:
actually, it is time to dial it up a notch, Chatt,,,it's been five years. This is year six.

I risk in that I am in the eye of the Volnation that follows women's BB, the coaching staff, the administration, the media, the AAU onlookers and my own friends and family.

I want that spotlight.
It doesn't intimidate me.
CHW has to want that spotlight as well.

And yes, they are my girls and this is my program. And Coach Warlick is my coach. And if you don't think in that same way...Check your reasoning at the door.

I like this original edit so much better. Lol

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back