Give the Ladies Credit Because It Is Due

I couldn't catch the game but from highlights it shows the team is sharing the ball and communicating more often.

I saw something else I don't typically see: smiles.

It appears they are gelling and having fun.

I'm excited for the rest of the season. The play reminds me of the roll we were on at the end of last season, except Nared is really emerging as an ice-cold scoring threat!

Yay!

Reactions: 1 person
I couldn't catch the game but from highlights it shows the team is sharing the ball and communicating more often.

I saw something else I don't typically see: smiles.

It appears they are gelling and having fun.

I'm excited for the rest of the season. The play reminds me of the roll we were on at the end of last season, except Nared is really emerging as an ice-cold scoring threat!

Yay!

If you notice, you will see the same thing emanating from the staff...Gelling, smiles, having a little fun.

Glad we won but the problem we keep running into is lack of consistency. We have played 7 ranked teams and have a 4-3 record YET we have 7 total losses meaning MORE of our losses are to unranked teams than ranked teams. If we can rattle off wins in our next 7 games which are ALL against unranked teams and LOOK GOOD and consistent doing it, then that would be a positive step in the right direction I could get behind.

Right as rain in April here^^^^^

The ladies played great and deserved to win the game. The coaching staff turned off the aggression way to early again. You can't shut it down at the 4 minute mark guys.

Great win all parties get credit.

Not to put a negative out there but most of Diamonds turnovers this season has been passes that her teammates weren't ready for. It's not a knock on her but it's just her court vision sometimes gets the best of her if her teammates aren't ready to receive the pass. Other than that she is still the best all around player in the country. imo.

Wow, when Diamond is properly motivated (nothing like high-school rivals to get the engine roaring), watch out.

This was a cohesive team effort. Solid coaching, focused play, good communication and smart choices. Jamie is a legit star in full beast mode. She's such a smooth operator. Her game is a joy to behold. Mercedes held her own and was tough. I think she needed a spell or two, and Nunn deserved the opportunity to shine against the best post team in then SEC.

Alexa, yes. Where has this overall game been? Is Coach Jumper's help kicking in?

We're still a great point guard away. If Holly can convince Reynolds to stop hoisting bricks, we'll be fine going forward.

Great win. Go Lady Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
Really, nobody had a dud game last night. It was a team win and it was fun to watch. The positive momentum can carry us far if the ladies can keep playing with the same focus and intensity.

And cred to SCAR for the "We Back Pat" tribute. Classy gesture from Dawn and the Lady Gamecocks.

Reactions: 2 people
I have been on Holly the last 2 year's so i will give the credit but this does show the talent we got so it's hard to take a 20 point blow out loss to a unranked team, so today i:salute: Holly.

DD has been "woke up" for pretty much this whole season.

It was a different area of our "makeup" that needed a little attention.

You do not mind if I disagree now do you COACH ? Just how did she play in the 7 losses ? This was her best game in the time she has been at UT .

Nared and Deshields are playing at another level vs the rest of the team. If we could get Russell,Jackson, Middleton, and Reynolds to another level in effort were not losing another game this regular season.

I was thinking the same thing after reading that post.

I will not say anything negative about Holly, she has to continue to pump these ladies up and help them to believe they can be what their pedigree says they are. Last night was the most pumped up I have ever seen Holly. Her subbing was very good and she actually did some in game coaching. I hope she and the ladies maintain this same attitude for the rest of the year. This is the formula they will need to buy into for the rest of the season.:good!:

This cannot be argued.

Yes it can and rather successfully unless one believes that the whole reason the LV's have lost games is because of Holly. I don't believe that is true for one second. It is just the nega vol mantra being thrown about like it is a fact. Believe what you will but prepare for an argument from those who know better.

Reactions: 3 people
Nared and Deshields are playing at another level vs the rest of the team. If we could get Russell,Jackson, Middleton, and Reynolds to another level in effort were not losing another game this regular season.

I think Russell is right up there with Nared and Deshields. She was rock solid against SC.

Reactions: 2 people
I think Russell is right up there with Nared and Deshields. She was rock solid against SC.

Yeah, it's really too bad that Dean Lockwood is no good at developing post players, because Russell was so much better when she was a freshman!

Jim

Reactions: 6 people
Yeah, it's really too bad that Dean Lockwood is no good at developing post players, because Russell was so much better when she was a freshman!

Jim

You are forgetting, that by definition, M.R.'s improvement must be despite the coaching staff.

Remember, all things good about the LVs are the players overcoming the coaching staff's directives to only sit around and eat Krispy Kreme donuts.

Reactions: 5 people

Your opinion not mine she is far from where she could be still to soft in the post does not rebound enough. She did most of her scoring with Wilson and Coates were on the bench. She is playing well this season but she has a lot more in her if she gets tougher and plays with more intensity on the court.

Your opinion not mine she is far from where she could be still to soft in the post does not rebound enough. She did most of her scoring with Wilson and Coates were on the bench. She is playing well this season but she has a lot more in her if she gets tougher and plays with more intensity on the court.

Coates played the entire 2nd half and was matched up against MR. Russell scored 8 points and grabbed 9 rebounds against her in 20 minutes.

Not sure what more you expect her to do against a player that is projected to be the #1 WNBA pick in this class.

Reactions: 4 people
Great coaching job Holly and Staff!

I've been very critical of this coaching staff since holly was appointed coach. I hope that this win will be the start of something good. Having no legit recruits last year will make it difficult. Maybe this years class can make up for that failure. Good win hopefully we can go forward and end this season with a good finish.

I think Mercedes is playing pretty well. I've come to accept she's not going to reach the heights I had originally had for her when she came in as a Freshman. Maybe those expectations were unrealistic to begin with, maybe she was overrated, or maybe the coaching staff doesn't do a great job developing players. The only player I can think of that seemed to have a clear arc of improvement over 4 years since our 2008 championship is Izzy Harrison. Some of that may be because we get talented players and there isn't a ton of room to grow because they are already good, but unfortunately I also think a lot of blame has to be on the coaching staff.

I think Mercedes is playing pretty well. I've come to accept she's not going to reach the heights I had originally had for her when she came in as a Freshman. Maybe those expectations were unrealistic to begin with, maybe she was overrated, or maybe the coaching staff doesn't do a great job developing players. The only player I can think of that seemed to have a clear arc of improvement over 4 years since our 2008 championship is Izzy Harrison. Some of that may be because we get talented players and there isn't a ton of room to grow because they are already good, but unfortunately I also think a lot of blame has to be on the coaching staff.

I had similar expectations but I realize now that Russell is a finesse post. She doesn't like contact.

VN Store

Back