Give the Ladies Credit Because It Is Due

First, and foremost, I want to congratulate the Lady Vols on an outstanding game and wish them the best for the remainder of the season!! With that said, Holly still needs to go! She is NOT the long term answer to this program. Holly can recruit but cannot coach which has been proven over the last several years! Our players deserve better! Go Vols!

Well lets see. Holly out coached Dawn tonight and she out coached Muffet a couple weeks ago. I think she's doing pretty good. Who do you suggest we get?

Reactions: 5 people
Congrats to the Ladies & to Holly Warlick. I'll give credit just as I criticize. Maybe, just maybe they have found their identity and confidence. I sure hope so. Great job Ladies!

Reactions: 1 person
Well lets see. Holly out coached Dawn tonight and she out coached Muffet a couple weeks ago. I think she's doing pretty good. Who do you suggest we get?

You are correct but she has been out coached by about 35 coaches over the last several years! With the talent she has recruited she has drastically underperformed, bottom line. This cannot be argued. As far as a replacement, I leave that up to the administration. Hopefully they will make a better decesion than last time!

Excellent win all the way around. This team can be exceptional when the big 3 show up. Tonight they were magnificent.

Well, if Coach Jumper is working or has worked with Middleton...looks like Tennessee is beginning to enjoy the fruits of his labor! For the most part, she seems to be gaining confidence and finding her shot!

I did work with AM.
I believe our workout did impact her play.
And I hope to work with several this summer.
Or the whole team next winter.

Volnation is, and has been, a good way to keep me in high profile,,But for me to accomplish my goal, I have to prove my worth to this org.

I am working hard to do just that.

I did work with AM.
I believe our workout did impact her play.
And I hope to work with several this summer.
Or the whole team next winter.

Volnation is, and has been, a good way to keep me in high profile,,But for me to accomplish my goal, I have to prove my worth to this org.

I am working hard to do just that.

Boom!

I really thought that this was their best game of the year. There is no reason why we cannot run the table for the season or come damn near. Tonight they hustled, played like they wanted to win and showed great effort.:good!:

TLV can beat any top ranked team in the country even Uconn. It's
the bottom feeders they let down on.
Beware the LSU and GA game , where Mr. Hyde show up.
MSU almost lost to them and will bite the dust in the rematch.
Dr. Jekyll needs to leave the formula alone.

Really proud of the Ladies. Many had written them off but they still had to play the game and PLAY they did. I won't predict anything brash but I do believe they will be very hard to beat if they keep up this play. This was a big win and this team is maturing. Whether they are peaking or not is still to be determined but what a win in a really difficult place to play right now.

This was the LVs first game where our big three had their A games going. Actually, Diamond was an A+ tonight. If only she had to play against her main high school rival every night.
Mercedes clearly got a boost from SCÂ’s Wilson and Coates getting into foul trouble. But the LVs made the situation happen by attacking the rim and being very aggressive in hitting the boards.

And Alexa came through with several timely clutch shots.

The LVs played excellent defense, particularly in the stretches where they were not hitting shots.

Although SCÂ’s press was not as swarming as AuburnÂ’s, the LVs handled it very well.

The only asterisk on this win was the LV bungling offensive possessions when they tried to seal the game. The plan of “working the clock” seemed to break the flow of their offense. So, there is something to be learned from that almost game costing error.

But, another fantastic Big Monday for the LVs!

I have to wonder whether Diamond and Davis was as much of a big deal as some made it out to be. Maybe Diamond has found her place on the team and is now turning into a dominant (team) player. No reason the words dominant and team have to be mutually exclusive.

Reactions: 4 people
This was the LVs first game where our big three had their A games going.

And it was pretty awesome to watch. Would love to see a precedent set for that level of play. Bench was short but effective as well which was really great so see.

Credit given. Just be consistent. I've been a big critic of DD. it's about time she play to her potential. Who or what woke her up? GLV!!

This team is really starting to come together and gel. I bet they wish they could get those 3 sec losses back.

HUGE win. Questionable call on that foul with 8 secs left...but it doesn't guarantee South Carolina wins it if it goes the other way. Still...a BIG win on the road vs an 18-1 team ranked 4th in the country. It shows this team DOES have the talent...and it makes u wonder how we lost 7 games already. At any rate...that was an old school Pat Summitt type win. Coming into a top schools gym and coming out with a win.

Johnny ,you sound like ESPNw..........late call ,controversial call.
As if this was the reason for the Lady Vols epic victory. Keep in mind
that it was the fourteen other fouls on Nared and five on DD that kept their starting five in foul trouble and off the court that was the turn of events.
Besides that's not what is meant by 'moving your feet on defense'.:yes:

Reactions: 2 people
Glad we won but the problem we keep running into is lack of consistency. We have played 7 ranked teams and have a 4-3 record YET we have 7 total losses meaning MORE of our losses are to unranked teams than ranked teams. If we can rattle off wins in our next 7 games which are ALL against unranked teams and LOOK GOOD and consistent doing it, then that would be a positive step in the right direction I could get behind.

That's twice you've said that now. But, when your bump a player hard enough to knock her off her feet, I, personally, have a hard time understanding how you call the foul questionable. But then, I guess you think the no call on Coates late in the 4th quarter where they awarded the ball to SC was a good call, too.

Jim

I hate when some ppl use the word "questionable" it's a foul, period! she was moving with the ball and never fell on her own. Someone knocked her down,whether is off feet or little bump, it get her to fell and ref can never call it travel because it made a contact with a player and fell.

No matter what you think the ladies played their butt off. Diamond was a jewel. These ladies showed up tonight. I am proud of the swag you showed tonight.
Outstanding performance by these young ladies. A tip of the hat to each and everyone of you:hi:! Extremely proud of you effort last night. Most enjoyable game to watch!

Reactions: 3 people
It was a great win. Maybe holly is beginning to understand that she has to step up her game, and that Volnation is not going to sit by and take year after year of subpar basketball from this proud program. She has a great class coming in. If CPF is announced as the AD, he is not going to fire her anytime soon, so this is what we have for at least next year, probably longer! Maybe she can step up her game and make this program respectable again! I have to admit, it was still a little embarrassing watching our team celebrate after beating SC the way that SC used to celebrate after they beat us! (Oh, that's right, they never did beat us back in the day!!!)

VN Store

Back