Game Thread: Tennessee (17-10, 10-5 SEC) @ #1/#1 South Carolina (24-0, 14-0 SEC) 3/3/24 12:00 pm EST ESPN

Apparently. Unless someone just wants to come out of the warmth of their heart. That explains why we make the finals for so many but don't end up getting them.

We are able to scrape together enough to get and keep the occassional elite out of the portal. Our donors are more likely to pony up for a proven commodity.

Someone is breaking their fingers right now typing that all of that is just the latest excuse. But it's one side of it, as told by those who ought to know.
How about the one making 1M+ coach them up. Recruits/transfers will flock to be developed and endorsed.

Reactions: Deebowbear
Apparently. Unless someone just wants to come out of the warmth of their heart. That explains why we make the finals for so many but don't end up getting them.

We are able to scrape together enough to get and keep the occassional elite out of the portal. Our donors are more likely to pony up for a proven commodity.

Someone is breaking their fingers right now typing that all of that is just the latest excuse. But it's one side of it, as told by those who ought to know.
Should be interesting portal season. We have to do good or most of us will have to leave this board. Coaches go into next season with what is coming back we probably will be in the second part of the SEC. We at least need the best point guard we can get and as close as we can get to Rickea 2.0 and better line up at least a decent post player even if Tamari comes back.

Reactions: DarkPhoenix

You're stating facts, unfortunately.

Reactions: glv98
So we won’t get any elite players because everyone else is giving better Nil deals?
Tennessee is trying to implement some sort of non profit organization fund that would pay towards NIL and other athletic needed things. I guess the Article said 11 of the 14 SEC schools had that in place already and Tennessee isn't one of them. How recruiting around the league has been looking this has to affecting some schools in a very positive way. Some elite recruits are picking programs nobody would think they would pick.

Should be interesting portal season. We have to do good or most of us will have to leave this board. Coaches go into next season with what is coming back we probably will be in the second part of the SEC. We at least need the best point guard we can get and as close as we can get to Rickea 2.0 and better line up at least a decent post player even if Tamari comes back.
Sounds like same team this year be fun to watch

She's already used up 5 years, 2 at Southern Cal, 2 at Oregon, and now 1 at TAMU.
I really don't know who were talking about actually. Someone said A&M point guard. We would be looking for a two years to play point guard. I just assumed she had a year left.

Can we get JuJu and her coach as package deal?
I’m going to say nobody wants to come here coaches and players if the NIL is like what they are saying. I’d say DW couldn’t find one that would, that’s why Kellie is staying

Tennessee is trying to implement some sort of non profit organization fund that would pay towards NIL and other athletic needed things. I guess the Article said 11 of the 14 SEC schools had that in place already and Tennessee isn't one of them. How recruiting around the league has been looking this has to affecting some schools in a very positive way. Some elite recruits are picking programs nobody would think they would pick.
My understanding of that was Plowman and Boyd asked the Board of Trustees for permission to set up a fund thru which athlete salaries would be paid in the future. Other SEC schools looking into it too, but no one has actually done it bc it's not yet legal for schools to directly pay.. It's preperation for what the schools anticipate to be coming next now that NCAA is all but dead. They think it's going to end up with schools paying set salaries, with players still free to pursue their own actual NIL deals thru collectives.

Interestingly, almost all involved openly admit that will end many athletic departments at smaller schools. C'est le vie. Also widely assumed the biggest and richest and football lovingest schools will go out into their own super conference of nfl development.

Last edited:
I’m going to say nobody wants to come here coaches and players if the NIL is like what they are saying. I’d say DW couldn’t find one that would, that’s why Kellie is staying
Rickea came here so someone can take her NIL money. Powell is leaving don't know how much she makes. Other than those two would have to be new money.

VN Store

Back