Game Thread: Tennessee (17-10, 10-5 SEC) @ #1/#1 South Carolina (24-0, 14-0 SEC) 3/3/24 12:00 pm EST ESPN

To get the best you are going to have to convince them in one of a few ways:
1) Lots of money but I read on VN, No decent NIL program for the WBB
2) Convince them you are going to win NC
3) Convince them the staff is going to develop them for NBA and this is the best place for that

Which of the 3 above do you think is a winning argument to convince a star to come to Rocky Top next year?
I don’t get into all that nil debate on here, I say if the player is elite they will get Nil deals regardless of which school they go to. So u think of Juju Watkins chose to come here she would t get all the Nil deal she has, Taco Bell, Mercedes, Celsius and Wells Fargo?
I'd try and get the pg from A&M, she's legit.
this is her 5th year

To get the best you are going to have to convince them in one of a few ways:
1) Lots of money but I read on VN, No decent NIL program for the WBB
2) Convince them you are going to win NC
3) Convince them the staff is going to develop them for NBA and this is the best place for that

Which of the 3 above do you think is a winning argument to convince a star to come to Rocky Top next year?
CKH has shown she can’t win with less. Everything else is a moot point.

Last edited:
Hard to know how to feel about this one, except glad it's over. Never thought it would be this close this time and more than ever I think SC is beatable. LVs fought hard, never quit, never got rattled. Moral victory or whatever, I think it gives the team confidence they can play with anyone, bc they just did, three times. So lots to be happy about.

But then it's so frustrating bc we actually could have won all three games. So close and yet so far. Creek is right, everything has to fall into place perfectly and it freaking never does. Some of our talent deficeits let us down on just a few missed shots, a few t.o.s, getting beat to a couple of rebounds and that's it, chance gone. I guess it will finally come together when enough of our talent deficeits play well at the same time. You feel like at some point, that has to happen.

Underperformance fm the usually reliable Sara today. TK cannot, at this point, compete with Kamilla, or probably anyone near her size. She still helps us a ton, but not in these games. Tough girl fighting thru that nose job! Thought Jill fought hard but struggled to score. The announcers, in the brief time they actually talked about the game, thought the use of Striplin was a good move. I didn't think it made a ton of difference.

Love Jewel, she reminds me so much physically of Kara Lawson, only with a happier childhood. But it's clear she has work to do to consistently score against the best SEC talent. She was kinda today's JP, was a little forcey. Jewel does rebound well for her size, and I like seeing her handle the ball more. Really, really need her to step up for the SEC tourney. Glad she had a little success scoring today.

Good bounceback by JP, happy for her. Controled the game well. Still didn't shoot great, no one did. Does JP get credit for holding Raven scoreless? Raven did have 8 reb and 4 assts, but was 0-6 fm the floor. Also Pao Pao just 2 3 ptrs.

Our defense as a whole was pretty darn good, except in the post where we clearly are unable to guard Kamilla at all.

I usually don't reply to a game thread, but Tennessee proved that they could win games in the NCAA and SEC tournament. Your girls played well and that's not a moral victory. It's a confidence builder. The depth was not an issue for you guys today as much as it has been. It's positive moving forward and that's what you need at this point of the season. You had me worried through the whole game but especially in the 4th when we usually put teams away. Well played.

I don’t get into all that nil debate on here, I say if the player is elite they will get Nil deals regardless of which school they go to. So u think of Juju Watkins chose to come here she would t get all the Nil deal she has, Taco Bell, Mercedes, Celsius and Wells Fargo?

this is her 5th year
That sucks, we have to get 2 pgs in theportal

Hard to know how to feel about this one, except glad it's over. Never thought it would be this close this time and more than ever I think SC is beatable. LVs fought hard, never quit, never got rattled. Moral victory or whatever, I think it gives the team confidence they can play with anyone, bc they just did, three times. So lots to be happy about.

But then it's so frustrating bc we actually could have won all three games. So close and yet so far. Creek is right, everything has to fall into place perfectly and it freaking never does. Some of our talent deficeits let us down on just a few missed shots, a few t.o.s, getting beat to a couple of rebounds and that's it, chance gone. I guess it will finally come together when enough of our talent deficeits play well at the same time. You feel like at some point, that has to happen.

Underperformance fm the usually reliable Sara today. TK cannot, at this point, compete with Kamilla, or probably anyone near her size. She still helps us a ton, but not in these games. Tough girl fighting thru that nose job! Thought Jill fought hard but struggled to score. The announcers, in the brief time they actually talked about the game, thought the use of Striplin was a good move. I didn't think it made a ton of difference.

Love Jewel, she reminds me so much physically of Kara Lawson, only with a happier childhood. But it's clear she has work to do to consistently score against the best SEC talent. She was kinda today's JP, was a little forcey. Jewel does rebound well for her size, and I like seeing her handle the ball more. Really, really need her to step up for the SEC tourney. Glad she had a little success scoring today.

Good bounceback by JP, happy for her. Controled the game well. Still didn't shoot great, no one did. Does JP get credit for holding Raven scoreless? Raven did have 8 reb and 4 assts, but was 0-6 fm the floor. Also Pao Pao just 2 3 ptrs.

Our defense as a whole was pretty darn good, except in the post where we clearly are unable to guard Kamilla at all.
Now do u see why I thought we could win?

Dawn used a lot of 4 guard offense today. When ask in the press she said they have only used that lineup in practice. She also said the lineup was due to team rules/ Looks like Raven and Kitts broke them. Powell played better today i think. Don't get me wrong not sold on Spear, I just think she is a bit overrated we can agree to disagree.

Rickea gets her own post today. What a game, just not enough of a team to even put on her back today. I do wish she hadn't missed those fts and got stripped when we had it down to 3. OTOH, we wouldn't have been in striking distance without her obviously. Love when she pulls all the tricks out of her big bag, will forever love the one foot fadeaway. W coaches got a show again. She's improved her all round game so much. 3 blocks today! Gimme that sh*t!

Rickea should be SEC POW w 26/7 and 29/8 this week. Good bookend finish to the season, she won the first one I believe. Really amazing what RJ accomplished today and lately considering the beating she's taking. Just please sweet baby jesus don't let her get hurt again,

Rickea is definitely on a roll and has always played well in the SEC tourney. I've said all week, I don't hate having the extra game Thursday, tho TAM is making a game of it against Bama as I type. Also, I'm almost kinda looking forward to a 3rd times a charm rematch w SC on Saturday.

Last edited:

this is her 5th year
Ju Ju is not typical and you know it. You're right, she could donate her salary or signing bonus and be fine. But that's not true for 90% of even the most elite recruits. They don't and won't have those kind of national endorsements. So they do want an upfront payday, which
apparently the LVs struggle to provide.

That's similar to folks who say Clark won't take a pay cut by going to the W bc her many endorsements travel. Hers do, but almost everyone else won't have those in the W. That's why they have to go overseas.

No. L.A. market creates those opportunities.

Ju Ju is not typical and you know it. You're right, she could donate her salary or signing bonus and be fine. But that's not true for 90% of even the most elite recruits. They don't and won't have those kind of national endorsements. So they do want an upfront payday, which

That's similar to folks who say Clark won't take a pay cut by going to the W bc her many endorsements travel. Hers do, but almost everyone else won't have those in the W. That's why they have to go overseas.
So we won’t get any elite players because everyone else is giving better Nil deals?

So we won’t get any elite players because everyone else is giving better Nil deals?
Apparently. Unless someone just wants to come out of the warmth of their heart. That explains why we make the finals for so many but don't end up getting them.

We are able to scrape together enough to get and keep the occassional elite out of the portal. Our donors are more likely to pony up for a proven commodity.

Someone is breaking their fingers right now typing that all of that is just the latest excuse. But it's one side of it, as told by those who ought to know.

VN Store

Back