Game Thread: Tennessee (16-10, 9-5 SEC) vs Texas A&M (18-9, 6-8 SEC) 2/29/24 7:00 pm EST SEC Network

With all the gear holding her arm together, I don't think we are seeing the best version of Jill. Hopefully, there are some offseason treatments that can get her back to 100%.
She also was out against MTSU due to concussion protocol, and we don’t know to what extent that may have impacted some of her on court decision making. She’s looked better over the last few games though there’s still room for improvement. That shoulder brace she wears is substantial. I have a lot of faith in Jill, so I’m also hopeful this summer she is able to rehab and get back to playing her best.

She also was out against MTSU due to concussion protocol, and we don’t know to what extent that may have impacted some of her on court decision making. She’s looked better over the last few games though there’s still room for improvement. That shoulder brace she wears is substantial. I have a lot of faith in Jill, so I’m also hopeful this summer she is able to rehab and get back to playing her best.
I'd already forgotten that we not only didn't have Rickea in that MTSU game, but no Jillian either. And Key was only able to go for 13 minutes, well below what she can do now.

Not sure mc. She was running really well vs TAMU, no braces on the legs, just that stretchy sleeve that a lot of them wear. She looked 100% lower body-wise.

That's a pretty bulky brace on her non-shooting arm. She doesn't raise the arm very well, even has an uncomfortable swing to it when she runs. I think it's a shoulder, and I think it significantly affects her shooting touch and ability to rebound aggressively.
JJUST asked think Jill had an minor knee surgery before coming here.
Never know once someone hurts a knee and surgery if it will hold up for the player
But her wheels seen find running her and the coaches would know more. And team medical staff

Reactions: Lucy
Totally, coaching has ask her to play 5 spot which she has done well even though undersized for that and they totally forgot they recruited her as a 3/4. Coaching staff has been totally unfair with her minutes even though Kellie calls her the hardest worker on the team. Good recruiting look , come play for us and share bench time.
Undersized at the 5 and does not have the foot speed nor lateral quickness to guard the 3 or 4 spot. So it's a pick your poison type situation. Pat Summitt used to call Sydney Smallbone her hardest worker on one of her teams. Great; that is what she demonstrated every day among her peers and how she contributed to the team. Didn't mean she had the talent level to play 25+ minutes per game. Hard work doesn't always get you the playing time you think it deserves. You do have to have some natural gifts as well to compete at this level.

Undersized at the 5 and does not have the foot speed nor lateral quickness to guard the 3 or 4 spot. So it's a pick your poison type situation. Pat Summitt used to call Sydney Smallbone her hardest worker on one of her teams. Great; that is what she demonstrated every day among her peers and how she contributed to the team. Didn't mean she had the talent level to play 25+ minutes per game. Hard work doesn't always get you the playing time you think it deserves. You do have to have some natural gifts as well to compete at this level.
Guess we will have to disagree, she plays better defense than Darby and she can shoot the 3, if she did not have the skill to play a 3 or 4 then the coaching staff should NOT have recruited her as a 3. I have never said she needs to play 30 plus but she definitely deserves more than the 3 to 5 she gets especially when forwards get much more playing time shooting less than 30%. When given the opportunity she has multiple double digit scoring games with a higher shooting percentage. Today it will be said Puckett, key and Jackson so tired, play your bench more and they will be fresher today. At one point 20 point lead or more and mostly starters. Hollinshead not that good defensively either but still get considerable time .

Guess we will have to disagree, she plays better defense than Darby and she can shoot the 3, if she did not have the skill to play a 3 or 4 then the coaching staff should NOT have recruited her as a 3. I have never said she needs to play 30 plus but she definitely deserves more than the 3 to 5 she gets especially when forwards get much more playing time shooting less than 30%. When given the opportunity she has multiple double digit scoring games with a higher shooting percentage. Today it will be said Puckett, key and Jackson so tired, play your bench more and they will be fresher today. At one point 20 point lead or more and mostly starters. Hollinshead not that good defensively either but still get considerable time .

VN Store

Back