Game Thread: Tennessee (16-10, 9-5 SEC) vs Texas A&M (18-9, 6-8 SEC) 2/29/24 7:00 pm EST SEC Network

It's really not impossible for us to get that high. Last night's win moved us up a couple spots to #36 in the NET, and Oklahoma is now #25, so we have ourselves a top 25 NET win! And with Texas A&M now at #42 they're simulanteously our 2nd best win and our worst loss (it had been Ole Miss as our worst loss for a while, but they've climbed up to #39).

Looking again at Charlie's other 7 seeds, I still think our resume is slightly better than Michigan State's. Florida State might still be slightly ahead of us since they beat us in the H2H and they have a better win (#14 Virginia Tech) but two losses outside the top 50, including one at home. I'd put us ahead of Ole Miss, whose resume is actually very similar to ours. They beat us in the H2H but our SOS is so much better and they lost to a team outside the top 100. Duke has the puzzling losses to Davidson and Clemson but they're playing well at the right time. We could certainly pass them, though, depending on how conference tournaments go down.

I am beginning to believe net rankings has less to do with AP rankings than wins and blowout wins against cupcakes
With Texas and Oklahoma Coming in next yeaR bye wIll be gone in th the SEC tournament next year more than likely right?
Won and lost record is big helps some playing a hard schedule but teams playing teams with their five worst players could win get rewarded more

It's really not impossible for us to get that high. Last night's win moved us up a couple spots to #36 in the NET, and Oklahoma is now #25, so we have ourselves a top 25 NET win! And with Texas A&M now at #42 they're simulanteously our 2nd best win and our worst loss (it had been Ole Miss as our worst loss for a while, but they've climbed up to #39).

Looking again at Charlie's other 7 seeds, I still think our resume is slightly better than Michigan State's. Florida State might still be slightly ahead of us since they beat us in the H2H and they have a better win (#14 Virginia Tech) but two losses outside the top 50, including one at home. I'd put us ahead of Ole Miss, whose resume is actually very similar to ours. They beat us in the H2H but our SOS is so much better and they lost to a team outside the top 100. Duke has the puzzling losses to Davidson and Clemson but they're playing well at the right time. We could certainly pass them, though, depending on how conference tournaments go down.
Seven Better than Eight or Nine Seed .
Ten Seed better than the 8/9 seed NCAA tournament getting a # one seed second round NCAA tournament

I think were starting to get locked into the 8 or 9 unless we win something big going forward.
I agree. They aren't done playing, and it's highly likely that they will finish the season with two more losses (and no more than two wins). It probably helps them to have Alabama with the SEC #4 seed because getting another win under the belt will help. I don't know if they would beat Alabama in a rematch though.

Reactions: Volfan2012
If we beat Alabama wil that get us up to a seven seed
We more than likely need help from other teams to Get out of playing a # one on their court?
if we play SC a single digit game and then win two in the tourney it might. Don't know how much credit we'll get for having the number one sos in the country. Also if Oklahoma keeps moving up that would help some as well.

They are playing some of their best ball right now. Would be great if the Spear that showed up last night would stay awhile. And, as was noted on here by several after the LSU game, getting the ball to RJ a lot pays off. Who says Kellie doesn't read this site.
Because she doesn’t and if she ever did, she would continue to do what she has been doing.

I just know Rickea talked about getting a lick back after losing to a team, I know our roster isn’t that good but I know we can beat them, I’m not like everyone else that thinks Sc is unbeatable, I’ve seen enough of them to know they aren’t what most people think they are.
I just wish we were as bad and as beatable as South Carolina!!!

How about our loss to Middle Tennessee State? That has to be drag on our net ratings. That should have never happened.

How about our loss to Middle Tennessee State? That has to be drag on our net ratings. That should have never happened.

MTSU has a #38 NET rating and is the #26 team in the country according to HERHOOPS. I agree that we should have never lost that one but it's not our worst loss... which is probably TAMU.

1709315510702.png

Striplin is better than the limit min she is getting.
Totally, coaching has ask her to play 5 spot which she has done well even though undersized for that and they totally forgot they recruited her as a 3/4. Coaching staff has been totally unfair with her minutes even though Kellie calls her the hardest worker on the team. Good recruiting look , come play for us and share bench time.

VN Store

Back