Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Week 13

Someone should call up the weeklys and let them know a top 8 seed and super regional host site is in play.

Reactions: 1 person
This was strange for a lot of reason but mainly because Moss only threw 24 pitches in the game yesterday. This looks like a concede much like the Bama game did when he sat out three starters.

Morgan has no future as a pitcher. Sprang may be able to get it together. Morgan does not have the velocity to be effective in the SEC. He should go ahead and try Seggern I think she had 700 strikeouts as a pitcher in high school.

Glad to see the girls are still fighting trying to overcome a bad decision by management. Need to hold them needs three runs to get back.

Another long home run by them....

Morgan to Morgan...Gone!
Our pitching is a big disappointment....Sprang needs a pitch doctor.

How does a program like Tennessee not have a pitcher? Other SEC teams have a staff of 4, 5 or 6 pitchers that can contribute. Yet we hobble down the stretch with two pitchers and no serviceable backups. Again.

If Arnold or Moss are limited medically, we're in trouble. And if we don't have a pitching coach or sports psychologist who can help Sprang-- who was one of the best pitchers in the country in HS-- we're in trouble there, too. Morgan shouldn't have to pitch another inning.

These announcers are hilariously biased. They act like they are hitting off of Barnhill😂 It is quiet comical. Our girls are doing the best they can with what they have. Sure hitting could have been a little better today but Ward is not a slouch pitcher. I have complete faith we will take the game tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 people
How does a program like Tennessee not have a pitcher? Other SEC teams have a staff of 4, 5 or 6 pitchers that can contribute. Yet we hobble down the stretch with two pitchers and no serviceable backups. Again.

If Arnold or Moss are limited medically, we're in trouble. And if we don't have a pitching coach or sports psychologist who can help Sprang-- who was one of the best pitchers in the country in HS-- we're in trouble there, too. Morgan shouldn't have to pitch another inning.

My very question, however we have not had 3 pitchers that are true good quality pitchers. Poor recruiting or evaluation in my opinion. Morgan was not recruited to pitch and she shouldn't have to. We sure have a lot of players who are either soft or something. Never seen so much sick, cant pitch, or not medically cleared in my ten plus years watching and following the LVs. Reminds me of the soft football teams of the past. To any and all who are actually ill forgive me. :thud:

My very question, however we have not had 3 pitchers that are true good quality pitchers. Poor recruiting or evaluation in my opinion. Morgan was not recruited to pitch and she shouldn't have to. We sure have a lot of players who are either soft or something. Never seen so much sick, cant pitch, or not medically cleared in my ten plus years watching and following the LVs. Reminds me of the soft football teams of the past. To any and all who are actually ill forgive me. :thud:

Something has been wrong with Matty this year. She was in the hospital a few weeks back and just hasn’t been herself ever since.

Feels like a flashback to the third game at Bama where the Weeklys were willing to risk the loss to give bench players experience. And we're doing it against MSU's ace when the stakes are sky high. Risky strategy. MSU outhit us last night and they're doing it again today. If they outpitch us, we probably lose and that could cost us the 4 seed.

I hope Sprang kills it, though. I really like her as a player and would love to see her find her mojo and help us in the postseason.

Wasn’t about “experience,” it was noted multiple times during the radio broadcast that Moss was unavailable and not even at the stadium today. Saving Arnold for tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 people

If the medical staff says a player is not available then just who the hell do you think you are to question that? Are you in the dugout or the training room? Have you seen X-rays and MRIs of players? Visited with their doctors? Seen the surgeries they need after the season? Sat through the night in the ER with three different players this year?

Just what gives you the right to come here and call players that you’re supposedly a fan of “soft” when you have no idea of the things they’re going through?

You Are literally the worst type of fan.

Reactions: 8 people
If the medical staff says a player is not available then just who the hell do you think you are to question that? Are you in the dugout or the training room? Have you seen X-rays and MRIs of players? Visited with their doctors? Seen the surgeries they need after the season? Sat through the night in the ER with three different players this year?

Just what gives you the right to come here and call players that you’re supposedly a fan of “soft” when you have no idea of the things they’re going through?

You Are literally the worst type of fan.

Check the last sentence. You are a homer and always have thought you were a know all about everything!

Hit ignore if you are so inclined.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Check the last sentence. You are a homer and always have thought you were a know all about everything!

Hit ignore if you are so inclined.

That's because I don't post my opinion, I only post things that I know to be fact.

No player has sat out a game this year because they're soft. Period

Reactions: 4 people
That's because I don't post my opinion, I only post things that I know to be fact.

No player has sat out a game this year because they're soft. Period

Since you are the trainer and know only facts about all things LVs does not keep any of us on this message board from stating their opinions. The board is full of opinions and just because you say something is a fact does not make it true.

I've no idea what went on with the pitching today,hopefully Caylan nor Matty comes in tomorrow and pitches lights out

Wasn’t about “experience,” it was noted multiple times during the radio broadcast that Moss was unavailable and not even at the stadium today. Saving Arnold for tomorrow.

My comment was in reference to changing the lineup to replace starters with less experienced players like Hannon and Weimer. It was obvious Moss and Arnold weren't available today or the coaches wouldn't have pitched Sprang and Morgan.

We'll be fourth or fifth depending on what happens today. We have to win and A&M has to lose for us to be fourth. Otherwise were fifth for the tourney. We have the tiebreakers over both LSU and Arkansas so all comes down to winning and A&M losing again.

At this point if both Moss and Arnold are not fully healthy and pitch lights out we are doomed in the post season.

The tournament bracket on the SECN shows UT as the 4 seed heading into today's games. Going by that, all we have to do is win to secure it. With the UGA and SCAR weekend losses, we had an opportunity to move up... but now we'll be fighting to hold the 4 seed.

Edit: The game broadcast shows aTM above UT, so there seems to be confusion between ESPN and the SEC. Either way, we need to win.

Last edited:
Since you are the trainer and know only facts about all things LVs does not keep any of us on this message board from stating their opinions. The board is full of opinions and just because you say something is a fact does not make it true.

For an "opinion" to have any validity, it must be supported by facts. Too many of the "opinions" expressed on this board are devoid of any factual support and are not really worth the time it took to type them in the first place.

I think what you meant to say, rather than "The board is full of opinions. . ." is that the board is full of speculation. And, unfortunately, that speculation is frequently founded on nothing more than the typist's observation of the most recent play/report, without any more information.

Although Deer Park 12 is not a trainer, he is more intimately involved with the Lady Vol program, in general, and the softball team, in particular, than you could ever claim to be - unless you are one of the coaching staff! And, yes, this is my opinion bolstered by my personal knowledge of the factual circumstances!

Jim

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back