Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Week 13

Another Freaky Friday. Glad Arnold got us out of it with the W. And all the SEC teams we needed to lose lost, pushing us up in the standings. So a good night for the good guys.

Reactions: 2 people
May not have a game today and if we do will be later this afternoon. Rain up to a least 3 pm cst and then 25 percent chance up to like 11 pm so don't know if we'll go or not.

First time I have pulled for Bama to win in anything in a long time. Watching the game now hopefully they hold on as we must win the fourth spot not tie. Tie goes to A&M but a win by Bama today puts us in a position to control our own destiny.

First time I have pulled for Bama to win in anything in a long time. Watching the game now hopefully they hold on as we must win the fourth spot not tie. Tie goes to A&M but a win by Bama today puts us in a position to control our own destiny.

I was wondering who has the tiebreaker. why does A&M have it since we didn't play each other?

I thought UT has the tiebreaker over aTm. If we're tied in conference with no head-to-head, we have the better overall record. We also have the higher RPI and the higher national ranking, but shouldn't the overall record be the tiebreaker.

We're a game up on aTm right now and hold #4 outright. We need to win this game and not have to depend on others to lose.

Evidently we didn't care to win today. Walked three and hit a batter already. I guess we don't want to finish in the top four.

Reactions: 2 people
I thought UT has the tiebreaker over aTm. If we're tied in conference with no head-to-head, we have the better overall record. We also have the higher RPI and the higher national ranking, but shouldn't the overall record be the tiebreaker.

We're a game up on aTm right now and hold #4 outright. We need to win this game and not have to depend on others to lose.

I don't know for sure when they showed the brackets on the Bama broadcast as a tie A&M was seeded fourth and us fifth.

Evidently we didn't care to win today. Walked three and hit a batter already. I guess we don't want to finish in the top four.

Exactly. Looks like theyÂ’re more concerned about getting the young pitcher experience than winning the game.

Feels like a flashback to the third game at Bama where the Weeklys were willing to risk the loss to give bench players experience. And we're doing it against MSU's ace when the stakes are sky high. Risky strategy. MSU outhit us last night and they're doing it again today. If they outpitch us, we probably lose and that could cost us the 4 seed.

I hope Sprang kills it, though. I really like her as a player and would love to see her find her mojo and help us in the postseason.

I was wondering who has the tiebreaker. why does A&M have it since we didn't play each other?

I am not certain, but when 2 teams haven't played each other, I think the tiebreaker is each team's record against the highest ranked team they both played in the SEC. Conference ranking and not national ranking. We didn't play Florida and A&M didn't play Georgia, so the South Carolina games become the tiebreaker. A&M won 2 of 3 and we lost all three. Could be wrong.

Home Run 4 to 0 Miss St. May get run ruled today really didn't see this coming. I like Sprang but she really has a long way to go to pitch in the SEC.

That's the old ball game if they keep Sprang in as pitcher.

Hard for her to throw strikes. Keeps hitting batters also.

I haven't watch a game for awhile now but this is pathetic.

Reactions: 1 person
Do we have any pitchers coming in next year? Sprang has definitely been a disappointment. I thought she was supposed to be something spectacular?

Last edited:
I think Ashley Rogers will be a far better pitcher than Sprang ever will. She at least has control only walked 10 batters and struck out 441. You have to throw strikes in the SEC to have any chance when you walk 5 and hit a batter in two innings that is not effective pitching.

Now he's pitching Morgan. The Weeklys are conceding this game. We're going to get run ruled. How disappointing.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back