Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Week 13

So we'll play Florida or Bama. Florida will not hurt our RPI and could improve it dramatically. We still have to worry about SC they need to lose. Ga, LSU, we have the advantage for that 8th spot.

Shipman coming in next season. Vines should be back if she is ever coming back. We need a SS next season who will that be?

SC could knock us out of it by winning this tourney. I don't think they will win it hope Arkansas has another win in them.

Shipman coming in next season. Vines should be back if she is ever coming back. We need a SS next season who will that be?

Shipman should be an upgrade in the catcher position. Vines had a chance to redshirt but i think that is gone now should be an asset if she returns to form. I have heard that Huffstetler who was out this whole year may move there, I am not so sure. Don't know enough about the incoming freshmen but would hope Ralph has prepared to lose Gregg like he did Shipman. Rogers is supposed to be the pitcher we have been waiting for , however so was Gabby.

I think we clinched a top 8 seed with the win today. We have too many top 25 RPI wins to not get a national seed, and UGA and LSU will drop. Our RPI can only increase between now and Sunday.

We have a real shot to win the SECT, IMO. Barnhill had 105 pitches today, so she'll probably pitch a few innings tomorrow and Ocasio will finish. The wild card is how will Moss pitch? She's barely pitched for two weeks. Luckily, Arnold was very efficient today, so she should be available.

Need to be required to re-chalk the box every couple innings. How could the Ref tell she was out there is not box.

I said this a few weeks ago. I grew up playing baseball and just casually watch softball. But if I understand the rule correctly, it's a dumb rule. I know you have to adjust. But if any part of the foot is on the line, then you are in the box.

Reactions: 1 person
I said this a few weeks ago. I grew up playing baseball and just casually watch softball. But if I understand the rule correctly, it's a dumb rule. I know you have to adjust. But if any part of the foot is on the line, then you are in the box.

And any part on the line last year and before was good to go in softball. Not sure what the great revelation was that caused this to change but it has practically stopped slappers at the plate litterly. Why recruit slappers if they cannot fit the new rule. Pitchers have all the advantages and this is a bit one. Might as well load up on power hitters.

first at bat McClain steps out of box and is out and next up Holcomb did as well although she was out at first. These two can not get on without stepping out of the box and hope they are not called. Must be someway to correct this because everyone else is not as blatant, although Alabama has two that do it every time as well but rarely gets called.

Umps are calling it this tournament. Both of Bama's got called tonight for at least 3 costly outs-- killed their chances at a comeback. If the umps know who to watch, CJ and Holcomb will get called a lot. I was hoping we'd get Bama tomorrow to even it out-- their two and our two. The Gators just slam it over the fence. Hope Matty doesn't give them any sweet pitches tomorrow.

VN Store

Back