Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Week 12

You might be correct, but I think every pitcher has regressed since they have started here. It's weird but that's what i see.

Not true. I'm not saying our pitching evaluation or coaching is stellar, but most every full-time pitcher has improved here at TN.

They may have received supplemental guidance from dad or whomever, but they typically gain in velocity and variety of pitch and staying power.

Results may have declined from high school, but that has a lot to do with the skill of college batters.

Our full-time pitchers are always trying to add new pitches to the arsenal. This can lead to some decline in confidence.

After watching our team pretty closely for over a decade, I have seen improvement. Some would've come with growing, but I think coaching has helped.

Reactions: 2 people
I won't say that every pitcher has regressed but some have from what they were doing when they got here.Moss is having her worst season this year. One of the Renfroe sisters not Ellen the other can't remember her name, was better as a freshman and sophomore.
Ellen was about the same every season. Arnold has been a little better this season.
Gabby will have to improve or probably won't be here.
Gabriel was never as good as her ranking.
Gaffin was great the years she pitched and a terrific hitter also.
Abbott was fabulous every year and would love to clone her.

Not true. I'm not saying our pitching evaluation or coaching is stellar, but most every full-time pitcher has improved here at TN.

They may have received supplemental guidance from dad or whomever, but they typically gain in velocity and variety of pitch and staying power.

Results may have declined from high school, but that has a lot to do with the skill of college batters.

Our full-time pitchers are always trying to add new pitches to the arsenal. This can lead to some decline in confidence.

After watching our team pretty closely for over a decade, I have seen improvement. Some would've come with growing, but I think coaching has helped.

I don't know of one pitcher we currently have on staff that has gained velocity.

Arnold said this week that she and Moss are much better conditioned than last year and have worked on their endurance. She said they won't tire out as easily as they did last season and will be able to handle more pitches headed into the postseason. We saw that against UK. Arnold wouldn't have been able to take two back-to-back days with high pitch counts last year. She also said she's been trying to help Sprang, who's had a tough start to her Tennessee career.

So we may not have pitching depth, but it sounds like we're in better shape than last year. I think Arnold has matured a lot and will keep improving.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back