Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Week 12

Use the change more quit getting behind hitters then serving them up one down the middle.

Pitching malpractice on the coaching staff where is the pitching coach? Like I said earlier I don’t blame Matty.

Reactions: 1 person
Pitching malpractice on the coaching staff where is the pitching coach? Like I said earlier I don’t blame Matty.

Matty did not have it all night. Malpractice very often most of the year. Not enough of quality arms and pitchers seem to not get any better. :thud:

Freshman pitching all over the conference our two God bless then can’t throw it over the plate. Bad evaluation or coaching. Frustrating.

Hey, maybe Ralph will pitch Matty again tomorrow and see how many HRs UK can hit off her before her arm goes numb. Wow, they hung her out to dry tonight.

Ralph said on postgame we only had “one” pitcher that could go. Sprang was in the bullpen at one point. Did not sound pleased gave Matty credit for gutting it out. Something didn’t sound right.

Just got back from the game. A few observations. Most inconsistent strike zone I've ever seen, it was bad for both teams and the pitchers had to throw too many balls over the center of the plate to get a strike called.

Our pitch selection is terrible. Matty was throwing her change for strikes early on and they just don't throw it enough. When she is throwing it for strikes she needs to throw it a lot more and she needs to double up on it some. They had her hard stuff timed. A couple of those girls would have screwed themselves into the ground if they'd gotten a change up.

Did they say anything on the broadcast about Arnold not being available to pitch? Was she sick or something? If she wasn't able to pitch tonight coach didn't have any good options. If she was able to pitch then this was the worst coached game I've ever seen. She should have been in after they cut it to 8-4 on the 3rd homer.

Then maybe Karen was the problem with her pitch calls. I agree the umpire was consistently bad for both teams. When Leach struggles and Megan and Seggern does as well we were lucky to score 8 runs. Hard to see how Ky jelly has lost so many games in the SEC.

Kentucky pitching is not that great and neither is ours. They usually are good at scoring runs but most teams pound their pitching. We did a good job of scoring 8 runs but no home runs and very few hard hit balls. We were opportunistic in getting as many runs as we did.
We definitely had a few failures in recruiting pitchers and hitters. In the last few years we've never had enough pitching. Need to be searching now need at least a third effective pitcher for next season wouldn't want to rely on Sprang or Morgan to be that person.

Need a graduate transfer pitcher in the worst way. Surely there is a junior pitcher out there at a lesser program that would be interested in pitching for a potential WCWS team. This team needs immediate help next year.

VN Store

Back