Game Thread Lady Vols Missouri

Comes and goes. The SC girls seem to like it... A'ja Wilson, Sarah Imovbioh and Mikah Herbert Harrigan were all sporting the short shorts. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing if they can pull it off.

I did notice SC's shorts were shorter and I think MS's too. I wondered later if they were made shorter or if they rolled them at the waistband like some of the LVs do.

Hell yeah - if you can pull it off, go for it! (I can't!) 😬

Where did I say I did or didn't like anything? (Except that cool pink/orange jacket HW wore a couple of weeks ago - I did love that!)

I merely mentioned the short(er) shorts as it seems to be a change in trend (I guess?) and just something I've noticed as being different lately. I certainly didn't say anything negative about them. Hell, I wish I could wear short shorts!

Don't start no sh*t, won't be none....

enjoy the game tonight :good!:

Missouri doesn't have enough to beat Tennessee. They are going to play physical and til the final horn though. With that said Tennessee should win fairly easily but they can't sleep walk through most of the quarters if they want to have a big enough lead for Harris (does she even still play for the Vols or is there an injury there?) and Dunbar (what is it that you vol fans say... free Kortney?) to get meaningful minutes.

Reactions: 1 person
Missouri doesn't have enough to beat Tennessee. They are going to play physical and til the final horn though. With that said Tennessee should win fairly easily but they can't sleep walk through most of the quarters if they want to have a big enough lead for Harris (does she even still play for the Vols or is there an injury there?) and Dunbar (what is it that you vol fans say... free Kortney?) to get meaningful minutes.

Georgia, with their sad sack offense, shouldn't have had enough to beat Tennessee, but they did. Mizzou has a great one-two, outside-inside scoring punch with Sophie and Porter, and they have the floor spaced with three point shooters. They have the potential to be dangerous.

Georgia, with their sad sack offense, shouldn't have had enough to beat Tennessee, but they did. Mizzou has a great one-two, outside-inside scoring punch with Sophie and Porter, and they have the floor spaced with three point shooters. They have the potential to be dangerous.

Fair points, indeed. What Mizzou does not have, though, are athletes who are capable of putting pressure on the LVs. Teams which can press us are where the LVs have been struggling (and losing).

I expect that the LVs will control tempo and win this game.

No reason we shouldn't win if these Missouri girls don't block to many of Russell's shots. Russell should score everytime she gets her hands on the ball. No reason anyone on their team can guard Nared or Deshields. Sometimes we play down to the opponent and we are certainly at a coaching deficit tonight as this Missouri coach gets maximum effort out of her three star and two star recruits.

There are some similarities there but Mizzou isn't as athletic as Georgia so I think that should help if things get hairy. I feel like Tennessee would have to be up 40 for Harris to get any playing time and Dunbar seems to come in randomly I wish I knew why that was. Dunbar is back at full strength right? What did Harris do to be so rarely used?

Here are some of Tennessee’s thoughts heading into tonight's game, which Holly called a "must-win" for the LVs.

Holly Warlick Quotes:

(On the importance of the game against Missouri)

“I think the next two games are huge for us and particularly this one. Missouri is not a conventional team, and that’s not a slam. They’ll spread out with five people. They average 25 threes a game, so they’re a difficult team for us to play. It’s a must-win for us because they’re tied with us. Texas A&M is above us, and we have the opportunity to play both of those teams at home. You’ve got to secure your home court, and then we have go on the road and win at Alabama. We’d really love a win at Mississippi State too. We have to take care of our home court.”

(On the importance of having someone step up when Russell, DeShields or Nared struggle)

“I don’t think Jaime had a game typical of Jaime [against Georgia]. I think she recognizes it, but we need someone else to step up, and that’s part of being a role player. You step up when somebody is struggling. That wasn’t a typical game for Jaime, but I don’t expect her to stay there.”

(On being tuned in during games)

“I think we just have some mental lapses and we’re getting other teams’ best. Our kids understand that, but there cannot be a letdown. You’ve got to play the game as hard as you can every possession you can. I think at times we take possessions off.”

Jaime Nared Quotes:

(On looking ahead from the Georgia game)

“We had a meeting just to talk about it all and what direction we want our season to go from here. We can’t have moments where we play so great, go on a four-game winning streak, and then play the way we did in Georgia. I think we’ve got to figure out a way to just bounce back, basically.”

(On rising to the occasion at the end of games against big names like Notre Dame and South Carolina)

“It’s funny because that’s something my dad and I have talked about. That’s something I’ve practiced since I was a little kid, practicing little in-game situations. It’s just always fun with my dad, and when I’m in the situation, I feel comfortable. It’s not something that I feel like I haven’t done before because I’ve practiced it, and I’ve played with my sister. In practice, you work on in-game situations. You just take a deep breath, and you want to win, so it’s not anything you need to be nervous about.”

Refs are letting them play. See if that continues or changes abruptly.

Looking fairly inept on offense. Rebounding did not show up tonight.

Spoken like someone who hasn't seen TN Play this year. 3 losses to +80 rpi teams

This game has Georgia written all over it. Headed for another close loss the way they're playing. No energy.

VN Store

Back